Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm now at a compy (:<

so I'm currently DL-ing the SDK 3.2 (thanx again BJ) ;)
it's an rar file, so I can extract it with wiiXplorer ^_^

other than that, I've gotten a linux file system ready for wii extracted on my USB :D
(apparently that's what I was missing) eh heh
it comes with py 2.7 and 3.1 >:3

I'm gonna try setting up windows XP using linux,
and boot it with either DOSBox or Boot-it
hopefully it works >_>





____________________________________________

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on September 30, 2011, 12:26:19 PM
WOAH WHAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Did I hear the importer's OOVEEEERRRRRRRRR 9000X1% close top being done?!

WIN BJ, WIN!
expect an error XX.
expect an error.

Kryal never knew how the MDL0's memory structure worked,
and I know BJ don't either or he'd've told me by now.
(as I have no way of figuring it out myself)
^unless they have an online HTML version of the latest SDK >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I hope that mdl0 memory scrukture will get busted!
Stupid Tinypic :C

well..., from the way it looks...
it was supposed to take 18 mins, but it's taking 1hr and 9mins to DL the SDK D:

I may have to use my wii to DL...
hopefully linux has a browser >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

not sound like a noob now but what does SDK?

I can try to help with it if are something about the mdl0 format :3
Stupid Tinypic :C

September 30, 2011, 05:31:30 PM #4414 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:49:56 PM by Tcll
Quote from: pikazz on September 30, 2011, 05:21:36 PMnot sound like a noob now but what does SDK? I can try to help with it if are something about the mdl0 format :3
well...

it stands for System Development Kit
and it doesn't contain info on the MDL0 as you would think of it.

it's basically an application for building wii games
(yes, all that code is actually used)

so basically, it gives you a bunch of ordered puzzle pieces...
although it's missing a few because it can't rip a compiled library apart.
what me, BJ, and RTB are trying to do is basically design those missing puzzle pieces,
and put them together in another application.

you can use it similar to the way we use it by comparing data structures in the MDL0,
to specific functions in the SDK.
I just hope you can read C++ :laugh:


btw, if posting the SDK is illegal,
then why havn't I gotten in trouble for posting bits and pieces of it. >_>

EDIT:
if you want a copy, let me know ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 01, 2011, 04:18:00 AM #4415 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 03:56:35 PM by SqLeon
Pay no attention

^

thats pretty long O_o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

SqLeon: we now what that's is, but it looks you dont have any count in pipeline and texture O.o
Stupid Tinypic :C

But can the Wii SDK convert models to MDL0 for you? Because if it can, maybe you could make something, convert it, and then try and figure out what it did? D:

October 01, 2011, 01:12:28 PM #4419 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 03:03:12 PM by TokoyamiTheDark
Quote from: TommoPuppy on October 01, 2011, 11:59:51 AMBut can the Wii SDK convert models to MDL0 for you? Because if it can, maybe you could make something, convert it, and then try and figure out what it did? D:
I dunno, I'm wondering if turning a GC game into a Wii game would make MDL0s exportable...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: pikazz on October 01, 2011, 09:16:21 AM
SqLeon: we now what that's is, but it looks you dont have any count in pipeline and texture O.o

That model works in game, anyways disregard that.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on October 01, 2011, 11:59:51 AM
But can the Wii SDK convert models to MDL0 for you? Because if it can, maybe you could make something, convert it, and then try and figure out what it did? D:

The SDK has absolutely nothing directly on MDL0.
All it has is bits and pieces of code that match up with the MDL0 format and can be used in Brawlbox.

What do you guys think the problem is? Is there any clues or is it just a complete mystery?

Quote from: SqLeon on October 01, 2011, 06:03:13 PM
What do you guys think the problem is? Is there any clues or is it just a complete mystery?

We think it has to do with the rigging.

Sooooo may I get a little clip of what happenened here in September?

A new tutorial thing on how you did that thing you say?