Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Literally half your first post went over my head.

Also.

Quote from: Tcll
take my custom game character Riku for example...
the only limitation I'd have to make for him is (since I'm putting him over Pikachu) making sure I have the bones brawl uses, while keeping the controller bones seperate

I could then animate him however the heck I wanted
with a few restrictions of course :/

Explain the bolded and bold underlined concisely please?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on April 10, 2011, 07:51:18 PMExplain the bolded and bold underlined concisely please?

this should answer the first part: (controller bones)
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=gotopost&board=123145&thread=6&post=31
the controller bones are what control or morph the model (in green)
the brawl required bones will have no effect on the model, (in yellow)
but will act as placeholders to keep the game from freezing.
note: be sure not to touch or move any brawl bones when animating using this method,
and be sure to have the controller bones named differently when adding them to the CHR0

as for the restrictions:
-when animating, be sure not to change the frame-length
-watch your file-size, and be sure not to go over the disk quota of 7.92GB
^if you do go over, you can replace a few songs you don't use with blanks

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on April 10, 2011, 08:04:50 PM

this should answer the first part: (controller bones)
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=gotopost&board=123145&thread=6&post=31
the controller bones are what control or morph the model (in green)
the brawl required bones will have no effect on the model, (in yellow)
but will act as placeholders to keep the game from freezing.
note: be sure not to touch or move any brawl bones when animating using this method,
and be sure to have the controller bones named differently when adding them to the CHR0

as for the restrictions:
-when animating, be sure not to change the frame-length
-watch your file-size, and be sure not to go over the disk quota of 7.92GB
^if you do go over, you can replace a few songs you don't use with blanks

Hmm....Sounds quite tricky to deal with.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Not really, just use the bone adder program on your freshly-converted Mdl0 and rename the bones accordingly.
Excited for this btw, I have Shiraishi Minoru's 3D model and I could try some cool stage imports...

Quote from: Difegue on April 10, 2011, 08:12:18 PM
Not really, just use the bone adder program on your freshly-converted Mdl0 and rename the bones accordingly.
Excited for this btw, I have Shiraishi Minoru's 3D model and I could try some cool stage imports...

Well, I don't have the bone adder program (at least I think I don't).

This has inspired me to want to try making Sabrina over PKMN Trainer with a custom model, using the PKMN Trainer model as a size reference.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Difegue on April 10, 2011, 08:12:18 PM
Not really, just use the bone adder program on your freshly-converted Mdl0 and rename the bones accordingly.
Excited for this btw, I have Shiraishi Minoru's 3D model and I could try some cool stage imports...
NO!
FW's makes a copy of the entire MDL0 and places it at the end of the data

and because of that, this method is still... well... untested...
I did do a test using FW's and TSG's BTE
(needed 5 bones added before the first bone (TopN:HipN))
the outcome was a freeze before starting the battle

EDIT:
not to mention FW's doesn't change all the data needed...
^talking about the relocation group

it only changes the 2nd group leading to the 2nd tree,
but it copies the values from the last bone to use for the added bones

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

welp I didn't know, I thought the bone adder fixed all import problems :V Do you have to hex them in or something, then?

Quote from: Difegue on April 10, 2011, 08:19:14 PM
welp I didn't know, I thought the bone adder fixed all import problems :V Do you have to hex them in or something, then?
yes...
but I refuse to by hand as it would mean redoing every one of the offset mappings...

and there's quite alot for just a single object with a single material...

EDIT:
I'm getting tired of waiting for TSG's release :srs:
the previous one has a save error that's fixed the next one,
bu the next one also adds bones the proper way

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Ah, I see. Besides, it would piss off everyone doing imports to have to rehex 15+ offsets, derp
Automation is a no-brainer on that one :p

Quote from: Tcll on April 10, 2011, 08:21:30 PM
I'm getting tired of waiting for TSG's release :srs:
the previous one has a save error that's fixed the next one,
bu the next one also adds bones the proper way
Already told you, waiting on Shyguy is a dumb move, he doesnt want to come back to brawl hacking. He said it wastes too much time, and his grades are in the [censored]ter anyway.

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

Quote from: SSJCerious on April 10, 2011, 08:31:02 PM
Already told you, waiting on Shyguy is a dumb move, he doesnt want to come back to brawl hacking. He said it wastes too much time, and his grades are in the [censored]ter anyway.
so that's what happened to him :o

then who the F is gonna- wait
BJ said he's doing it... just not as much as the converter

is bone tree editing done at least BJ?? :/

I'd prog one if I could...
I've got way too many projects going for me right now so yea...
(being a member of 2 hacking communities) heh

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on April 10, 2011, 08:21:30 PM
I'm getting tired of waiting for TSG's release :srs:
the previous one has a save error that's fixed the next one,
bu the next one also adds bones the proper way

The beta version works just fine, it just takes a lot of trial and error to get the bones in the correct place. I used it to fix Nel's bone structure back when she was over Wario.

Quote from: Tcll on April 10, 2011, 08:38:04 PM
is bone tree editing done at least BJ?? :/

Not yet.

BlackJax, YOU GOT THE BTE TO SAVE FOR NEL??? HOW???

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

Quote from: SSJCerious on April 10, 2011, 08:46:27 PM
BlackJax, YOU GOT THE BTE TO SAVE FOR NEL??? HOW???

Not the version with the tree editor. The very first version he released (beta).