Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Ultraxwing on July 28, 2011, 12:48:32 AM
well, after this, then you're going to make the models actually work or something like that?

and what about bones that accept gravity, like hair, capes ETC.?

how do those work exactly?

Yeah after I release Modset 2, I'm gonna focus on building objects from scratch so that imported models have a mesh.

From what I've read, people think bones being affected by gravity have to do with .rel scripts.

Hmmm...

that's odd. but it would make sense. seeing how my imported ike model doesn't have any cape gravity stuff.

we need a  program that disects rels to the core.

so yeah i can't wait to import Inuyasha =D
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

^I thought Phantom Wings was working on that for a while.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Snake do you know who this is? :srs:



Actualy BJ, I'm ALMOST ready to rig Alpha 152, but I can't find her damn left foot! >_< I've found the low-detail one they use to attatch the sorta sparkle/aura graphic to, but not the high detail one that actually looks like a foot.

So yeah, as soon as I find the frickin foot I'll be able to make it to the next...step...*shot* (bad pun is bad >_>) and at that point maybe make a topic for the project.

BTW: Alpha's texture data DOES contain recolors O_o; I think maybe they were considering having her unlockable in DOA4 and then decided not to. They did make her unlockable in the 3DS game though.....

Copy the right foot. Mirror flip it, then attach...

if you can't find your footing....
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Ultraxwing on July 28, 2011, 01:34:36 AM
Copy the right foot. Mirror flip it, then attach...

if you can't find your footing....


I did that for a part that connected her hand to the forarm, but I guess I'll try that.



it's how i make my models.

i'll make a whole model, cut it in half, then UVmap it, then copy it, mirror it, then attach it.

this is all with Wings3d i want to use Blender, but it's so CONFUSING... and my computer can't handle blender at all... well after Norten and Mcafee and Avast were installed... i need my own computer to do half of this schtuff.. so for a while i'll be asking people to fix some of these models.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

PW did put alot of work into his program...
but he didn't decompile the scripts yet...
(I believe they're compiled using C++)

and gravity is controlled mostly by the logic...
(I bult a small game that was eaten by my HDD long ago) =3=
*sigh* I'd release it if I still had it to show you guys...

it was just a cube on a large platform...
but it was for testing my skills with >_>

I was working on a maze game as well XD
that one was eaten too T_T *sits in corner and crys*

I didn't know much about game development back then,
but it was still pretty cool :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

sry bout a D-post...
PS3 won't allow me to enter enough text...

anyways...
here's something else I've been figuring out:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

^click for larger view

pretty self explamitory...
but it's basically the Shaders

texture 1 is basically a skin texture,
where texture 2 is a reflective texture

yes, reflections are controlled w/in the shader more than the material...
you can do a dual reflection with nodes though which is kinda cool IMO :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Hey BJ....can you make a tutorial on applying materials/textures to  a doa4 model? >_> Mariokart's vid goes WAY too quickly with that part and I can't tell what he's doing even when I go to full screen.

IDK if it's writen or in a video tutorial, as long as it's step by step... (a writen tutorial might be better in that case)

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 28, 2011, 03:29:29 AM
Hey BJ....can you make a tutorial on applying materials/textures to  a doa4 model? >_> Mariokart's vid goes WAY too quickly with that part and I can't tell what he's doing even when I go to full screen.

IDK if it's writen or in a video tutorial, as long as it's step by step... (a writen tutorial might be better in that case)

Select an object, and you know the button that you click that shows the vertices (on the left side)? Click the button on the far right side instead. Now you can select elements of an object. Select something and then drag the dds texture you think goes on it right into 3ds Max. Then it will automatically apply the texture (as long as you put that dds plugin in the program directory).

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 27, 2011, 07:54:35 PM
Ok so I've been trying to figure out why the weights aren't being written correctly, and so far I've had no luck at all. I've compared a rebuilt MDL0 to the original MDL0 and the node table is the exact same, so it's not that. The objects are being moved straight over to the rebuilt MDL0 for now, so it's not that. I've been looking at how Kryal extracts the influences and weights from NodeMix and comparing it to how he writes them, and I can't find anything that doesn't match up. I can't find anything wrong with the code...

Good news is though, I found some code that Kryal started on to write primitives/facepoints to an object, but never implemented. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the code he started (if it isn't finished already). It looks a lot cleaner and easier to understand than the code he's using to read.

Edit: I directly exported NodeMix from both MDL0s using Brawlbox. Comparing them in a hex editor, they are somewhat different. They're the same length though, so I'll try replacing the NodeMix in the rebuilt MDL0 with the regular MDL0's NodeMix and see if that fixes the problem.

Edit2: It fixed the problem. :>.>: Now I know exactly what I need to work on fixing.
I fixed the weight problem. The MDL0 rebuilder is done.
:vyse:

That was fast. I expected this to be basically done around Christmas.
Hope testing goes well so I can make my imports have their own bone structure.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 28, 2011, 04:25:54 AM
That was fast. I expected this to be basically done around Christmas.
Hope testing goes well so I can make my imports have their own bone structure.

I guess I should've stated this a little bit more, uh, "loudly," but you can't import DAE models yet. This only builds the MDL0 structure (header, nodes, defs, relocation offsets, bones and textures), it doesn't build the parts inside of it yet. I still need to figure out how to thoroughly build objects from scratch before imports will be possible, objects' data is simply "copied" over to the rebuilt mdl0 for now.

I haven't gotten a rebuilt model to even work in-game yet, I'm still trying to figure out why. It didn't freeze at the start, but it lagged terribly and no character models showed up on the stage. Then it froze later. D:

Thats amazing progress nonetheless. o.O

I would have expected catastrophic failiure and the loudest crash ever.

But surprisingly, It actually somewhat works. :D

July 28, 2011, 07:48:08 AM #2324 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:49:31 AM by Bender Bending Rodríguez
so this mean vertex just with brawlbox :D?
and also remove Bones without freeze in game so you can get lower filesize if you needing like lucas vertexed to a Gotenks ghost?
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later