Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 66 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 09:29:21 PM
Wow, I know what you mean. It took me about an hour to get it to import. The cause of the problem is that his model uses multiple textures per object, and as you stated earlier the mdl0 format only supports 1 per object. I had to reassign 3 different default gray 3ds max materials to each of the objects. Also the mesh wasn't really skinned to the brawl skeleton, and it was just sorta floating over it, so I replaced that with a single bone to make sure that didn't cause any problems. If I had access to the textures for this model I could see whether it affected them at all. My guess would be that his eyes might not have the right textures or something, but it could be that there aren't any problems at all.

Also once the model is actually rigged perfectly to the brawl skeleton I'll re-import it using that for ya.
the MDL0 format supports 8 UV channels
(multiple textures per object)

facepoint format:

vm,u0m,u1m,u2m,u3m,u4m,u5m,u6m,u7m,v,n,c0,c1,u0,u1,u2,u3,u4,u5,u6,u7

m: matrix
v: vert
n: normal
u: uv
c: color

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 10:30:52 PM
the MDL0 format supports 8 UV channels
(multiple textures per object)

So are you saying that you ARE able to import multi-subobject materials? I can try it again, but I'm pretty sure that's what's giving the exception.

Quote from: ds22 on July 11, 2011, 10:17:21 PM
Sweet!
But are you going to use the skeleton I included or are you going to try and get a new one (just asking to make sure)?

Yeah, I'm using the one you included.

Also BlackJax96 is right about that DAE. Google Sketchup's Collada format is officially confirmed to be incompatible. I imported it to 3ds Max, but unfortunately I can only guess where all these textures of yours go. It's pretty tedious, but I'll send you a picture to confirm whether I have them all in the right place.  :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 10:34:06 PM
So are you saying that you ARE able to import multi-subobject materials? I can try it again, but I'm pretty sure that's what's giving the exception.

Yeah, I'm using the one you included.
with brbx... no...

I'm trying to figure out a way to implement it into my converter though >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

404, here's one of two problems:

<effect id="ID342">
    <profile_COMMON>
         <technique sid="COMMON">
              <constant>
                   <transparent opaque="A_ONE">
                        <color>0 0 0 1</color>
                  </transparent>
                  <transparency>
                        <float>1</float>
                  </transparency>
             </constant>
        </technique>
   </profile_COMMON>
</effect>

MDL0s need textures for each object, assuming this links to an object.
(Lambert, phong or blinn)

The 2nd problem is that your model has no joint nodes, aka no bones.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 10:34:06 PM
So are you saying that you ARE able to import multi-subobject materials? I can try it again, but I&#039;m pretty sure that&#039;s what&#039;s giving the exception.

It's possible, but not currently supported in the parser. Multiple texture refs would have to be added to a material, and the parser only adds one at the moment.

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 10:39:00 PM
with brbx... no...

I&#039;m trying to figure out a way to implement it into my converter though &gt;_&gt;

You don't know how to?

can't wait to be vertexing in Brawlbox :P

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
This is how I hack
Old Avatars:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=4969&Moderated=All

Quote from: Tow Mater on July 11, 2011, 10:40:44 PM
can't wait to be vertexing in Brawlbox :P

But you can wait to import completely new models? :srs:

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 10:39:00 PM
with brbx... no...

I'm trying to figure out a way to implement it into my converter though >_>


Oh, I see what'cher sayin'. Just the importer might not support em. As I said before, I'll double check that.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 11, 2011, 10:40:21 PM
It's possible, but not currently supported in the parser. Multiple texture refs would have to be added to a material, and the parser only adds one at the moment.

Got'cha.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 11, 2011, 10:43:43 PM
But you can wait to import completely new models? :srs:

I know, is it just me or what? Seems more exciting to me.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 10:34:06 PM
So are you saying that you ARE able to import multi-subobject materials? I can try it again, but I'm pretty sure that's what's giving the exception.

Yeah, I'm using the one you included.

Also BlackJax96 is right about that DAE. Google Sketchup's Collada format is officially confirmed to be incompatible. I imported it to 3ds Max, but unfortunately I can only guess where all these textures of yours go. It's pretty tedious, but I'll send you a picture to confirm whether I have them all in the right place.  :laugh:
...
Just take the .skp:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/Model.skp

(Maybe I could import it into blender, then export as a DAE?)

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 11, 2011, 10:40:21 PM
404, here's one of two problems:


   
         
             
                   
                        0 0 0 1
                 
                 
                        1
                 
             
       
   


MDL0s need textures for each object, assuming this links to an object.
(Lambert, phong or blinn)

The 2nd problem is that your model has no joint nodes, aka no bones.

It's possible, but not currently supported in the parser. Multiple texture refs would have to be added to a material, and the parser only adds one at the moment.

You don't know how to?
(I'm not holding my backspace on the quote)

atm IDK how to...
the shaders are what allow multiple textures >_>

once anyone can figure out the shaders, this shouldn't be a problem :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 11, 2011, 10:45:57 PM
...
Just take the .skp:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/Model.skp

(Maybe I could import it into blender, then export as a DAE?)

Hmm, download a plugin or struggle with textures...

Your stage looks awesome by the way from what I've seen of it so far :)
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

btw at least you guys will be happy to hear I got my computer back up and running :D

although the family is taking turns on it due to it being the only comp in the house >_>

but yeh...
so I get to start progress on my converter again :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Too bad I still suck at modeling and don't have 3DSMAX 10.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on July 11, 2011, 11:06:46 PM
Too bad I still suck at modeling and don't have 3DSMAX 10.

If you can be a good vertex hacker you can be a good modeler. Also I do believe we're working on making the Blender collada compatible, but I'm not 100% sure.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 11:11:34 PM
If you can be a good vertex hacker you can be a good modeler. Also I do believe we're working on making the Blender collada compatible, but I'm not 100% sure.
we're??
unless you're a member of one of the teams working on a collada plugin for blender,
IDK WTF you're talking about o_O

blender 2.5x I do believe has the collada plugin fixed...

EDIT:
if anything,
I'm starting back up on my MDL0 plugin for blender...

if anyone's willing to root for the project,
I think I'm ready to take another hit at it :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 11:17:11 PM
we're??
unless you're a member of one of the teams working on a collada plugin for blender,
IDK WTF you're talking about o_O

blender 2.5x I do believe has the collada plugin fixed...

EDIT:
if anything,
I'm starting back up on my MDL0 plugin for blender...

if anyone's willing to root for the project,
I think I'm ready to take another hit at it :)

I could have sworn you've been talking about nothing but blender this entire time. My bad I guess?  :laugh:

By the way 404 if you could get that sketchup model to me in 3ds or obj format that'd be great. These plugins I'm using don't import textures like a .3ds does, basically making it pointless to use it in the first place.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.