Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 28, 2011, 12:28:48 AM #4365 Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:30:28 AM by Tcll
Quote from: pikazz on September 28, 2011, 12:21:33 AM
I just hate that tiny little thing that cause everything!

I getting angry over it DX
D:
son... I am dissappoint.

not about you bamfing jiggs...
about you changing your ava to it D:

at least come up with a new Pika ava
(it fits your name)

EDIT:
I don't use MSN.
I use Chatango, but I is on wii T-T

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: pikazz on September 28, 2011, 12:21:33 AM
I just hate that tiny little thing that cause everything!

I getting angry over it DX

BJ96, RTB, Tcll and everyone who knows mld0 pretty good, we should discuss about this problem over msn or something like that :[

Tcll dun do msn. D:

Quote from: SqLeon on September 28, 2011, 12:27:59 AM
Does the that BB cause all edited models to lag, or just imported dae's?

Everything

Quote from: Tcll on September 28, 2011, 12:28:48 AM
D:
son... I am dissappoint.

not about you bamfing jiggs...
about you changing your ava to it D:

at least come up with a new Pika ava
(it fits your name)

dun hate

uMad bro?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 28, 2011, 12:30:19 AM
Everything

What if you take an original unedited model and edit the name of one bone by one letter/number, and then open up the original and the edited one in a comparison program, the only thing that should be changed is one byte, if something else is changed wouldn't that be the source of the problem?

Quote from: SqLeon on September 28, 2011, 12:35:38 AM
What if you take an original unedited model and edit the name of one bone by one letter/number, and then open up the original and the edited one in a comparison program, the only thing that should be changed is one byte, if something else is changed wouldn't that be the source of the problem?
more things happens, it gains 12 more 00 and the mdl0 offset is updated and string offset
still works ingame.

it's gets mess up it we add 2 bones or more
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: SqLeon on September 28, 2011, 12:35:38 AM
What if you take an original unedited model and edit the name of one bone by one letter/number, and then open up the original and the edited one in a comparison program, the only thing that should be changed is one byte, if something else is changed wouldn't that be the source of the problem?
well... yes and no

the source of the error is under the hood and inside the engine.

I've pinpointed it earlier as being either the primitive groups, or the bone links

it's prbly more likely the primitive groups if the primitives are disappearing and causing lag...

but it could also be the links...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: pikazz on September 28, 2011, 12:40:03 AM
more things happens, it gains 12 more 00 and the mdl0 offset is updated and string offset
still works ingame.

it's gets mess up it we add 2 bones or more

I removed those extra bytes btw.

Quote from: SqLeon on September 28, 2011, 12:35:38 AM
What if you take an original unedited model and edit the name of one bone by one letter/number, and then open up the original and the edited one in a comparison program, the only thing that should be changed is one byte, if something else is changed wouldn't that be the source of the problem?

That would only edit the string table, and that follows the MDL0. It wouldn't affect anything.

If you change the size of any of the groups inside (which is the whole point of the model rebuilder), then the model will lag in game. I've even tried making major bone edits, and then editing it back to the original setup. The first and final MDL0s matched exactly. :/

O.o wait a minute...

are you talking about the relocation groups??

cause if so, that could be your problem.

when comparing the MDL0 format to the DAT format,
I figured they both used a method to create a memory list.

for the DAT format, it's a large group of offsets located near the bottom of the file
for the MDL0 format, I assumed the id, unk, prevID, and nextID had something to do with it...

but I'm not entirely sure as I'm getting no help in figuring it out >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

You can use Msn/Yahoo/Aim and prob a few other popular chat apps on the wii using http://www.ebuddy.com .
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Tcll on September 28, 2011, 01:02:30 AM

but I'm not entirely sure as I'm getting no help in figuring it out >_>

You're not getting much help because there are only a few people knowledgeable enough to help, and even then, I'm pretty sure they're stumped too.

September 28, 2011, 01:16:05 AM #4374 Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:40:21 AM by Tcll
and my post got ruined again...
what a surprize... :notimp:


anyways...
I have GTalk.

MSN sux
I refuse to use Microsoft products other than WinXP and IE8
(might UG to IE9 as I'm barely approving of it)

EDIT:
well I'm off to bed...
I'm fine talking this over on the forum...

but add me under GTalk or create an ebuddy account...
I'm actually thinking about doing that when I wake up tomorrow ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

September 28, 2011, 07:28:20 AM #4375 Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:30:27 AM by RandomTBush
Quote from: AdfroMan on September 27, 2011, 11:55:34 PM
How come saving in the new brawlbox makes all polygons show all the time in game?
It's because the DrawOpa/DrawXlu properties aren't set up properly. They're what determines which polygons are set to which bone. For example, the "EyeYellowM" could be bone ID 2, and every polygon group attributed to that bone will have the same "BoneIndex", as BrawlBox calls it. If they're all set to 0, then they'll be visible all the time. (Which means that bone edits are not necessary to have a polygon group visible at all times -- all that needs to be done is hex edit the values to be 0 in the DrawOpa/DrawXlu).

hey RTB
do you know anything about my problem??

hint: relocation offsets

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on September 28, 2011, 10:00:47 AM
hey RTB
do you know anything about my problem??

hint: relocation offsets
but if they are 100% correct but still get ingame lag?
cause you can see the whole model in the preview but still get ingame lag D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on September 28, 2011, 11:47:13 AM
but if they are 100% correct but still get ingame lag?
cause you can see the whole model in the preview but still get ingame lag D:
wut??

in the quote you referenced,
my problem is the (ID, unk, prevID, and nextID)

how does that fall into the model display >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on September 28, 2011, 10:00:47 AMhey RTB
do you know anything about my problem??

hint: relocation offsets
I'm gonna look into it later.