Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

So we're stuck on the same problems my original "Jigglypuff with Bill's Hat" and "Jigglypuff with Peach's Crown" hacks have, then. There's got to be an unknown variable which is making it not work properly.

Meh, for all I care, anyone involved in this whole programming thing is a "freakin genius"

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 24, 2011, 05:44:59 PMThe thing is, if the model is already v9, then the node ids will build in the exact same order and it won't affect anything. The objects don't use the bone indexes, so I dunno what's wrong. This problem is really odd though. I'm trying to think of what isn't used by Brawlbox that has to do with bones... If we were playing hide and seek, this problem would be winning. :srs:
You're right, as model swapping gets us the same problem. Yesterday I spent, like, 45 minutes extracting bones from Ganondorf and putting them on Lucario, just to test if there was going to have any problems. The skeleton was too big, the arms didn't fit nor the head, so I made the model bigger. But after Saving, it became a messed up "V" shaped polygon or something like that. Wasted 45 minutes, yeah...:srs:
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

September 24, 2011, 07:14:31 PM #4233 Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:19:16 PM by pikazz
Quote from: RandomTBush on September 24, 2011, 06:39:32 PM
So we're stuck on the same problems my original "Jigglypuff with Bill's Hat" and "Jigglypuff with Peach's Crown" hacks have, then. There's got to be an unknown variable which is making it not work properly.
it must be, I bet there is some sort of "link to offset" cause if we add 2 bones in the middle it gets ingame lag but adding them on the end works fine.
and added things from mario cap "at the end" too, only they was disappeared.

but it can be offset from anything to anything and that brawlbox doesn't read because we can see it in preview but gets lag ingame.

dont believe it's offset to any bones, string offset or header. it must be either Vertex, Nodes, Materials, Colors object and textures!
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 24, 2011, 07:08:09 PM
You're right, as model swapping gets us the same problem. Yesterday I spent, like, 45 minutes extracting bones from Ganondorf and putting them on Lucario, just to test if there was going to have any problems. The skeleton was too big, the arms didn't fit nor the head, so I made the model bigger. But after Saving, it became a messed up "V" shaped polygon or something like that. Wasted 45 minutes, yeah...:srs:

Of course you wasted 45 minutes, that's not even possible right now. :srs:
That also has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Quote from: RandomTBush on September 24, 2011, 06:39:32 PM
So we're stuck on the same problems my original "Jigglypuff with Bill's Hat" and "Jigglypuff with Peach's Crown" hacks have, then. There's got to be an unknown variable which is making it not work properly.

It can't be in the definitions, texture lists, header or node tree, because Brawlbox generates those from dead scratch, even on existing MDL0s. If you edit the bone tree of a model, save it, open that model, edit the bone tree back to the way it was and then save again, the first and last models will match exactly in a hex editor.

That means the problem has to do with one of the groups.

Quote from: pikazz on September 24, 2011, 07:14:31 PM
it must be, I bet there is some sort of "link to offset" cause if we add 2 bones in the middle it gets ingame lag but adding them on the end works fine.
and added things "at the end" too, only they was disappeared.

but it can be offset from anything to anything and that brawlbox doesn't read because we can see it in preview but gets lag ingame

Yeah it's probably some kind of ID or offset that's incorrect.

September 24, 2011, 07:26:18 PM #4235 Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:30:18 PM by pikazz
the idea hammer hit me!
it can be something related to header/relocation group cause the bones location is just after the "links"
(checking this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=28748.0 )
and adding bones are only between links and vertects but leaving the rest "unediting"

I think we should look there first.
But I might be wrong, it can be in the others too cause they get pushed too.

I mean, it can be either to the header or something like MDL0 Offset, cause downward isn't changed
so I believe it can be it
Stupid Tinypic :C

Does it's possible to add polygon on a part (example the tunic of Dr.Mario) and it's animated with wind effect?

Quote from: KTH on September 25, 2011, 12:04:46 AM
Does it's possible to add polygon on a part (example the tunic of Dr.Mario) and it's animated with wind effect?

We haven't found the source for wind effects yet I don't believe.
Even if we did, I'm not sure if we could apply it to another polygon.

Gravity. It has to have a bone to have gravity affect it. Also nearly everything besides the capes and some hair are not Physic'ed, lik ethe dresses....
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I believe gravity has a special flag on the bones.
however, we cant add bones yet that are attached to polygons (like hands, feets ect)

where is that unknown thingy! D:<
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on September 25, 2011, 12:14:21 AMI believe gravity has a special flag on the bones. however, we cant add bones yet that are attached to polygons (like hands, feets ect) where is that unknown thingy! D:<
really?
one time, I add "LhaveN" bone to Mario's left Hand.

September 25, 2011, 12:19:20 AM #4241 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:21:47 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: pikazz on September 25, 2011, 12:14:21 AM
I believe gravity has a special flag on the bones.
however, we cant add bones yet that are attached to polygons (like hands, feets ect)

where is that unknown thingy! D:<

Randomly adding bones that are automatically rigged to geometry won't ever happen. The closest you'll be able to get to doing that is by using a single-bind influence. Otherwise, you gotta use 3ds Max to edit the weights.

I should look at the bone flags for ZSS's and Peach's hair sometime.
And all those characters with dem capes lol

And this unknown problem is really flipping annoying. :srs:

Quote from: diedhammer98 on September 25, 2011, 12:17:07 AM
really?
one time, I add &quot;LhaveN&quot; bone to Mario&#039;s left Hand.

Yes really, nothing was rigged to that bone you added

September 25, 2011, 12:24:54 AM #4242 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:26:06 AM by diedhammer98
Ok,
This bones I found on Peach's hair and on Dress.
Flags:    FixedScale, Unk1, Unk2, HasGeometry
what this flags means?

Quote from: diedhammer98 on September 25, 2011, 12:24:54 AM
Ok,
This bones I found on Peach's hair and on Dress.
Flags:    FixedScale, Unk1, Unk2, HasGeometry
what this flags means?

O_O
I THINK I GET IT NOW!!!

holy [censored] :srs:

If it has "Fixed Rotation" then that means you have to animate the rotation yourself.
If it DOESN'T have "Fixed Rotation", then the game must animate it for you!

That's just a highly educated guess though :vyse:

Quote from: Dot on September 25, 2011, 12:35:35 AM
is that why characters mess up the animation when porting sonic animations?

No :srs: