Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Indeed. But I'll need someone VERY GOOD at BrawlBox to try to make my homebrew DAE compatible, as I get this stupid error message when I try to upload my DAE over another model...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

September 22, 2011, 10:15:40 AM #4171 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:16:43 AM by ForOhFor Error
Quote from: pikazz on September 22, 2011, 07:03:14 AM
sorry for offtopic:
if mario had one more cousin like wario, he would be be blue :3
and if that blue cousin had a bro he would be orange :3

main: Red, Yellow, Blue
bro: Green, Purple, Orange

:]

Ontopic:

THE ONE AND ONLY!

need to test it on wii however but i cant for the moment ;_;
If mario had another brother, he would have white clothes, while the corresponding cousin had black clothes. This is due to the colors of the Italian flag (red green white) and the cousins are all complementary colors.

Anyway, I hope the model works in game.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 22, 2011, 09:51:19 AM
Pikazz, would you know by chance how to turn any DAE compatible with BrawlBox, just to be viewed? I took a model from The Models Resource ( a great source for models, though they never beat us on SSBB models :P ) used 3DS Max to add bones all while following Justin's tutorial, then exported it as a DAE (I tested if the movements worked, and it did!) But I get an error message every time I try uploading it in BrawlBox. Is it something unusual?


Did you use the settings in the OP?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

September 22, 2011, 10:24:29 AM #4172 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:29:19 AM by TokoyamiTheDark
Quote from: ForOhFor Error on September 22, 2011, 10:15:40 AMDid you use the settings in the OP?

Yup, but even with models I can't normally see in the Model Viewer, such as my Dissidia models, they can still be uploaded in BrawlBox and edited. However, with that one I can't upload it at all.

Some notes on exporting (I'll explain all of this when I make a tutorial):
- Use the most compatible DAE exporting plugin! DONE
- The model must be triangulated. (I don't know how... sometimes they appear round, other times as triangualted... it's never the same)
- Each texture/material has to be assigned to its own object in 3DS Max. DONE
- Export Y-Up (or else your model will be face down on the floor in Brawlbox) DONE
- Check Animation - Deformations - Skin. DONE
- Delete all morphs. If you want to use face morphs for an import, make it into a seperate face object. DONE
- Don't use Physique to rig your model to a brawl skeleton, use the Skin modifier. DONE
- You might have to re-assign some polygons to a different material in Brawlbox (I added support for this)
NOT DONE, not needed

Tutorial : PARTIALLY DONE DUE TO MY FOOT BEING BROKEN AND LAPTOP HAS NO INTERNET  :oshi:

Would you mind if I send you my DAE if you think there's a way to fix it?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: pikazz on September 22, 2011, 07:03:14 AM
sorry for offtopic:
if mario had one more cousin like wario, he would be be blue :3
and if that blue cousin had a bro he would be orange :3

main: Red, Yellow, Blue
bro: Green, Purple, Orange

:]

Ontopic:

THE ONE AND ONLY!

need to test it on wii however but i cant for the moment ;_;
Nice, very nice.
And it fits him so well to.

BTW, if this method works ingame, could I request Jiggz with Peach' crown (without being forced over the green costume)?

September 22, 2011, 11:39:12 AM #4174 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:43:56 AM by pikazz
Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 22, 2011, 09:51:19 AM
Pikazz, would you know by chance how to turn any DAE compatible with BrawlBox, just to be viewed? I took a model from The Models Resource ( a great source for models, though they never beat us on SSBB models :P ) used 3DS Max to add bones all while following Justin's tutorial, then exported it as a DAE (I tested if the movements worked, and it did!) But I get an error message every time I try uploading it in BrawlBox. Is it something unusual?
nope, I dont know how D:
check the OP for the answer :3
Quote from: Ultraxwing on September 22, 2011, 09:53:51 AM
OMG!!!

We can literally combine models now??? well now now. but that... that is awesome.

so we can make better Kirby Hats, maybe make other hats on Jigglypuff appear besides the one magical slot.
We can make characters have extra tid bits? like swords/extra things on the model.??

this is just an amazing feature even if it's just brawlbox =3
did it manually with some help with brawlbox :vyse:

but yeah, this is awesome!
Quote from: ds22 on September 22, 2011, 11:25:09 AM
Nice, very nice.
And it fits him so well to.

BTW, if this method works ingame, could I request Jiggz with Peach' crown (without being forced over the green costume)?
I am sure this will work ingame, about 95% :3 I just hope I dont get ingame lag ;_;

have 3-4 things to do related to this before I do the peach crown, however didn't RTB did melee Peach crown over one other jiggly? O.o

however, seems we can only add polygons with only one bone (mean like caps and stuff like that)
but I am unsure how well it will comes when I add a polygon thatare influence by bones like pikachus body or dededes body, will see if I can add one polygons with "weighted" bones
Stupid Tinypic :C

RTB did, but it only worked on Dolphin and crashed whenever you would pick up a metal box.

Quote from: pikazz on September 22, 2011, 07:03:14 AMsorry for offtopic: if mario had one more cousin like wario, he would be be blue :3 and if that blue cousin had a bro he would be orange :3 main: Red, Yellow, Blue bro: Green, Purple, Orange :] Ontopic: THE ONE AND ONLY! need to test it on wii however but i cant for the moment ;_;
now time to do it on Sonic (oneslot sonic with mario hat :D)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Now that I think about it, the DAE importer would make normal vertexing methods obsolete by a canadian mile :D

you could change all the vertexes/polygons of the character all at once and re-import them over their original self and rig them to their original bones etc etc! No more [censored]ing annoying patching and vertex importing/exporting =3

Quote from: Mariodk on September 22, 2011, 02:36:08 PMnow time to do it on Sonic (oneslot sonic with mario hat :D)
Which would make a perfect me in Brawl :P
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


September 22, 2011, 06:04:03 PM #4179 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:30:04 PM by pikazz
Quote from: Mariodk on September 22, 2011, 02:36:08 PM
now time to do it on Sonic (oneslot sonic with mario hat :D)
I WILL do it but dont know when :/
need do to some more tests about it

EDIT: bad news, my friend tested it. ingame lag! D;
dont know what's can be the bad thing :/
maybe bad definitions IDs

will try to do everything over again from scratch :/
does anyone know how to install delfino on windows 7 32 bit computer :/
Stupid Tinypic :C


Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 22, 2011, 02:45:54 PMNow that I think about it, the DAE importer would make normal vertexing methods obsolete by a canadian mile :D

In Canada, the unit to measure distance are kilometers, not miles. For example, 5 miles is equal to 8 kilometers.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 22, 2011, 08:14:16 PM
In Canada, the unit to measure distance are kilometers, not miles. For example, 5 miles is equal to 8 kilometers.
:srs:
How does that relate to the thread?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on September 22, 2011, 08:14:54 PM:srs: How does that relate to the thread?

Well, Naru was talking about 'Canadian Miles' that the DAE importer would make obsolete, but there's no miles in Canada. Instead, Canadians have kilometers. That was just to fix a small mistake.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 22, 2011, 08:18:12 PM
Well, Naru was talking about 'Canadian Miles' that the DAE importer would make obsolete, but there's no miles in Canada. Instead, Canadians have kilometers. That was just to fix a small mistake.

*facepalm*

Dude....even I don't derail a topic that easilly lol

I meant that things in canada are big, hense Canadian Mile =_=; lol