Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on July 13, 2011, 10:24:38 PM
So Justin, any word on that tutorial? Just askin.

Yep, I'm workin' on it. Not sure when I'll have it ready yet.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 13, 2011, 11:17:57 PM
Yep, I'm workin' on it. Not sure when I'll have it ready yet.

Aight, cool. Take your time :)
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


hey BJ...
I've just done some figuring :D

the node table in the object header indexes a portion of the node table below the main header

I don't think the first value would index in the main node table as there are 16bit indecies,
and the first value only supports 8bit indecies...

so the last Idea I have is it indexes a definition directly...
the definition would take you to the node, which would take you to the bone...

note, this is only a hypothesis, but it's the best I got

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Justin712 sent me the fully functional Naruto rig, but with the latest modset, I get this error:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Does anyone know why I get this?

EDIT:
I have to admit that my laptop has been partially broken since begin June (I mostly fixed it, but I still get an error with BBox 0.63 when trying to save something that hasn't been changed, saying it is currently used by another process).


well BJ...
was wrong about the weight table under the 'Object' header...

it seems that table links directly to the definitions...

only thing is:
'00 00'-'00 16' are type 5 defs
'00 17'-'01 0B' are type 3 defs
end of table

I've looked through the definitions with my template (yes it works now),
and the ordering of the type 5's are wierd

it goes from '01 0B' (type 3) to: (type 5)
'01 11'-'01 19'
'01 1B'-'01 1C'
'01 1F'-'01 20'
'01 22'-'01 23'
end

here's the full type 5 structure:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
after that is type 3 ('00 17'-'01 0B')
and the corresponding weights/bone ID's

I still havn't found how the facepoints link up with these yet >_>
but I have found that the type 3 count is 244 ( < 255 ),
so there may be a possibility of a type 3 index w/in the facepoints >_>

however, the highest I've seen in the facepoints so far is '18' == 24,
and 244 == 'F4', out-ruling that possibility

so yea...
I still don't know yet

EDIT:
the highest value is '1B'

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I have a question that I hope isn't to intrusive.

Is there a way to scale existing Mdl0s without using keyframes and bones?

I have Simon Belmont's model from Castlevania Judgement that needs to be scaled to 11 times his size.

I don't want to use Fortwaffle's tool because the tool causes Simon's face to "mesh" incorrectly when it's scaled.

Like is there a way to scale Simon's model via vertices, normals, and such?

I think I may have an accurate theory as to how the first value works...
if I were to order the used bone matrices and then index them with the first value...
IDK for sure yet though >_>





___________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 16, 2011, 08:22:50 AMI have a question that I hope isn't to intrusive. Is there a way to scale existing Mdl0s without using keyframes and bones? I have Simon Belmont's model from Castlevania Judgement that needs to be scaled to 11 times his size. I don't want to use Fortwaffle's tool because the tool causes Simon's face to "mesh" incorrectly when it's scaled. Like is there a way to scale Simon's model via vertices, normals, and such?

if you scale the verts, you'd have to scale the rig, as well as (I think) re-apply the weights
scaling the rig may fix that though >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Just a question:
If I imported a model of someone who normally holds a sword but the model doesn't, how could I attach a sword?

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
This is how I hack
Old Avatars:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=4969&Moderated=All

Quote from: Tow Mater on July 16, 2011, 01:44:51 PM
Just a question:
If I imported a model of someone who normally holds a sword but the model doesn't, how could I attach a sword?
well if it has a sword model in the fighter .pac  or in the FitMotionEtc file, then u'd have to add a bone to the model to where it has the same bone name as his sword..

^ i could be wrong... but its just a theory of mine ^^"
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Thanks for the input.

For the sake of understanding, here's a comparison.

On the left is the model scaled to 11x by Fortwaffles resizer thing.

On the right is the model scaled to 11x by using an animation.



Trying to make sure it's permanently scaled like that outside of animation so it's big enough for Brawl.

Yes I know that the eyes look weird. So do most eyes in BB except for Snake's.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 16, 2011, 08:04:43 PM
Thanks for the input.

For the sake of understanding, here's a comparison.

On the left is the model scaled to 11x by Fortwaffles resizer thing.

On the right is the model scaled to 11x by using an animation.



Trying to make sure it's permanently scaled like that outside of animation so it's big enough for Brawl.

Yes I know that the eyes look weird. So do most eyes in BB except for Snake's.

Just scale the t=stance then. That way, by default the animations AND the model are the right size.
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


So that method will keep the model scaled even when the animation prohibits me from doing so?

Like if He gets thrown or caught by flame choke?

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 16, 2011, 08:04:43 PM
Thanks for the input.

For the sake of understanding, here's a comparison.

On the left is the model scaled to 11x by Fortwaffles resizer thing.

On the right is the model scaled to 11x by using an animation.



Trying to make sure it's permanently scaled like that outside of animation so it's big enough for Brawl.

Yes I know that the eyes look weird. So do most eyes in BB except for Snake's.
hmm wow... i see wat u mean... when i try to do that with TvC models, they become like stick figures... its... weird... o-e
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

lol
you named the animation derp >_>

ehhhhh.....

how long before I can perfectly port a character over to a different character? :af: