Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

>_>

So I can't wait for this to be out.
And 100% working

I'm going to make a perfect port of ZSS over someone with a large psa size and(finally) make a epic psa for Black Boo's Din Vertex. That, and I'm putting probably some of my faveorite characters in brawl... IF I can get their models somehow...

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 11:20:42 PM
I could have sworn you've been talking about nothing but blender this entire time. My bad I guess?  :laugh:
I've been talking about Brbx's support with collada files and part to my conversion,
and stuff like that...
heh

the last time I talked about blender was when I mentioned about me getting blender 2.58

I got alot to learn about the new GUI and everything

plus building plugins should now be alot easier :D

I was waiting for the 2.6 release,
but all they're doing now is cleaning up the code :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 11:25:30 PM
I've been talking about Brbx's support with collada files and part to my conversion,
and stuff like that...
heh

the last time I talked about blender was when I mentioned about me getting blender 2.58

I got alot to learn about the new GUI and everything

plus building plugins should now be alot easier :D

I was waiting for the 2.6 release,
but all they're doing now is cleaning up the code :)

Well either way, I'm sure we can find a way for people without 3ds Max to get their models into the proper DAE format for free.

I've been looking at the free converter on Autodesks's website, but strangely enough, despite the tool actually being made by Autodesk, it doesn't export an Autodesk DAE... The DAE it exports is a monster all it's own. A very incompatible one at that BrawlBox-wise.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

that's because the programs you pay for are usually the crappiest *trollface*

all being true now,
they really are...
I'm releasing the best stuff I can think of for free.

selfish idiots are the ones who want money for a program you could simply remake...

screw them! >:O
(another reason I hate 3DS)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 11:36:33 PM
that's because the programs you pay for are usually the crappiest *trollface*

all being true now,
they really are...
I'm releasing the best stuff I can think of for free.

selfish idiots are the ones who want money for a program you could simply remake...

screw them! >:O
(another reason I hate 3DS)

Wait so you could simply remake 3ds Max?

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 11:36:33 PM
that's because the programs you pay for are usually the crappiest *trollface*

all being true now,
they really are...
I'm releasing the best stuff I can think of for free.

selfish idiots are the ones who want money for a program you could simply remake...

screw them! >:O
(another reason I hate 3DS)

That tool I was saying that DIDN'T work IS free. You ought to re-read my post.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 11, 2011, 11:43:59 PM
Wait so you could simply remake 3ds Max?

Well they are making sonic generations from Sonic Unleashed so....

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 11, 2011, 11:46:29 PM
Well they are making sonic generations from Sonic Unleashed so....

How does that have anything to do with Tcll simply remaking 3ds Max?

dont forget to take a look at the other brawlbox modset. it has allot of cool stuff and is perfect for animating. if it comes to animating I prefair the other modset.


http://sonicbattlex.topgoo.net/forum
Join if youre a sonic fan!

@BJ: if I was an expert coder at C++ I could...
but I'm only an amature+ at Py :(

@Justin: yea... exactly
it's free, FOR a paid program

the programmers (Autodesk) are selfish and want money, so if they make a free program, it's gonna suck...

it's the selfless people that make the best stuff and want to share it :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: K-Canon on July 11, 2011, 11:55:57 PM
dont forget to take a look at the other brawlbox modset. it has allot of cool stuff and is perfect for animating. if it comes to animating I prefair the other modset.

What's better in the other modset for animating? O_o I've added everything included in that modset and flipping tons more.

...man this thread cracks me up sometimes. I just burst out laughing for no sudden reason, re-reading a lot of the posts XD I don't even know why it's funny

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 11:57:58 PM
@Justin: yea... exactly
it's free, FOR a paid program

the programmers (Autodesk) are selfish and want money, so if they make a free program, it's gonna suck...

it's the selfless people that make the best stuff and want to share it :)

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that. They probably thought it wouldn't matter if they altered their DAE format a bit. It probably works fine for less strict engines, like Unity and XNA.

Just my opinion though :)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 12, 2011, 12:01:09 AM
...man this thread cracks me up sometimes. I just burst out laughing for no sudden reason, re-reading a lot of the posts XD I don't even know why it's funny

It's the STRESS! You're a mad man!  :laugh:

Also @ForOhFor I used a converter to make it an obj, and I found that all of the textures were in the right place. I tried importing it, but I got an exception, and I realized you actually have a couple of multi/subobject materials in there. I went back to 3ds max to see if I could take those out, but when I converted them to standard materials the uvs became all messed up. Upon exporting to a DAE this caused 3ds max to crash. If I could get a 3ds file from you I might be able to make this work :laugh: (Preferably with those multi-subobject materials turned into separate materials)
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.



Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 12, 2011, 12:12:06 AM
Tru dat. I always knew I was insane!

Who didn't? I remember when Tcll first posted that request for help for the mdl0 last year. I honestly never thought you two would keep at this project for this long. You MUST be crazy :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.