Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tabuu Hatsune on October 15, 2011, 02:58:04 AM
It's because we'll be able to rig them to characters' bone trees.

Oh right. I totally forgot about that. If you were to add bones to preexisting characters (for hair, cloth, whatever the reason) the animations would be fine right? It just wouldnt be wifi compatable? Of course the new bones would be stiff until you actually animate them, but in theory it's possible correct?

Quote from: Ian Sullivan on October 15, 2011, 03:00:15 AMOh right. I totally forgot about that. If you were to add bones to preexisting characters (for hair, cloth, whatever the reason) the animations would be fine right? It just wouldnt be wifi compatable? Of course the new bones would be stiff until you actually animate them, but in theory it's possible correct?
Re: Re: Re: It will be Wi-fi compatible because no bones will be renamed. Also, stiff bones? It'll work as a vertex.

So adding bones doesn't matter, as long as bones aren't renamed?
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: Tempo_ on October 15, 2011, 03:13:58 AM
So adding bones doesn't matter, as long as bones aren't renamed?

Lolwut, you can rename them

If you add bones to a model, they have to be after the last bone in the bone tree. Unless you want to do major PSA edits. :P

Quote from: SmashClash on October 15, 2011, 03:02:16 AM
Re: Re: Re: It will be Wi-fi compatible because no bones will be renamed. Also, stiff bones? It'll work as a vertex.

I understand that, I'm asking if you add bones because the mesh you are using has something that would be better suited with an extra bone or something to animate it, for example Kit's tail. If bones were added to Zero Suit's bone tree to affect Kit's tail, the model wouldn't be wifi compatible, correct?

EDIT: nevermind. BJ answered me.

I meant the whole "Wi-Fi compatible thing" Smash mentioned.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: Tempo_ on October 15, 2011, 03:26:32 AM
I meant the whole "Wi-Fi compatible thing" Smash mentioned.

As long as you scale the model to fit the Brawl bone tree as best as possible, rig it, and then import it, you *shouldn't* have any problems on Wifi. Even if you add bones after the last bone in the tree, as long as you don't make any PSA edits.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 15, 2011, 03:28:45 AM
As long as you scale the model to fit the Brawl bone tree as best as possible, rig it, and then import it, you *shouldn't* have any problems on Wifi. Even if you add bones after the last bone in the tree, as long as you don't make any PSA edits.

Neat :)

This is pretty impressive stuff, I gotta say. Sounds like this app will pretty much do all the work for you when model importing.

I'd say you'd probably still have to put in a lot of work. Even if you import it, it might not work in Brawl. You still have to get everything working. It just opens up a lot of opportunities, right?


Quote from: Spex130 on October 15, 2011, 04:34:06 AM
I'd say you'd probably still have to put in a lot of work. Even if you import it, it might not work in Brawl. You still have to get everything working. It just opens up a lot of opportunities, right?

Nah the only hard part is getting your model to import into Brawlbox. Then it should be just like doing a regular model swap from there.


Quote from: Tabuu Hatsune on October 15, 2011, 04:38:30 AM
What's the issue with importing in in BrawlBox?

Ya gotta have the right version of DAE, right options checked, etc. That's why it'd be the "hardest" part of importing, since there's not much he can do to make the DAE exporters more unified.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

It seems to help that when you import a DAE in 3DS Max, that you set it so that all dummies get converted to bones. Never had any exporting errors after doing so.

Oh, crap... I really gotta get someone to make me that DAE... I doubt I can do all that stuff in Blender 2.5x.