Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SmashClash on July 12, 2011, 02:35:51 AM
So resizing and Ike's skeleton and he will be playable over Ike like normal in-game?

Yep, and supposedly it won't look funny when he's doing all of Ike's animations, but I guess we'll see eh?

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 12, 2011, 03:04:17 AM
I may have a working .3DS for you...

I'll give that a try.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 12, 2011, 03:32:59 AM
Yep, and supposedly it won't look funny when he's doing all of Ike's animations, but I guess we'll see eh?

And thus, the animation porter was implemented into Brawlbox! ;D

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 12, 2011, 03:04:17 AMI may have a working .3DS for you... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/untitled.3ds
awsome stage :D

yes, that means the 3DS imported into blender >D

EDIT:
here's what I'm stuck trying to figure out:


that's literelly the only thing I need to know :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 12, 2011, 03:35:01 AM
And thus, the animation porter was implemented into Brawlbox! ;D

Oh yeah, I forgot. I should definitely give that a try :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

so that means we can use a Brawl Animation meant for a brawl skeleton

and port that to a import skeleton without rigging brawl rigging character

if so Project: Kid Goku (the import over Luigi soon over a other) is started again
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Well, I rigged Naruto using the Ike skeleton that ds22 gave me, but I'm having a strange problem.

I did the proportions fix where you copy the T-pose of the model onto the first frame of the animation and there are these random changes to the animation.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


1. The cape bones, although unused, are thrown off to the side.
2. His left arm is rotated higher up than it should be.
3. The sword bone is thrown into the ground.

Are these normal problems caused by the proportion fix or is it just this model?
Oddly enough his legs are animated perfectly.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

I think that someone posted something like that before. think you model is fine, just brawlbox doenst do well. when you will be able to save, try it in another brawlbox

@BlackJax96:

yes 4.2 is better for it. just download it and give it a try. btw and I dont use the animation porter. I use the "paste just translations" button on 4.2 it works fine for it.


http://sonicbattlex.topgoo.net/forum
Join if youre a sonic fan!

Quote from: Tcll on July 12, 2011, 03:45:49 AM
awsome stage :D

yes, that means the 3DS imported into blender >D

Thanks. Sketchup's tools let me make it really quickly.
And I'm glad it's finally working for someone...

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: Justin712 on July 12, 2011, 08:06:17 AM
Well, I rigged Naruto using the Ike skeleton that ds22 gave me, but I'm having a strange problem.

I did the proportions fix where you copy the T-pose of the model onto the first frame of the animation and there are these random changes to the animation.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


1. The cape bones, although unused, are thrown off to the side.
2. His left arm is rotated higher up than it should be.
3. The sword bone is thrown into the ground.

Are these normal problems caused by the proportion fix or is it just this model?
Oddly enough his legs are animated perfectly.
Nice, very nice.
But weird the animations are slightly off though.
Looks like that either one of the bones near his waist are messing things up, yet not messing with the neck/head bone.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 12, 2011, 08:06:17 AM
Well, I rigged Naruto using the Ike skeleton that ds22 gave me, but I'm having a strange problem.

I did the proportions fix where you copy the T-pose of the model onto the first frame of the animation and there are these random changes to the animation.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


1. The cape bones, although unused, are thrown off to the side.
2. His left arm is rotated higher up than it should be.
3. The sword bone is thrown into the ground.

Are these normal problems caused by the proportion fix or is it just this model?
Oddly enough his legs are animated perfectly.
looks good o.o... shame it has a glitch for the animations tho... =/

and lol naruto looks like a retard in that pic xD
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I've made some progress FINALLY as to my TMP format

#these are the main secs defined for every plugin when converting to TMP

def getSpecs():
   tmpr.seek(0,0)
   
   global vecs_global
   global vecs_transf
   vecs_global = 0
   vecs_transf = 0
   
   lines = tmpr.readlines()
   for line in lines:
       if line.split()[0] == '!':
           if line.split()[1] == 'vectors':
               for Type in (line.split()[2]).split('|'):
                   if Type == 'global': vecs_global = 1
                   if Type == 'transf': vecs_transf = 1
   

def setSpecs(specList):
   pass
   vecs = []
   for spec in specList:
       if spec.split('_')[0] == 'vecs': vecs.append(spec.split('_')[1])

   if len(vecs) > 0: tmpw.write( '! vectors' + '|'.join(vecs) + '\n')

right now,
these setting only define weather the vectors are referenced globaly or locally,
and weather they are transformed or not...

for a model with global vectors and transformations,
the TMP data would look like this:

! vectors global|transf


if you are running local vectors with transformations, the settings would be:

! vectors transf


and these don't
have to be in a specific order:

! vectors transf|global





_______________________________________________________________________________________

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 12, 2011, 12:22:12 PMThanks. Sketchup's tools let me make it really quickly. And I'm glad it's finally working for someone...
no...
I mean blender's 3ds importer works now :happy:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 12, 2011, 08:06:17 AMWell, I rigged Naruto using the Ike skeleton that ds22 gave me, but I'm having a strange problem. I did the proportions fix where you copy the T-pose of the model onto the first frame of the animation and there are these random changes to the animation.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
1. The cape bones, although unused, are thrown off to the side. 2. His left arm is rotated higher up than it should be. 3. The sword bone is thrown into the ground. Are these normal problems caused by the proportion fix or is it just this model? Oddly enough his legs are animated perfectly.
I'd gladly take the model how it is there now as long as it's not having many moves set as T-posed like imports usually are.

Fixing the bust rotation should fix a lot as far as I can tell from the picture (might be caused by the proportion fix IDK).

@Justin712
You did rig both BustN and WaistN, right?

Quote from: Justin712 on July 12, 2011, 08:06:17 AM
Well, I rigged Naruto using the Ike skeleton that ds22 gave me, but I'm having a strange problem.

I did the proportions fix where you copy the T-pose of the model onto the first frame of the animation and there are these random changes to the animation.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


1. The cape bones, although unused, are thrown off to the side.
2. His left arm is rotated higher up than it should be.
3. The sword bone is thrown into the ground.

Are these normal problems caused by the proportion fix or is it just this model?
Oddly enough his legs are animated perfectly.

For that specific animatiom, just change the translation. IE, move the arm a tad bit.

EDIT: Hey, i tried importing the .mtl file from 404's first link as a .dae after exporting from 3ds max 8.  For some reason all it did was give me an error message without importing it.....anyone else having this problem???
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: Justin712 on July 12, 2011, 08:06:17 AM
Well, I rigged Naruto using the Ike skeleton that ds22 gave me, but I'm having a strange problem.

I did the proportions fix where you copy the T-pose of the model onto the first frame of the animation and there are these random changes to the animation.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


1. The cape bones, although unused, are thrown off to the side.
2. His left arm is rotated higher up than it should be.
3. The sword bone is thrown into the ground.

Are these normal problems caused by the proportion fix or is it just this model?
Oddly enough his legs are animated perfectly.

Try the animation porter. It *might* fix the problem. It could also be that you edited a bone's rotation in 3ds Max. When I port ZSS's animations over to Nel, Nel's right thigh is rotated 180 degrees back and her right arm is literally reversed. I don't know why that would happen if you rigged Ike's bones straight to Naruto, though.

Quote from: K-Canon on July 12, 2011, 09:15:07 AM
yes 4.2 is better for it. just download it and give it a try. btw and I dont use the animation porter. I use the "paste just translations" button on 4.2 it works fine for it.

No, it's not. I know that for a fact, you're making more work for yourself XD You gotta believe me, this is coming from someone who knows Brawlbox like the back of their hand.

The lack of using the animation porter disturbs me. I really think I should make a video tutorial on it. Don't use the t-pose copy trick, use the animation porter! I think I'll get started on the tutorial right now.