Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arrgh, this will be epic, how about the patchless method coming from u?

also, is there some way to vertex hack with blender???(maybe with ur future new brawlbox)

also, maybe u could make it an installable program, i guess that would help specially for the animation lags... idk if this is possible though.. ^^


nice job BJ :)

I too have made progress
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

^relocation group offsets >:3

It only came to me...
my brain did all the work and I just knew it... XD

IDK a good method of doing that just yet though...
but I'll figure it out... >_>
eventually ._.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 27, 2011, 09:15:49 PM
nice job BJ :)

I too have made progress
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

^relocation group offsets >:3

It only came to me...
my brain did all the work and I just knew it... XD

IDK a good method of doing that just yet though...
but I'll figure it out... >_>
eventually ._.

Whoa. That's confusing :srs: Nice job figuring that out :O

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 27, 2011, 09:21:12 PMWhoa. That's confusing :srs: Nice job figuring that out :O
lol thanx :D

I hope you get the idea,
because an explanation is an impossibility XD

I just need to figure out how the ID's work with that...

and yea, that magenta part,
that's actually more of a model ID.

example:
a copy of the relocation table would have '00 01' listed

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Ok so I've been testing the rebuilder, and another problem popped up after rebuilding the same mdl0 multiple times with edits to the bone tree.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Back to the drawing board. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 27, 2011, 10:01:54 PM
Ok so I've been testing the rebuilder, and another problem popped up after rebuilding the same mdl0 multiple times with edits to the bone tree.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Back to the drawing board. :srs:
Poor Nel...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 27, 2011, 10:01:54 PM
Ok so I've been testing the rebuilder, and another problem popped up after rebuilding the same mdl0 multiple times with edits to the bone tree.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Back to the drawing board. :srs:

By multiple edits, do you mean saving it after one change and then making another change? If so, how does it work if you only make changes one time after saving, then open the character up like a plain old character file?

Is the dae->MDL0 about 90% done?
Because that's what you're making it sound like.

Take your time, though. No piece of software is without bugs, but try to get rid of the huge ones before release. I can wait for awhile.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 27, 2011, 10:06:25 PM
By multiple edits, do you mean saving it after one change and then making another change? If so, how does it work if you only make changes one time after saving, then open the character up like a plain old character file?

It works fine if you only make one edit. But you should be able to edit the MDL0 as if it weren't already rebuilt.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 27, 2011, 10:09:07 PM
Is the dae->MDL0 about 90% done?
Because that's what you're making it sound like.

Yeah, give or take a few percents.

How about ingame? Does everything work there?

BTW, it sounds like you've got a really small bug, that stacks into a large one after too long.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 27, 2011, 10:18:15 PM
How about ingame? Does everything work there?

BTW, it sounds like you've got a really small bug, that stacks into a large one after too long.

Haven't tried in-game yet. It appears that the bug has to do with the way the assets are written (vertices, uvs, normals, colors).

They appear to be rounded to a position, and that messes it up.

Floating point errors, maybe? That can happen...

FC: 2191-7379-6272

I fixed the error by moving the raw data for the assets over like I do with materials, shaders and objects. The only problem with this is when I implement the vertex editor, I need to be able to write the new raw position of the vertex. I'm looking into how I can do that without re-writing every single vertex (it's probably easy).

I'm back to testing Brawlbox again for any more errors. If none pop up, I'll test the model in-game and then if that works, I'll release Modset 2.

well, after this, then you're going to make the models actually work or something like that?

and what about bones that accept gravity, like hair, capes ETC.?

how do those work exactly?
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating