Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

There's more to the guide here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263127

There should be, down a bit into the original post, a thing that says:

Original text tutorial:
Hidden Message Show

Then click show.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 31, 2011, 01:11:30 AM
There's more to the guide here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263127

There should be, down a bit into the original post, a thing that says:

Original text tutorial:
Hidden Message Show

Then click show.

yea thanx :)
hopefully I'll be able to implement support for multiple MDL0 header types...

otherwise, it'll be seperate MDL0 plugins >_>

but either way... it'll work ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Wait, are you saying the model headder thing is the only thing stoping you??
That's epic news!

Wait, we're still talking about a mdl0/dae converter right XD

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on March 31, 2011, 02:15:11 AM
Wait, are you saying the model headder thing is the only thing stoping you??
That's epic news!

Wait, we're still talking about a mdl0/dae converter right XD

no...
not at all
this is something for later...

the current thing stopping me is these stupid indexes :@

I can't seem to figure them out
and I can't get a proper model until they are figured out:

Pachi:


Pika:


the indexes are being read properly,
but I think there's a manipulation value somewhere...

I'm trying to get them to look like a Will's export:

Pachi:
no Will's image :(

Pika:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on March 31, 2011, 02:15:11 AM
Wait, are you saying the model headder thing is the only thing stoping you??

I'm pretty sure, but it's not as easy to fix as you might think. I can't just open a hex editor and change some values around. I have to MAKE and set the values from scratch using a system Kryal has set up that I don't fully understand yet...

well I never said it was an easy thing, I just figured it was the only thing lol

Quote from: Tcll on March 31, 2011, 02:32:39 AM

no...
not at all
this is something for later...

the current thing stopping me is these stupid indexes :@

I can't seem to figure them out
and I can't get a proper model until they are figured out:

Pachi:


Pika:


the indexes are being read properly,
but I think there's a manipulation value somewhere...

I'm trying to get them to look like a Will's export:

Pachi:
no Will's image :(

Pika:


I'm not too sure what you are talking about Tcll and it is pretty likely you already know this, but the reason behind you exporting the raw vertex values and them looking screwed is because of the raw vertex values are the values of the vertices minus the changes being made by the bones.

That is why Will's converter only worked properly with trophy models, there was only 1 bone.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, I'll come to your chat tomorrow and explain it a little clearer. I could have sworn I brought this up a while ago.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Strange, having 2 parallel projects on this.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 31, 2011, 10:14:57 AM
Strange, having 2 parallel projects on this.

it's not really parallel :/

his only does a single conversion...

mine handles multiple conversions for almost any file type...

I need to redo a few functions though DX<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on March 31, 2011, 01:53:57 PM

it's not really parallel :/

his only does a single conversion...

mine handles multiple conversions for almost any file type...

I need to redo a few functions though DX<

Who said I wasn't going to add import/export for other model types when I was done X)
I'll know most of the model parsing code like the back of my hand by then :D

Maybe you can make it work with GMAX (i mean, i have to wait another 2 to 3 months for my own copy of 3DS max.)
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

I'll be looking into the .blend format for 248, 249, and 26# (when it's released)
right now it's on the beta series (2.56)...

please add blend support ;_;

I had to reinstall windows again after installing (testing) 3DS on my comp...
still get random blue screens

although for some good news:
1 comp + 2 monitors + ~1 TV = 1 BA comp >:3
I'm loving my new NVidia 8400 GS card 8)
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
^spam FTW
got my chat open on the other monitor :af:

tried to get my TV working, but this one's giving me probs...
oh well >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

anyone know where the src is to SZS Modifier??

I've tried looking, and have nad failure the entire way DX

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


sry DS
that's just the prog... -_-

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.