Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 55 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 22, 2011, 10:29:31 PM
Well, I found out one thing about the models, and that is that the default shaders don't cooperate with Brawl very well. As a test, I tried the same thing I did before, with two of the same custom model. Didn't work together until I added Jigglypuff's shader to them both. So in other words, the importer is pretty much flawless now, except for the shaders which need to be added in manually. :af2:

Gonna try a polygon stress test just for fun now. >D
Holy [censored].
Screens pl0x
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: RandomTBush on October 22, 2011, 10:29:31 PM
Well, I found out one thing about the models, and that is that the default shaders don't cooperate with Brawl very well. As a test, I tried the same thing I did before, with two of the same custom model. Didn't work together until I added Jigglypuff's shader to them both. So in other words, the importer is pretty much flawless now, except for the shaders which need to be added in manually. :af2:

Gonna try a polygon stress test just for fun now. >D
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!!
inb4gtfopic

https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


Quote from: RandomTBush on October 22, 2011, 10:36:17 PM
I dunno, but just for a per-model test I'm gonna have a sphere with 158,400 polygons, which will most likely give the Wii a heart attack. If that doesn't work, I'll try a few Marvel vs. Capcom 3 models.

It would be nice to know the polygon limit so we don't stock our game with imports, just to have game lag to hell.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

October 22, 2011, 10:52:25 PM #5389 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:54:57 PM by RandomTBush
Quote from: Tempo_ on October 22, 2011, 10:44:12 PMIt would be nice to know the polygon limit so we don't stock our game with imports, just to have game lag to hell.
Well, I think that 158,400 polygons is way too much. Either that, or BrawlBox itself can't handle it, as I set it up a few minutes ago and it's not done parsing it yet. :V

Anyway, here's the test I did, with two Klink models that my brother made for Garry's Mod:

Transparencies aren't quite working yet (as you can tell by looking at the eyes and mouth), because the shaders need to be set up specifically for them, but they're at least shaded properly!

...but yeah, I basically have Final Destination set up as my model testing grounds for the moment, hence why there's no background.

try melee mewtwo now :P just kidding since you have some pokemons tormenting luigi there and they look perfect xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

That's awesome!

A little question, though.

Does it matter who's shader you import onto the model?


Quote from: Spex130 on October 22, 2011, 10:57:42 PM
That's awesome!

A little question, though.

Does it matter who's shader you import onto the model?
that... i want to kno now o.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


Quote from: Spex130 on October 22, 2011, 10:57:42 PMThat's awesome!

A little question, though.

Does it matter who's shader you import onto the model?
Not really. I just chose Jigglypuff's because it's a basic shader that only requires one texture (has proper lighting, no specular mapping, no normal mapping, etc.). As shown with BlackJax96's Nel import, they can easily use another character's shader without too much trouble. Haruhi's would give you character a cartoon shader, one from Leonardo (if I can set it up properly) should give your character phong and normal mapping, etc.. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's would even have them look the same way they do in that game -- I'll get a preview using that shader style later on.

Just woke up from a nap, love the bs "On Topic:" statements people are adding to their posts during arguments, silly. RTB, your brother's a pretty good modeler c:.

I'm picturing some crazy kind of "shader library" now XD .
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 22, 2011, 11:01:27 PMNot really. I just chose Jigglypuff's because it's a basic shader that only requires one texture (has proper lighting, no specular mapping, no normal mapping, etc.). As shown with BlackJax96's Nel import, they can easily use another character's shader without too much trouble. Haruhi's would give you character a cartoon shader, one from Leonardo (if I can set it up properly) should give your character phong and normal mapping, etc.. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's would even have them look the same way they do in that game -- I'll get a preview using that shader style later on.

RTB, how's the model I sent you? Did you managed to rig it like you did with the ZSS model? Is it going OK over Pit?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Too much awesome on one page, awesome progress so far guys. =o

Quote from: Friedslick6 on October 22, 2011, 11:06:23 PM
I'm picturing some crazy kind of "shader library" now XD .

Honestly, I think a shader library would be pretty cool.

A lot of different shaders would open up even more possibilities, right?