Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I hope that, when this is finished, someone can rig the Naruto import model with Ike's boneset.

Quote from: ds22 on March 22, 2011, 10:29:33 AM
I hope that, when this is finished, someone can rig the Naruto import model with Ike's boneset.

about that (bones and rigging)

can you take a short break to work on a bone adder / placement editor
that would kinda be more useful than a dae importer right now :/
(kinda doing what TSG's BTE was supposed to do)

and there should be less code involved
(brbx already has everything you need)

I'm asking because my bone structure for pachi is beginning to become urgently needed...
I can't wait too much longer for it :/

this is what I need to do:
TopN
-TransN
--XRotN
---YRotN
----HipN

-----origin (for scaling him to 4.2, and moving him to the proper position)
------waist
-------LThigh
--------LFoot
-------RThigh
--------RFoot
-------Spine
--------Head
---------LEar
---------REar
---------HaveN
--------LArm
---------LHand
--------RArm
---------RHand
-------Tail1
--------Tail2
---------Tail3
----------Tai4
----ThrowN

the bones in yellow are what I need to add
note: I'm not changing any of pachi's original bones
I'm putting Pachi over Pika and I want to be able to use both chars.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on March 22, 2011, 12:05:54 PM
Quote from: ds22 on March 22, 2011, 10:29:33 AM
I hope that, when this is finished, someone can rig the Naruto import model with Ike's boneset.

about that (bones and rigging)

can you take a short break to work on a bone adder / placement editor
that would kinda be more useful than a dae importer right now :/
(kinda doing what TSG's BTE was supposed to do)

@ds22: You can start rigging the model now, so you can import it asap. (I've already started ripping and rigging models I'll be importing)

@tcll: I'll work on it, like I said.

March 22, 2011, 11:26:33 PM #483 Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:29:46 AM by EternalYoshi
Yeah. I want a bone adder that links all of the bones correctly.
It's basically the only thing keeping me from releasing the updated movesets Lyn and Gray Fox.

Until then, they are going to stay in semi-closed development.

I haven't looked at the Mdl0 I modded since relinking the original 29 bones. I should go do that. I also see you updated your XML.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on March 22, 2011, 11:21:25 PM
Quote from: Tcll on March 22, 2011, 12:05:54 PM
Quote from: ds22 on March 22, 2011, 10:29:33 AM
I hope that, when this is finished, someone can rig the Naruto import model with Ike's boneset.

about that (bones and rigging)

can you take a short break to work on a bone adder / placement editor
that would kinda be more useful than a dae importer right now :/
(kinda doing what TSG's BTE was supposed to do)

@ds22: You can start rigging the model now, so you can import it asap. (I've already started ripping and rigging models I'll be importing)

@tcll: I'll work on it, like I said.
Sadly, I don't really know how to rig a model.

Quote from: ds22 on March 22, 2011, 11:34:47 PM
Quote from: BlackJax96 on March 22, 2011, 11:21:25 PM
Quote from: Tcll on March 22, 2011, 12:05:54 PM
Quote from: ds22 on March 22, 2011, 10:29:33 AM
I hope that, when this is finished, someone can rig the Naruto import model with Ike's boneset.

about that (bones and rigging)

can you take a short break to work on a bone adder / placement editor
that would kinda be more useful than a dae importer right now :/
(kinda doing what TSG's BTE was supposed to do)

@ds22: You can start rigging the model now, so you can import it asap. (I've already started ripping and rigging models I'll be importing)

@tcll: I'll work on it, like I said.
Sadly, I don't really know how to rig a model.

Me neither! :D I'm teaching myself as I go lol


rigging is prbly the easiest thing to do (not grouping)

here's a nice tut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTeHY_2Z0_4

but still,
we're just talking about editing a bone tree and adding dummy bones to it

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Quote from: dark sonic 19 on March 22, 2011, 11:51:41 PM
That tut is realy long

yea, I know, but it's the best one I've seen

it teaches you alot :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.




still though...
you don't really need to know-

actually, for dummy bones that have a purpose (like HaveN)...
perhapse you would have to know a little about rigging,
to know how to parent it to the right bone...

but that's about it...
I just need to get my tree for Pachi built right...
and I'm not doing that by hand >:(
way too many offset values to change...

either TSG will have to release his new one,
or BJ will have to add support to Brbx...

Pachi is currently on hold until this happens
he doesn't have the proper bones so he won't work right...


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I think I'll just request the rigged Naruto after BlackJax96 releases his Brawl Box mod.