Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

looked into the YAGCD again...
this time I actually understood some crap

the registers are (as expected) the same,
but the YAGCD has more [understandable] info on them than the Brbx src and wii SDK combined

thus, I'm appending an extension to my MDL0 plugin...
'NtdoCmn.py'
this is all the common formattings and function types of the Wii and GCN combined

if anyone would like to build a gcn/wii model plugin once the release comes,
that's an important extension you'll want to include.

note: after my first release, I may do a complete overhaul of my code
(meaning I'll be redoing everything)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

WOOT!!!!

finally some progress :D
details here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12513505&postcount=38

Revel8n srs gets credit in this
he has been the one able to fix my broken work :D
so congrats go to him :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

:patrick:
So the only thing left needed in your model converter is the texture part?

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

No that was fixed a long time ago.

The only part left, and the hardest part, is calculating all the values that you see on the right when you click on a node. Right now, those values are incorrect and not allowing export or save to work.

Ahh, sounds like tedious work. Good luck you guys!

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

Damn...Looks like I should maybe figure out how make my own models then...

Like maybe making a Mega Man model?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: SSJCerious on April 10, 2011, 05:50:09 PM
:patrick:
So the only thing left needed in your model converter is the texture part?


pretty much ^_^
textures ad materials...
after figuring out the objects :)

but those will be the most complicated part, and will require the most programming...
like (2:3) * current code

melee's DAT format is a pain though
I have to generate custom strings for the names for everything

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I think if anyone's gonna talk about Tcll's converter, they should quote him or else I'll think they're responding to the OP lol

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 10, 2011, 06:27:54 PM
I think if anyone's gonna talk about Tcll's converter, they should quote him or else I'll think they're responding to the OP lol

I thought it was kinda obvious... heh

1: after the users post
2: reflected on details of the user's post
3: had- lost the 3rd point XP

but yea...
but they should state whome they're responding to :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

So, TCLL.

Using this, could we make our own models form scratch and possibly use them in the game?

Like, say I make a MMZ model in 3DSMAX, and rig it, can I import him into BB using the converter?

What work would, consequently, be needed to make it work in Brawl, aside from the obvious of needing to make animations from scratch, and how much time would such a project take to complete?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Maybe #3 was "Quotes the user's post" XD

Above post lol - Yes; yes; same as always; as long as it takes you to import a model normally.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 10, 2011, 06:44:55 PM
Maybe #3 was "Quotes the user's post" XD

Above post lol - Yes; yes; same as always; as long as it takes you to import a model normally.

Then if that is so...

Oh baby. It means we could take models that have no bones for certain things and make their models from scratch in 3DSMAX in order to add them.

I can see "The Master" from Paper Mario being within reach...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Haha yep just about anything will be possible when either my or Tcll's converter is done ;)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 10, 2011, 06:52:42 PM
Haha yep just about anything will be possible when either my or Tcll's converter is done ;)

you may want to think about literally taking brawlbox over,
if you want to go through with that :/

the entire system of Brbx will need to be redone...
as there's alot more commands for the CP, XF, and BP registers...
(IDK why Kryal didn't include all of them)

not to mention that for conversion,
would need to have a seperate class for each file format
(if you're supporting multiple types like I am)

as for me,
I've got alot of work to do with getting the weights working on my global format
(after I finish the indexing of course)

this converter is really just for converting model files...

meaning you should be able to take a brawl char,
and convert it to a format supported by the plugins...
^(currently MDL0 -> OBJ)

right now, you can simply just use it for my vertexing method,
as it's better than Will's...
(I'll add a simple export option if you want a simple vert/norm/uv/face model (untransformed))
^the complex option will allow transforms to be applied...
(this will export a transformed obj where say Pikachu is in his regular T-Pose)
^but because of the transforms, won't work with my vertexing method as the vectors will be given new values

I'll see if I can't build a 'No Transform' option...
basically, the model will be in it's original T-pose, and still workable in brawl
instead of being transformed like in my images

meaning vertexing would be alot easier for my method,
since the vectors would be in their appropriate positions
(as in edit mode in a modelling program)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

btw...

with my converter,
you shouldn't have to be subject to limitations like keeping the same number of polygons...

if you export it from an editor, you should be able to import it into brawl :)

take my custom game character Riku for example...
the only limitation I'd have to make for him is (since I'm putting him over Pikachu) making sure I have the bones brawl uses, while keeping the controller bones seperate

I could then animate him however the heck I wanted >:D
with a few restrictions of course :/

FINALLY
I'll be able to actually test my game developing skills :happy:
^I hope no-one forgot I'm training myself in game development :/

EDIT:
I'll be doing the same to Melee Pichu as well...
but my ultimate objective for him is literally adding him to brawl
(along with the rest of the 5)

I wanna try to put Bomberman in as well...
as he does deserve the place he once had :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.