Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I've made my release :)

look on this board ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Okay.
I know this is going to sound troublesome buuut...
Could anyone make a pictoral tutorial on how to use these tools to do these things?

Remove the exsisting bone structure from the character that isn't made to be playable in brawl. (For example an assist trophy)
Rip the bone structure from a brawl character with a good bipedal setup.(for example, Mario or captain falcon)
Rig the model from the other character with the bones from the brawl character in 3DS max.

Note that I said Pictoral, because a video tutorial can be a hassle to follow, particularly if you have to go back to a normal step.

I am asking this because I want to try and make a certain character from a certain stage have a psa over captain falcon.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on April 14, 2011, 01:38:03 AM
Okay.
I know this is going to sound troublesome buuut...
Could anyone make a pictoral tutorial on how to use these tools to do these things?

Remove the exsisting bone structure from the character that isn't made to be playable in brawl. (For example an assist trophy)
Rip the bone structure from a brawl character with a good bipedal setup.(for example, Mario or captain falcon)
Rig the model from the other character with the bones from the brawl character in 3DS max.

Note that I said Pictoral, because a video tutorial can be a hassle to follow, particularly if you have to go back to a normal step.

I am asking this because I want to try and make a certain character from a certain stage have a psa over captain falcon.

I don't think that's possible quite yet...
I mean... using a trophie,
you'd have to delete the existing weights and make your own :/

that would require my official release (not the unofficial alpha release)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Well I'm thinking of using a character from a stage, rather than an assist trophy, and he's got a build similar to 3XD's bone structure.

I MIGHT use a character from a game, he's got very few bones for a tales of character (125) and ripping the skeleton and porting say, marios skeleton onto him would be easy. Of course I would need to figure out a way to animate his kandama ^+^

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on April 14, 2011, 01:52:03 AM
Well I'm thinking of using a character from a stage, rather than an assist trophy, and he's got a build similar to 3XD's bone structure.

I MIGHT use a character from a game, he's got very few bones for a tales of character (125) and ripping the skeleton and porting say, marios skeleton onto him would be easy. Of course I would need to figure out a way to animate his kandama ^+^

still... same rule applies...
you're changing the rig, thus you have to change the weights to fit the rig

I may not be an official gam developer...
(yes I'm calling myself a wanabe)
but I sure as heck know quite a bit about doing it.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

And anyway, if you were able to do something like this, you would probably lose the ability to truly make animations with the hair. Which is not a real problem for Genis, it would be a better problem for characters like Richter or Zelos as they have long hair. But still, how would be able to animate the kendama as Mario doesn't have any weapon? You can put Marth's body, but he wields a sword, not a kendama, and I saw the structure of the kendama, it is really different... So even if it was possible, you would probably have problems. Not counting the fact that for now, you still can't use Genis's model. (or maybe you found a way to fix it?)


Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Okay, what about this.
I take a model from a game.
Remove the current bone rigging from it.
Apply a NEW bone rigging via 3DS max
Fix the weights to fit the new rig.
Rename the new bones brawl-style.(Hip N, Trans N, etc)
Get it to work in brawlbox
get it to work in game

Are you guys forgetting that you can just add/move bones to/in a brawl skeleton and then rig it to your model...

You just have to animate those parts you added once it's converted.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on April 14, 2011, 03:32:24 AM
Okay, what about this.
I take a model from a game.
Remove the current bone rigging from it.
Apply a NEW bone rigging via 3DS max
Fix the weights to fit the new rig.
Rename the new bones brawl-style.(Hip N, Trans N, etc)
Get it to work in brawlbox
get it to work in game

Yes.

Okay, if that one is possible, then could someone make a tut for it? XD
Cause I REELY wanna do either Genis or Marta =3
Even if it's just a model import XD

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on April 14, 2011, 03:49:03 AM
Okay, if that one is possible, then could someone make a tut for it? XD
Cause I REELY wanna do either Genis or Marta =3
Even if it's just a model import XD

It's possible, but brute forcing it would take 10x longer than it would making a model importer.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Fixed the transforms. I swear this is not the original mdl0; it was completely rebuilt by Brawlbox.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Now please excuse me while I put how awesome I think this progress is in the spoiler below.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm gonna rig a non-mdl0 this weekend and test that.

derp
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

You called? XD
Sorry I cant help with this, I understand some C++ but mostly it just hurts my head so I just don't do it.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 15, 2011, 03:07:55 AM
Fixed the transforms. I swear this is not the original mdl0; it was completely rebuilt by Brawlbox.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Now please excuse me while I put how awesome I think this progress is in the spoiler below.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm gonna rig a non-mdl0 this weekend and test that.


:srs: I love you.

ALLOW ME TO SAY THIS

WTFBOOOOOOOOOM!

That is all XD

Dude, does this mean I will be able to take a mdlo from another character and rig it for a different character?

IE Take ZSS's model and rig it to work on say ike?