Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

So wait, once the last part of the models is cracked, we shall be able to port .dae models to super smash brothers brawl?

Sweet, now we can port all kinds of stuff xD
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on June 02, 2011, 01:16:40 PM
So wait, once the last part of the models is cracked, we shall be able to port .dae models to super smash brothers brawl?

Sweet, now we can port all kinds of stuff xD
I don't think DAE's support node structures :/
but then again my knowledge on the format isn't too good

I'm mainly deciphering these for Blender
(why I'm comparing them to blender so much

btw, blender supports 8 UV channels as well ;)

but yea...
with me, any format will be convertable into Brawl's format
(you'll have to select a few technical things when converting)

you'll also be able to select if you want transforms applied to the verts
(the raw vert data of models)
if you select "no", the models won't be deformed like they currently are

IDK what the benefits of applying the transforms really do yet...
so this is currently unconfirmed

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on June 02, 2011, 01:25:21 PM
I don't think DAE's support node structures :/
but then again my knowledge on the format isn't too good

I'm mainly deciphering these for Blender
(why I'm comparing them to blender so much

btw, blender supports 8 UV channels as well ;)

but yea...
with me, any format will be convertable into Brawl's format
(you'll have to select a few technical things when converting)

you'll also be able to select if you want transforms applied to the verts
(the raw vert data of models)
if you select "no", the models won't be deformed like they currently are

IDK what the benefits of applying the transforms really do yet...
so this is currently unconfirmed

Interesting.....well, either way, i really want the dae importer to be done. This way i can finally port some of the models i have. BTW this question is for anyone who knows, but i have a few .dae models that have bones. will this modset to brawlbox be able to recognize them?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


I think I've fgired out one of the structures :happy:

---Block 1---
61 FE FF FF F0 - BP Mask 0xFFFFF0
   61 F6 E3 78 C0 - KSel[0] (Sel Mode) = 0xE378C? [C0=C,A0=1C,C1=D,A1=1C]
   - (Enable tex/color/coord map 0 for stage 0, disable stage 1)
   61 28 03 F0 40 - TRef[0]   = 0x03F040 [TM0=0,TC0=0,En0=1,CC=0,TM1=7,TC2=7,En1=0,CC1=0]
   61 C0 28 F8 AF - ColEnv[0] = 0x28F8AF [D=F,C=A,B=8,A=F,Bias=0,Op=0,Clamp=1,Shift=2,Dest=0]
   61 C2 08 FE B0 - ColEnv[1] = 0x08FEB0
   61 C1 08 F2 F0 - AlpEnc[0] = 0x08F2F0 [RS=0,TS=0,D=7,C=5,B=4,A=7,Bias=0,Op=0,Clamp=1,Shift=0,Dest=0]
   61 C3 08 1F F0 - AlpEnc[1] = 0x081FF0
   61 10 00 00 00 - Cmd[0]    = 0x000000
   61 11 00 00 00 - Cmd[1]    = 0x000000
   00 00 00       - PADDING


looks like it would most likely compair to this node:

^Extended Material

IDK yet though...
there's a bunch of nodes to deal with >_>
and as you can see, there's still alot of work to be done on the structure itself :/

EDIT: yeh...
I may have to generate a dynamic node for these... ehheh

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I've got the model to Inuyasha.

can someone get him properly T-STANCED and get to have Ike's Boneset, and zelda's hair bones. oh and there are multiple textures for the face that show up. any way we can make that act as a multiple polygons so that way i can make his demon face/final smash face appear at will?

it's just blender is beyond confusing. i hate the GUI layout.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Nyanyanyanyan Cat Man on June 02, 2011, 09:09:00 PMit's just blender is beyond confusing. i hate the GUI layout.
umm... have I told you already that 'Super3Boy' makes some really good blender tutorials :/

look on YT if I havn't...
I think I have though >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I think people still don't understand this whole model importer thing.

The reason brawl skeletons are being used is solely for the purpose that animations created for that character are compatible. Removal of bones will mess it up. You can make a completely new skeleton as long as you make animations compatible for that bone structure.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: VILE on June 03, 2011, 11:53:42 AM
I think people still don't understand this whole model importer thing.

The reason brawl skeletons are being used is solely for the purpose that animations created for that character are compatible. Removal of bones will mess it up. You can make a completely new skeleton as long as you make animations compatible for that bone structure.
exactly

that's why I say:
use the current skeleton, and add the main Brawl bones to it...

I only know Pika's atm:
TopN
-TransN
--XRotN
---YRotN
----HipN
-----(character bones)
----ThrowN

you'll also need HaveN,
but that'll be placed somewhere in the character rig

now just edit the animations to support the new bones
(don't touch the original bones, unless you plan on re-animating Pika as well)

notes:
HipN is a bone that deforms Pika, so it will be constantly moving...
move your model's first bone in the opposite direction to re-center the model.

XRotN and YRotN also influence HipN, so be careful.

use TransN's current animation in co-existance with your own
do not give your char's first bone any X velocity
(animate with TransN's velocity)
_________________________________________________________________________________

awsome progress done:

take a guess :3
Hint: look on the left

EDIT:
yes, I have more to offer than just that...

normals work too:


EDIT:
normals don't quite work well in Quick 3D
but blender shows they work just fine :)
I'll work on a fix for Q3D though >_>
_________________________________________________________________________________

unrelated subject is unrelated DX
since I'm not free here I can't post a seperate subject >:O

I've been silently updating the wiki page to fit the current info...
I've updated alot, but there's still ALOT more to update D:

if Kryal doesn't say anything soon, or update with anything...
I'm oficially gonna call myself the smartest person with MDL0 files

so anyways... here's the page:
http://wiki.tockdom.de/index.php?title=MDL0_(File_Format)

I'm sure BJ could get alot of use out of it :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Don't know about that. Tcll looks rather clean.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: TommoPuppy on June 05, 2011, 02:07:13 PM
Tcll, you're a bloody legend.
Quote from: Tempo_ on June 05, 2011, 02:26:31 PM
Don't know about that. Tcll looks rather clean.
lol thanx :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on June 05, 2011, 01:04:18 PM
so anyways... here's the page:
http://wiki.tockdom.de/index.php?title=MDL0_(File_Format)

I'm sure BJ could get alot of use out of it :)

I've seen that page before, but it looks like you've updated a lot of stuff :D

ok i am just asking then do you think the .dae import is done ? i know it is hard work but it looks like anything work
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

hey BJ...
have you seen any other BP Mask values??

currently known:
FFFFF0
00000F

EDIT:
Quote from: MarioDK on June 06, 2011, 05:07:05 PM
ok i am just asking then do you think the .dae import is done ? i know it is hard work but it looks like anything work
no...
there's alot that still needs to be figured out and tested...
I would know XP



meanwhile, I currently have to re-format my plugins

here's the progress:
NtdoMDL0.py - reads and structures the MDL0, sending the offsets to NtdoCmn.py (43%)
NtdoCmn.py - reads and converts ( the structured file data from the given offsets, and sends it to GlobalTMP.py (5%)
GlobalTMP.py - formats and writes the input data to the tmp format (0.6%)

^that's what should be done

what's currently being done:
NtdoMDL0.py - reads and converts the MDL0 file data, and writes it to the TMP
NtdoCmn.py - common functions used for reading nintendo data

^dirty code is dirty

purpose of the revisions:
GlobalTMP.py can be used with any plugin with data converted to ASCII.
the plugin provides easy access functions that format the converted data lists to the TMP

NtdoMDL0.py will only structure the mdl0 data, the data block itself is sent to NtdoCmn.py

NtdoCmn.py is what deciphers the data of any nintendo model file...
it contains the functions needed for reading the specified data provided in the file.
this is what also sends the data to GlobalTMP.py


extra:
I'm currently also working on a melee plugin which will do almost the exact same thing as the MDL0 plugin...
(I've actually had to copy data from my MDL0 plugin for use with my DAT plugin)
^thus the reason/idea for NtdoCmn.py

also...
every plugin easily converts to my TMP format...
thus the need for GlobalTMP.py
just to provide functions to send converted data to :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

ok it just looked like the importer was almost done with the first post image
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later