Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tcll on July 26, 2011, 03:50:43 AM
I've just figured something out as well...
but IDK exactly how it works... and it's extremely complicated DX

the relocation offsets have a left index and a right index...
but I need help understanding how they work...

tbh... you could've told me that the last  times I asked :P
it's all in I think 'common.cs'

Yeah it's in common.cs, but I dunno how the function that builds the indices works yet. I'll look into it later.

btw, I figured out the error! The textures overwrote the definitions D:
I remove the write process for textures and everything works now, just no textures are written. I need to edit the part that calclulates the size of the textures area and we should have a working model rebuilder! :D

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 26, 2011, 04:44:13 AM
I need to edit the part that calclulates the size of the textures area and we should have a working model rebuilder! :D

Wait, so...
that's...
it's like...
...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK2FyIDsfgM&feature=player_embedded

I can sense the shadow of the loli-vampire getting even closer...
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 26, 2011, 04:44:13 AM
btw, I figured out the error! The textures overwrote the definitions D:
I remove the write process for textures and everything works now, just no textures are written. I need to edit the part that calclulates the size of the textures area and we should have a working model rebuilder! :D
BlackJax.
I am proud.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Hey BlackJax, my math was never wrong...

I did a quick programming test and it all checks out.

v._x = (nv._x - (p[4] * v._y) - (p[8] * v._z) - p[12]) / p[0];
v._y = (nv._y - (p[1] * v._x) - (p[9] * v._z) - p[13]) / p[5];
v._z = (nv._z - (p[2] * v._x) - (p[6] * v._y) - p[14]) / p[10];


And if you want to call less values, use:

v._x = (nv._x - (p[4] * v._y) - (p[8] * v._z) - p[12]) / p[0];
v._y = (nv._x - (p[0] * v._x) - (p[8] * v._z) - p[12]) / p[4];
v._z = (nv._x - (p[0] * v._x) - (p[4] * v._y) - p[12]) / p[8];


You can't say that this doesn't work, I made a little console app that checks the values and they all match up. If it doesn't work, a value is being changed somewhere.

PS: When you're in the chat next, you are gonna have to try to guess my favourite line from a new song...
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?


How can we be so close, yet so far >_<
Dammit, I want Alpha 152 in brawl already! (needs to get dae of her first.... which means I need to find a DOA 4 iso.....)

And after you've finished the rebuilder, are you gonna add some code for vertex editing?

And I'm glad you've fixed that bug!

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: VILE on July 26, 2011, 05:30:53 AM
Hey BlackJax, my math was never wrong...

I did a quick programming test and it all checks out.

v._x = (nv._x - (p[4] * v._y) - (p[8] * v._z) - p[12]) / p[0];
v._y = (nv._y - (p[1] * v._x) - (p[9] * v._z) - p[13]) / p[5];
v._z = (nv._z - (p[2] * v._x) - (p[6] * v._y) - p[14]) / p[10];


And if you want to call less values, use:

v._x = (nv._x - (p[4] * v._y) - (p[8] * v._z) - p[12]) / p[0];
v._y = (nv._x - (p[0] * v._x) - (p[8] * v._z) - p[12]) / p[4];
v._z = (nv._x - (p[0] * v._x) - (p[4] * v._y) - p[12]) / p[8];


You can't say that this doesn't work, I made a little console app that checks the values and they all match up. If it doesn't work, a value is being changed somewhere.

PS: When you're in the chat next, you are gonna have to try to guess my favourite line from a new song...

It worked! :D Thanks man, I credited you in the code. :happy: I'll gladly guess more lines from your songs :P
Using this, I can start working on the vertex editor and make a weighted vertices importer (meaning no more patching)!

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 26, 2011, 02:39:17 PM
And after you've finished the rebuilder, are you gonna add some code for vertex editing?

And I'm glad you've fixed that bug!

Yep, but now there's a new bug, and this one will probably be harder to fix. D:
I'm pretty sure the weights aren't being written correctly to NodeMix.
This is a picture of Nel's rebuilt MDL0 doing an animation:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The T-Pose looks fine though.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 26, 2011, 12:10:42 PM
How can we be so close, yet so far >_<
Dammit, I want Alpha 152 in brawl already! (needs to get dae of her first.... which means I need to find a DOA 4 iso.....)

I have the iso. I can pm you her raw TPR file and some tutorials on how to extract the model to 3ds Max if you want.
It's just a really tedious process and ripping Hitomi as my own project is taking a while by itself.

Quote from: Tempo_ on July 26, 2011, 05:15:51 AM
Wait, so...
that&#039;s...
it&#039;s like...
...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I can sense the shadow of the loli-vampire getting even closer...

Lol how many variations of that video have I seen

you fixed one bug and a new one come and you say it is even harder to fix
thats most be really Annoying
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Gotenks(a.k.a Mariodk) on July 26, 2011, 05:44:50 PM
you fixed one bug and a new one come and you say it is even harder to fix
thats most be really Annoying

Yeah it sucks, but I just gotta keep on truckin'. I'm not ever gonna give up

Yes please ^+^ and make the tutorial as detailed as possible, I prefer step-by-step even in a video tutorial. If you could get me Tina's model (preferibly in her cat suit outfit if she even has that outfit in DOA4) as well that'd be great. :D

I plan to add small bones to each of the breasts(Parrented to the "bust" bone of course) so I can make them bounce just like in the game XD or as close as brawl will get to the "boob physics" anyway lol They won't bounce quite as much in my animations, but I still want to have that option ya know?

Is it possible to rip the textures from DOA Dimentions yet?(not models, just textures) Cause I prefer those textures over the simi-watery look in the X-box games. At least Alpha 152 will be easy to make recolors for right? XD

I need to set all the bones and weights and everything from scratch right?

A future idea for a feature in Brawlbox: Animation Fixer: Basically it reads any animation format from any particular game. (As long as the game uses MDLO for the characters) And creates a new CHRO from scratch, using the uh skeleton tracking thing from the kinect plugin.

Also, how soon are we to being able to move the vertexes? :af2:

Not for the super advanced [censored] like  ShadowKong or Zant of course, just simple changes that are even more tedious to do in 3DS Max...

Also...I use 3DS Max 8....would it still work? I'd hate for you to go to all the trouble of getting the files for me for nothing. :oshi:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 26, 2011, 05:50:21 PM
Yeah it sucks, but I just gotta keep on truckin'. I'm not ever gonna give up

Looks like I've found a song for blackjacks to sing to the new brawlbox...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Don't hate on me for this >_> BJ set himself up for this one XD


Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 26, 2011, 06:03:29 PM
Yes please ^+^ and make the tutorial as detailed as possible, I prefer step-by-step even in a video tutorial. If you could get me Tina's model (preferibly in her cat suit outfit if she even has that outfit in DOA4) as well that'd be great. :D

I plan to add small bones to each of the breasts(Parrented to the "bust" bone of course) so I can make them bounce just like in the game XD or as close as brawl will get to the "boob physics" anyway lol They won't bounce quite as much in my animations, but I still want to have that option ya know?

Is it possible to rip the textures from DOA Dimentions yet?(not models, just textures) Cause I prefer those textures over the simi-watery look in the X-box games. At least Alpha 152 will be easy to make recolors for right? XD

I need to set all the bones and weights and everything from scratch right?

A future idea for a feature in Brawlbox: Animation Fixer: Basically it reads any animation format from any particular game. (As long as the game uses MDLO for the characters) And creates a new CHRO from scratch, using the uh skeleton tracking thing from the kinect plugin.

Also, how soon are we to being able to move the vertexes? :af2:

Not for the super advanced [censored] like  ShadowKong or Zant of course, just simple changes that are even more tedious to do in 3DS Max...

Also...I use 3DS Max 8....would it still work? I'd hate for you to go to all the trouble of getting the files for me for nothing. :oshi:

Looks like I've found a song for blackjacks to sing to the new brawlbox...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Don't hate on me for this >_> BJ set himself up for this one XD

Your answers, in order of occurrence:
Well there's like 5 tutorials by Mariokart64n that I've been following, and each one is like an hour long. So I'm sure that that should be detailed enough XD I dunno about ripping from DOA Dimensions. Yeah, you have to rig everything. Probably won't implement something like that. You'll be able to move vertices as soon as I implement the funcions :P 3ds Max 8 works. Yes, I was waiting for that to pop up, it's a pretty good song imo.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 26, 2011, 06:03:29 PM
Looks like I've found a song for blackjacks to sing to the new brawlbox...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Don't hate on me for this >_> BJ set himself up for this one XD



and now he's been rick rolled how many times in his life now? xD
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 26, 2011, 06:15:26 PM
Your answers, in order of occurrence:
Well there's like 5 tutorials by Mariokart64n that I've been following, and each one is like an hour long. So I'm sure that that should be detailed enough XD I dunno about ripping from DOA Dimensions. Yeah, you have to rig everything. Probably won't implement something like that. You'll be able to move vertices as soon as I implement the funcions :P 3ds Max 8 works. Yes, I was waiting for that to pop up, it's a pretty good song imo.


Okay, in that case you can pm me the files for Hellena and Alpha-152 ^+^ and include some links to those video tutorials XD I changed my mind about Tina after realizing that I'm actually better at using Hellena...
But timewise I kick ass with Zack XD

Is it the method from the "mewtwo" video? because that one is OLD XD

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 26, 2011, 08:44:51 PM
Okay, in that case you can pm me the files for Hellena and Alpha-152 ^+^ and include some links to those video tutorials XD I changed my mind about Tina after realizing that I'm actually better at using Hellena...
But timewise I kick ass with Zack XD

Is it the method from the "mewtwo" video? because that one is OLD XD

lolno it has nothing to do with the Mewtwo videos. These videos are up to date and actually show you how to fix DOA4 models in particular. I'll send you Helena and Alpha 152 sometime later today, are you sure those are the only two characters you want? Cuz I'd rather just send you all the characters you want at once.