Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

my god... why am i the only 1 thats having luck with the tutorial...? -_-
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on September 09, 2011, 05:31:15 PM
my god... why am i the only 1 thats having luck with the tutorial...? -_-


Probably cause you're doing stage models and not actual characters....

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 09, 2011, 05:32:15 PM

Probably cause you're doing stage models and not actual characters....
well true.... even tho im still trying to fix this 1 FFDD stage... even tho it exports and imports just fine now, just doesnt show the textures, even tho u can clearly see the model... so bleh..
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Can anyone please explain why my 3DS Max 2010 crashes when I try to import even a fresh FitLink00 .dae from ais?

It says it doesn't have the dll files or something :l
And it DOES crash, like total kaput kinda crashing except for the warning message.
Also....still can't find the merge option....but I did find Import...

lol to show wat i meant with this next stage im trying to do... it might need a few more extra fix's tho... :oshi:

https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

So, is there any way to tell how high poly of a model will be adequate for use in Smash? Obviously we can't have 4 players use a model from say a PS3 game all at the same time. It'd lag to hell and back, probably even crash.

Quote from: L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s on September 09, 2011, 07:12:46 PMSo, is there any way to tell how high poly of a model will be adequate for use in Smash? Obviously we can't have 4 players use a model from say a PS3 game all at the same time. It'd lag to hell and back, probably even crash.
I'd have to check...
but I think the poly count for the wii was a max of about ~4000 for a character
~7000 for a stage

and if anything, it would just lag...
if you took a stage with about 7000 poly's with alot of animations,
and play'd 4 player each with a char having ~8000 polys,
the wii's framerate would be approx 45-50 FPS

test that for me plz :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I would gladly test it, but my wii is broken. I use an emulator, however I do manage full speed on Brawl, so yeep. Thank you for the input Tcll c: Going to get working on importing Rikku.

Quote from: L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s on September 09, 2011, 07:40:13 PMI would gladly test it, but my wii is broken. I use an emulator, however I do manage full speed on Brawl, so yeep. Thank you for the input Tcll c: Going to get working on importing Rikku.
lol thanx :3

and I know you ment to type in 'Riku'
but I get excited every time someone says that name XDD

here's why:
http://hulk-smash.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=projects&action=display&thread=2&page=1

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on September 09, 2011, 07:23:14 PM
I'd have to check...
but I think the poly count for the wii was a max of about ~4000 for a character
~7000 for a stage

and if anything, it would just lag...
if you took a stage with about 7000 poly's with alot of animations,
and play'd 4 player each with a char having ~8000 polys,
the wii's framerate would be approx 45-50 FPS

test that for me plz :3

i is here, i could test if you want ;)
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

Quote from: Dot on September 09, 2011, 08:29:19 PMi is here, i could test if you want ;)
go ahead :)
as long as you know what 45 FPS looks like ;)

the wii's normal framerate is 60 FPS as usu :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

September 09, 2011, 08:43:55 PM #3776 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:53:21 PM by Dot
Quote from: Tcll on September 09, 2011, 08:41:00 PM
go ahead :)
as long as you know what 45 FPS looks like ;)

the wii's normal framerate is 60 FPS as usu :P


60 fps is normal speed, got it
45 frames is how it runs in my emulator :srs:

dont worry, i know how it works ;)


..........................

what was i supposed to test? :srs:
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

September 09, 2011, 08:59:00 PM #3777 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:09:15 PM by L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s
Quote from: Tcll on September 09, 2011, 08:05:57 PM
lol thanx :3

and I know you ment to type in 'Riku'
but I get excited every time someone says that name XDD

here's why:
http://hulk-smash.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=projects&action=display&thread=2&page=1

No, I mean't Rikku. This chica, http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2939/24085/rikku-cid.jpg . I have a moveset planned out and everything, she's going to play similarly to snake :p

EDIT: Couldn't you simply swap the shader with some other characters? Or would it not be applied properly due to the naming of the polygons/bones/etc?

to those who want my sandbag


download link
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22295

why I put it here? well, thanks for the newest brawlbox, I could do it :]
Stupid Tinypic :C

September 09, 2011, 11:11:11 PM #3779 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:26:54 PM by SonicBrawler
Click for reaction

EDIT: I made a video. Here it is.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.