Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 71 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 18, 2011, 05:54:42 PM
...So the game froze when I picked ZSS. I looked at the filesize of the pac. It was over 6,000mb. :srs:
The model alone is larger than ZSS's original pac file. :srs:

Sooooooo I think I need to group primitives as tristrips and do anything else possible to reduce the filesize.
w00t, that's alot O_o

get on msn! I have a though I wanna share with you!
Stupid Tinypic :C

September 18, 2011, 07:41:01 PM #4036 Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:42:17 PM by RandomTBush
Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 18, 2011, 05:54:42 PM
...So the game froze when I picked ZSS. I looked at the filesize of the pac. It was over 6,000mb. :srs:
The model alone is larger than ZSS's original pac file. :srs:

Sooooooo I think I need to group primitives as tristrips and do anything else possible to reduce the filesize.
You should probably test it out with a smaller model first. If all else fails, try it out on Dolphin. If it doesn't work there, then more work needs to be done (as Dolphin is more lenient with models, it seems).

But yeah, tristrips would work a heck of a lot better than triangles would, and would probably cut down the file size by at least 1/3.

Quote from: RandomTBush on September 18, 2011, 07:41:01 PM
You should probably test it out with a smaller model first. If all else fails, try it out on Dolphin. If it doesn't work there, then more work needs to be done (as Dolphin is more lenient with models, it seems).

But yeah, tristrips would work a heck of a lot better than triangles would, and would probably cut down the file size by at least 1/3.

Already on it. :) Btw, did you see the rigging stuff I posted?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 18, 2011, 07:44:55 PMAlready on it. :) Btw, did you see the rigging stuff I posted?
Yeah, I did. Haven't gotten any time to try anything with that info, though.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 18, 2011, 05:54:42 PM...So the game froze when I picked ZSS. I looked at the filesize of the pac. It was over 6,000mb. :srs: The model alone is larger than ZSS's original pac file. :srs: Sooooooo I think I need to group primitives as tristrips and do anything else possible to reduce the filesize.
Have you tried porting the model over another character? Did you try to reduce the size of the model via 3DS Max to suppress weight? I have some models, and, to be honest, they arent that big or voluminous. Oh well, can the new BB be released at least for the MDL0 exporting?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

No, because we have no word if it works or not - the file size was instantly way too large to see.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on September 18, 2011, 08:35:33 PMNo, because we have no word if it works or not - the file size was instantly way too large to see.
I understand. I was wondering about my own textures ; Will they be be too large or not? But they aren't very big in size and has almost no weight in volume. Too heavy as MDL0s or not? Only time will tell.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Hey would this work for a DAT file?
I know I've suggested this in the past, but with these major breakthroughs...


September 19, 2011, 12:11:09 AM #4043 Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:15:49 AM by TokoyamiTheDark
Quote from: Colter on September 18, 2011, 09:00:11 PMHey would this work for a DAT file? I know I've suggested this in the past, but with these major breakthroughs...
No, BrawlBox only accept DAEs and MDL0s. See if there is a converter on Google. That's all I can help.

I've followed Justin's tutorial about rigging bones, but the thing is, the model doesn't wanna move along with the skeleton, so I'm seeking how to fuse the model with the bones. Does anyone know how I can do this?

BJ, how's the BrawlBox's project going? Did you fixed the Wii crash problem? Did you tried the model over someone else or exported another model?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

it really depends on where the DAT file came from, as Melee uses nothing but DAT files for it's game data files.
(not movies or souds)
and not all the DAT files follow the same guidlines >_>


hey BJ...
I need to know more about how the links and pipelines are created, and how they work...
(Definitions in brbx terms)
could you give me some of that info plz :/

NOTE: I'm only on my wii

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Yeah apparently remapping vertices/normals/uvs/colors dropped the file size down from 6,000mb to 1,000mb. The only problem now is that I need to remap the facepoints' indexes also. Hopefully I can still write primitives as triangles though, cuz grouping them into tristrips will take a while :O

Quote from: Tcll on September 19, 2011, 12:29:10 AM
hey BJ...
I need to know more about how the links and pipelines are created, and how they work...
(Definitions in brbx terms)
could you give me some of that info plz :/

NOTE: I'm only on my wii

I'll write it out a little bit later

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 19, 2011, 12:47:22 AM
Yeah apparently remapping vertices/normals/uvs/colors dropped the file size down from 6,000mb to 1,000mb. The only problem now is that I need to remap the facepoints' indexes also. Hopefully I can still write primitives as triangles though, cuz grouping them into tristrips will take a while :O

I'll write it out a little bit later
thanx,
and can we talk about my program development on my thread instead of here :-\
(we were talking about classes earlier)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 19, 2011, 12:11:09 AM
No, BrawlBox only accept DAEs and MDL0s. See if there is a converter on Google. That's all I can help.

I've followed Justin's tutorial about rigging bones, but the thing is, the model doesn't wanna move along with the skeleton, so I'm seeking how to fuse the model with the bones. Does anyone know how I can do this?

BJ, how's the BrawlBox's project going? Did you fixed the Wii crash problem? Did you tried the model over someone else or exported another model?

Follow the tutorial closer. It works if you do it right.
1. Good
2. No
3. No

*keeps waiting patiently for new updates*

hope to see it completed in 2 weeks! =D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Glad to hear things are still running smothly, and just to be sure my questions aren't exactly ignored due to not being understandable and in one huge block of text. I'll list the questions I have now. They are all related to the importer....so yeah....

1: I viewed the mdl0 files from the character models in Clash of Ninja Revolution 3, and they were [censored]ing tiny! Like the size of a pikmen! So I saved their fixed models (From AIS converter) as a 3DS Max scene in 2008, then I opened them up in 2010 as a max scene to rescale them. So what I'm asking is, if it was saved as a DAE AFTER all the edits I wanted to make were done, would it work with the importer?

2: If I say, used ZSS's brawl bones for Tsunade, could I still import her over link? (Using the DAE Importer)

3: If the above is true, what kind of editing would I need to do tabuu wise? Since ZSS's bone indexes are very different from link.

Also, can you plz tell me what page Justins bone rigging tutorial is on, or maybe add it to the OP? I'd apriciate it ^+^