Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 69 Guests are viewing this topic.

Random thing. I've been looking for a way to use .DAT files to use on Brawlbox by conversion or something else. I'm very inexperienced in this field. I play Runescape (not in the mood to argue) and decided to start porting models from it to Brawl and go from there. I've used a RSMV program that allows me to view the models for the game. Someone said a few months back they would like to learn about .DAT files. I have absolutely no idea why I'm posting, but maybe looking up that software could intrigue you, and hopefully help me port this Nomad onto Wolf. It's called RSMV, and it's working just fine.


Quote from: Colter on March 24, 2011, 09:35:14 PM
Random thing. I've been looking for a way to use .DAT files to use on Brawlbox by conversion or something else. I'm very inexperienced in this field. I play Runescape (not in the mood to argue) and decided to start porting models from it to Brawl and go from there. I've used a RSMV program that allows me to view the models for the game. Someone said a few months back they would like to learn about .DAT files. I have absolutely no idea why I'm posting, but maybe looking up that software could intrigue you, and hopefully help me port this Nomad onto Wolf. It's called RSMV, and it's working just fine.
You can rip models from RUNESCAPE!

I need a new pair of pants, for I have both jizzed and crapped them.

and those DAT filestalked about earlier were from Melee...
they'd be incompaible here...
greeeaaat... yet another game with DAT files :srs:
I'm not adding support for these.

to support these,
build the plugin when I make my release.
(I'll write a guide telling the specs of the plugins and the tmp format)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

i also hope this is soon done so i maybe can find a Vegeta Model and convert him to .mld0 and port him to Brawl or if possible give him same boneset as someone in Brawl
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: MarioDK on March 25, 2011, 04:24:21 PM
if possible give him same boneset as someone in Brawl

that would require redoing the weights and rig before exporting...

do a port...
it's much easier :)

if you use my method,
all you have to do is add the needed bones
eg: with Pika: [ TransN : HipN ] + ThrowN + HaveN

(using the example)
you can then add your bones between HipN and ThrowN
and put HaveN wherever the head is.

keep in mind: you'll have to move your first bone opposite of HipN when animating ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on March 25, 2011, 04:38:07 PM
Quote from: MarioDK on March 25, 2011, 04:24:21 PM
if possible give him same boneset as someone in Brawl

that would require redoing the weights and rig before exporting...

do a port...
it's much easier :)

if you use my method,
all you have to do is add the needed bones
eg: with Pika: [ TransN : HipN ] + ThrowN + HaveN

(using the example)
you can then add your bones between HipN and ThrowN
and put HaveN wherever the head is.

keep in mind: you'll have to move your first bone opposite of HipN when animating ;)
ok so i do a Port :D but first i have to find a Vegeta in the right Model File format :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

What format it has to be in?
 
             

Quote from: dark sonic 19 on March 25, 2011, 05:33:26 PM
What format it has to be in?
i also want to know before i do it a seach for a vegeta.(the file formate) Model(maybe with texture too)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

I would like to have a Naruto import with as less T-poses as possible (meaning that I can just use the already excisting animations for CoN Naruto).
I think I'll watch that rigging tutorial vid posted the other day in it's entire and see if I can prepare Naruto to work over Ike.

Quote from: ds22 on March 25, 2011, 06:09:13 PM
I would like to have a Naruto import with as less T-poses as possible (meaning that I can just use the already excisting animations for CoN Naruto).
I think I'll watch that rigging tutorial vid posted the other day in it's entire and see if I can prepare Naruto to work over Ike.


if you use my method,
you won't have too much work to do but the add and parent dummy bones :)

then export and convert :P

do you know what bones are needed for ike??

here's a list of the global required bones:

TopN (origin) (animation snaps back otherwize)
TransN (movement (moves TopN to new location)) (freezes otherwize)
XRotN (rotation) (??)
YRotN (rotation) (??)
HipN (for being grabbed/held/thrown by opponent) (polygons splatter otherwize)
ThrowN (to hold opponent) (can't hold opponent otherwize)
HaveN {has derivitives} (to hold pick-up items) (freezes otherwize)

derivitives of HaveN are RHaveN and LHaveN (Lucario has these)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

is it maybe also possible to use that Kid Goku Over luigi with same boneset as Ness get Goku´s Powerpole to work as Ness Bat and the tail get removed or dont use the bones same for the bones in the hair then i can easyer make a Kid Goku over Ness :D(i really hate Kid goku is over Luigi this why i will try to port him)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Tcll on March 25, 2011, 08:34:32 PM


if you use my method,
you won't have too much work to do but the add and parent dummy bones :)

then export and convert :P

do you know what bones are needed for ike??

here's a list of the global required bones:

TopN (origin) (animation snaps back otherwize)
TransN (movement (moves TopN to new location)) (freezes otherwize)
XRotN (rotation) (??)
YRotN (rotation) (??)
HipN (for being grabbed/held/thrown by opponent) (polygons splatter otherwize)
ThrowN (to hold opponent) (can't hold opponent otherwize)
HaveN {has derivitives} (to hold pick-up items) (freezes otherwize)

derivitives of HaveN are RHaveN and LHaveN (Lucario has these)
I would need:
TopN
TransN
XRotN
YRotN
HipN
ThrowN
LHaveN

But if I use your method, I won't have to re-animate Naruto from scratch?

I Hope that when this comes out, I can use this for stages and be able to move and scale it all with 1 bone.
I still have all of the stage models from MGS2....

Quote from: ds22 on March 25, 2011, 08:53:16 PM
I would need:
TopN
TransN
XRotN
YRotN
HipN
ThrowN
LHaveN

But if I use your method, I won't have to re-animate Naruto from scratch?

IDK if those are the exact bones you need for ike :/

and yea, for the animations,
all you'd have to do is copy the bones to the brawl chr0 :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on March 26, 2011, 02:17:38 AM

IDK if those are the exact bones you need for ike :/

and yea, for the animations,
all you'd have to do is copy the bones to the brawl chr0 :)
Maybe the 2 sword bones as well IDRK.
Also, what exactly do you mean with "all you'd have to do is copy the bones to the brawl chr0"?