Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

December 16, 2010, 12:22:31 AM #30 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:26:45 AM by BlackJax96
haha kk figured

too many topics in one topic >.>

Edit: I wonder if it would be possible to inject a model into a polygon and vertset and then move the polygon around the model to make it fit in place... just an idea. You'd probably need to rebuild the mdl0 for that

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 16, 2010, 12:22:31 AM
I wonder if it would be possible to inject a model into a polygon and vertset and then move the polygon around the model to make it fit in place...

I'll give you an obj example of how poly's work
first off, poly's are a certain number of points that make up a face...
one point will have 3 indexes ( vert/normal/UV )
now onto the types of poly's (going by number of points)
1 = point
2 = line
3 = triangle
4 = square (quad)
5> = multi-point polygon
note: obj files don't use advanced polygon techniques such as strips or fans

so here's how an obj file with would look like:

# 8 verts
v 0.0 0.0 0.0
v 1.0 0.0 0.0
v 0.0 1.0 0.0
v 0.0 0.0 1.0
v 1.0 1.0 0.0
v 0.0 1.0 1.0
v 1.0 0.0 1.0
v 1.0 1.0 1.0

#8 normals
vn 0.0 0.0 0.0
vn 1.0 0.0 0.0
vn 0.0 1.0 0.0
vn 0.0 0.0 1.0
vn 1.0 1.0 0.0
vn 0.0 1.0 1.0
vn 1.0 0.0 1.0
vn 1.0 1.0 1.0

#4 uv's
vt 0.0 0.0
vt 1.0 0.0
vt 0.0 1.0
vt 1.0 1.0

#5 faces
o zero
f 1/1/1 #point
f 1/1/1 2/2/2 #line
f 1/1/1 2/2/2 4/4/3 #tri
f 1/1/1 2/2/2 4/4/3 8/8/4 #quad

o one #these are objects btw
f 1 3 5 6 7 8 #poly

that obj should work btw ;)
I just made it up and typed it out :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 16, 2010, 02:05:47 AM
I'll give you an obj example of how poly's work
first off, poly's are a certain number of points that make up a face...
one point will have 3 indexes ( vert/normal/UV )
now onto the types of poly's (going by number of points)
1 = point
2 = line
3 = triangle
4 = square (quad)
5> = multi-point polygon

Knew that

Quote from: Tcll on December 16, 2010, 02:05:47 AM
note: obj files don't use advanced polygon techniques such as strips or fans

so here's how an obj file with would look like:

# 8 verts
v 0.0 0.0 0.0
v 1.0 0.0 0.0
v 0.0 1.0 0.0
v 0.0 0.0 1.0
v 1.0 1.0 0.0
v 0.0 1.0 1.0
v 1.0 0.0 1.0
v 1.0 1.0 1.0

#8 normals
vn 0.0 0.0 0.0
vn 1.0 0.0 0.0
vn 0.0 1.0 0.0
vn 0.0 0.0 1.0
vn 1.0 1.0 0.0
vn 0.0 1.0 1.0
vn 1.0 0.0 1.0
vn 1.0 1.0 1.0

#4 uv's
vt 0.0 0.0
vt 1.0 0.0
vt 0.0 1.0
vt 1.0 1.0

#5 faces
o zero
f 1/1/1 #point
f 1/1/1 2/2/2 #line
f 1/1/1 2/2/2 4/4/3 #tri
f 1/1/1 2/2/2 4/4/3 8/8/4 #quad

o one #these are objects btw
f 1 3 5 6 7 8 #poly

that obj should work btw ;)
I just made it up and typed it out :P

Didn't know that.

Here's a load of questions, see how many you can answer lol:

So you're adding polys to your template?

What about vertices?

Does your template include the header for the mdl0? (All the hex from MDL0 to the load of ÿÿÿÿ)

What parts are you missing from your template?

I really need to get that template to work O_O

Teach me anything and everything you know :D


@BJ96:
well everything that's done involves:
Definitions
...
UV Points
~
Tex1 (Textures)
Tex2 (Pallets)

Mat1 (Shaders) are about 40%
Mat2 (Materials) are about 8%

Polygons (Objects) are currently being worked on
by rightful terms, the Polygons sould really be called Objects as they are linked to the main scene

and also, try creating a new template and see if it appears in that directory...
what OS do you use??
I use WinXP Home

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 16, 2010, 02:44:08 AM #35 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:50:26 AM by BlackJax96
Go find people who know C++. If they don't want to help, lay 5H17 down and hold up a gun and it should work.
And find topics, any topics, that have info on mdl0s. Any info at all.

@Tcll: Ok I'll try that, I'm running Win7 Home 32 bit. Work on that template like crazy, the more that's done the better

Edit: Hexedit won't read any templates I add

ah...
well there's your problem :P
win7 has an entirely different setup compaired to winXP
try seeing if you can't find a directory similar to the one I gave you...

you may have a seperate App data folder for 32bit Apps
I know there's a Program Files 32

I havn't really been around 7 long enough to know what it's about...
nor do I care to :P
I'm a PC and Win7 was not my idea :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I'm on xp but in a day or 2 I'm changin things up, 7xdark and ubuntu.  As soon as I do that I was gonna start experimenting with materials1 and 2

December 16, 2010, 03:02:33 AM #38 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:06:35 AM by BlackJax96
lol this is the post where I swear my head off because all the other built-in templates are in the same directory as the one i'm adding and macs are just stupid.

WHAT THE **** HOLY **** WHY THE **** DOES THIS ****ING HAPPEN TO ****ING PCs! WHAT THE ****!

replace **** with the word of your choice

Edit 1: HEY WAIT... why don't I just modify a built in template? wow  *facepalm*

Edit 2: It still reads the original template! What the heck I think it's in a different directory, starting whole computer search

December 16, 2010, 03:09:25 AM #39 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:10:43 AM by Tcll
@LH

dude...

7 sux entirely...
it's basically vista with batter nav and program compatibility...
you still have all the other errors it had

honestly...
stick with XP
it's better and more reliable...
maybe not as user friendly,
but it's better than security issues you can't disable DX

if you need any help with certain things at all,
hit me up and I'll see what I can do ;)

btw, if it's just for the looks you're going for...
I can prbly find you something :)

@BJ

hmm...
this didn't work for me...
but it's worth a shot...
try the program directory :/
there's a copy of all the templates in there...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 16, 2010, 03:16:57 AM #40 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:19:31 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Tcll on December 16, 2010, 03:09:25 AM
hmm...
this didn't work for me...
but it's worth a shot...
try the program directory :/
there's a copy of all the templates in there...

I got it to work. The directory I needed to put it in was in a hidden folder crammed into the depths of my computer. I wouldn't have found it without searching

Holy -blam!- this template is awesome, keep up the good work!

ah...

create a shortcut to there btw
you'll be modding that file constantly...

heh...
I guess the other files can be deleted :P

I've enabled hidden folders on my cpu btw, so I can see them...

what's the directory btw?? (for other people who own macs)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 16, 2010, 03:24:38 AM #42 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:29:00 AM by BlackJax96
I created a shortcut there and I have no idea why this would help mac users because I have a pc but it was

C:/users/yourusername/appdata/roaming/ecsoftware/hexedit

Also, when I open the template I have to close like, 100 popups saying "unrecognized member name for struct" by holding enter

it'll help other users for where the templates go on MAC

and just to set things strait...
it did work on win7??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Wow... one day and we already have progress!! I think? >_>