Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 28, 2011, 04:48:14 AM
I guess I should've stated this a little bit more, uh, "loudly," but you can't import DAE models yet. This only builds the MDL0 structure (header, nodes, defs, relocation offsets, bones and textures), it doesn't build the parts inside of it yet. I still need to figure out how to thoroughly build objects from scratch before imports will be possible, objects' data is simply "copied" over to the rebuilt mdl0 for now.

I haven't gotten a rebuilt model to even work in-game yet, I'm still trying to figure out why. It didn't freeze at the start, but it lagged terribly and no character models showed up on the stage. Then it froze later. D:

i meant models like Assist Trophy models. I.E Lyn, Gray Fox, etc. Sorry for the confusion.

BlackJax, come to one of the chats and I can help you with the object building.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

hey vile

can you PM me about building objects :/
like say... if I did obj to mdl0 conversion (with weights
(my converter has a method for bones and weights on obj files)

anyways...
so I have all the essentials for a character...
now I need help on splitting up the data...

that's what I'm asking you to PM me about :)
just tell me everything needed about how to build objects plz ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 28, 2011, 08:05:07 AM
i meant models like Assist Trophy models. I.E Lyn, Gray Fox, etc. Sorry for the confusion.

Alright, that's what I figured you meant. :) I just wanted to make sure.
I also wanted to post that somewhere so that people won't misunderstand and think that they can import daes and go post hype threads everywhere about dae importing in particular lol.

so is it possible to make assist trophies use character bones? or did i misread?

Quote from: the joker on July 28, 2011, 05:15:29 PM
so is it possible to make assist trophies use character bones? or did i misread?

You misread, for now.

Progress report?

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
This is how I hack
Old Avatars:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=4969&Moderated=All

Quote from: Stitch on July 28, 2011, 08:47:24 PM
Progress report?
Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 28, 2011, 04:48:14 AM
I haven't gotten a rebuilt model to even work in-game yet, I'm still trying to figure out why. It didn't freeze at the start, but it lagged terribly and no character models showed up on the stage. Then it froze later. D:

I think it has to do with the textures written to the MDL0 having some zerobytes at the end of the area. There's also some zerobytes at the end of the file I need to get rid of.

I think she's ready to be all rigged now :af2:



And yes I did make a little bit of an enhancement :srs: so what, alpha's supposed to be "better" than Kisumi anyway XD Eh and it ain't too much of an improvement >_> unlike the F cup peach....

Now I just need to wait for BJ to finish BB3 8)

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 28, 2011, 11:46:10 PM
I think she's ready to be all rigged now :af2:



And yes I did make a little bit of an enhancement :srs: so what, alpha's supposed to be "better" than Kisumi anyway XD Eh and it ain't too much of an improvement >_> unlike the F cup peach....

Now I just need to wait for BJ to finish BB3 8)
i have a feelings ur gonna put her on ZSS o.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on July 29, 2011, 12:28:53 AM
i have a feelings ur gonna put her on ZSS o.o

**** no! Why would I put her on ZSS, who has a puny filesize limit?
I'm putting her over either marth, Ike, or link, mainly because of three things.
1: BJ has said that you will be able to import over ANY character( I know this because I'm the one who asked the question in the first place XD) if the skeleton is completely new.
2: The three have some of the largest psa limits in the entire roster, baring pit, who seems to have the highest.
3: They all have sword glows, which I'll be recoloring and using in the psa. (So she looks/plays more like she does in DOA:Dimentions )

EDIT: Actually, I'll do her over Ike, then I'll texture his second sword graphic to look like the glass wall she has in one of her throws :af2:

Vyse edit: removed censor bypass.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 29, 2011, 12:33:34 AM
**** no! Why would I put her on ZSS, who has a puny filesize limit?
I'm putting her over either marth, Ike, or link, mainly because of three things.
1: BJ has said that you will be able to import over ANY character( I know this because I'm the one who asked the question in the first place XD) if the skeleton is completely new.
2: The three have some of the largest psa limits in the entire roster, baring pit, who seems to have the highest.
3: They all have sword glows, which I'll be recoloring and using in the psa. (So she looks/plays more like she does in DOA:Dimentions )

EDIT: Actually, I'll do her over Ike, then I'll texture his second sword graphic to look like the glass wall she has in one of her throws :af2:
ah i see... i didnt kno she had a sword O.o

more like... i've never played a DoA game b4... o.e

Vyse edit: removed quoted censor bypass
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on July 29, 2011, 12:39:35 AM
ah i see... i didnt kno she had a sword O.o

more like... i've never played a DoA game b4... o.e

Lol no, she doesn't have a sword XD
I'm going to vertex the sword polygon to look like the Wall that she takes out and smacks her opponents into in one of her throws. (I think it's her back or forward throw, cause her down throw is kisumis only faster/stronger ) and probably make the hilt polygon invisible through texturing.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 29, 2011, 12:42:17 AM
Lol no, she doesn't have a sword XD
I'm going to vertex the sword polygon to look like the Wall that she takes out and smacks her opponents into in one of her throws. (I think it's her back or forward throw, cause her down throw is kisumis only faster/stronger ) and probably make the hilt polygon invisible through texturing.
oooh ok xDD  i get it now
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady