Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 22, 2011, 11:34:19 PM #5400 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:37:33 PM by RandomTBush
Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 22, 2011, 11:19:18 PMRTB, how's the model I sent you? Did you managed to rig it like you did with the ZSS model? Is it going OK over Pit?
Can't say that I have yet, but I'm certain that once it's rigged properly, it would work in-game without any issues.

Quote from: Spex130 on October 22, 2011, 11:31:52 PMHonestly, I think a shader library would be pretty cool.

A lot of different shaders would open up even more possibilities, right?
I've been thinking about doing something like that, comparing the shaders from a bunch of different models from other games.

And one thing I noticed from my stress test -- the Wii had well over 190,000 polygons on the screen and YES, it did lag. But only a bit. (Looked like it was going 45FPS instead of 60FPS.)

So keep your characters under 30,000 polygons just to be safe, kiddos. ;D

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 22, 2011, 11:19:18 PM
RTB, how's the model I sent you? Did you managed to rig it like you did with the ZSS model? Is it going OK over Pit?
Could you use PMs and not this thread, for personal questions like that ? >_>
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on October 22, 2011, 11:41:20 PM
Could you use PMs and not this thread, for personal questions like that ? >_>
^ this... i told u like how many times to use PM? lol i dont even kno anymore
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Man that was a good read... Anyways, I look forward to seeing some more epic progress on your model importer.

Now I just need some Ultimate MvC3 models when the game comes out.

Quote from: Legendary Super Mario on October 22, 2011, 11:56:17 PM
Man that was a good read... Anyways, I look forward to seeing some more epic progress on your model importer.

Now I just need some Ultimate MvC3 models when the game comes out.

that game uses a new game engine... so i think it'll be harder to export the .mod files from it
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Lateralus on October 22, 2011, 11:03:29 PM
Just woke up from a nap, love the bs "On Topic:" statements people are adding to their posts during arguments, silly. RTB, your brother's a pretty good modeler c:.

Glad you think so. I can't wait until the MDL0 compiler's out to the public, I've got some pretty Heavy ideas.

October 23, 2011, 12:33:26 AM #5406 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:34:45 AM by Tempo_
Quote from: ApocHedgie on October 23, 2011, 12:30:04 AM
Glad you think so. I can't wait until the MDL0 compiler's out to the public, I've got some pretty Heavy ideas.

*groans*

Quote from: DSX8 on October 23, 2011, 12:12:38 AM
that game uses a new game engine... so i think it'll be harder to export the .mod files from it

New models? Formats? It's ours, my friend, as long as we can rip them.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: Tempo_ on October 23, 2011, 12:33:26 AM
*groans*

New models? Formats? It's ours, my friend, as long as we can rip them.
im not saying its gonna use a new model format... but the game engine is different compared to MvC3... so it might use the same ripping technique, or not.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Honestly I hope it gets a new ripping technique, right now you can't even get the props from it.   
Which kinda ruins any chance of getting Taskmaster successfully out.


Quote from: Tempo_ on October 23, 2011, 12:33:26 AMNew models? Formats? It's ours, my friend, as long as we can rip them.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 22, 2011, 10:29:31 PM
Well, I found out one thing about the models, and that is that the default shaders don't cooperate with Brawl very well. As a test, I tried the same thing I did before, with two of the same custom model. Didn't work together until I added Jigglypuff's shader to them both. So in other words, the importer is pretty much flawless now, except for the shaders which need to be added in manually. :af2:

Gonna try a polygon stress test just for fun now. >D

I found one error with textures. If you don't open all the materials to show their references, the textures won't build right. Easy fix though, coding some changes right now. :P

Also, I'll just make Jigglypuff's shader the default one. Problem solved.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 23, 2011, 01:32:05 AM
I found one error with textures. If you don't open all the materials to show their references, the textures won't build right. Easy fix though, coding some changes right now. :P

Also, I'll just make Jigglypuff's shader the default one. Problem solved.

What makes Jigglypuff's shader so.. good? Is it just kind of a general shader?

Then everyone's happy! :af:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


October 23, 2011, 01:36:28 AM #5414 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:43:05 AM by RandomTBush
Quote from: ApocHedgie on October 23, 2011, 12:30:04 AMGlad you think so. I can't wait until the MDL0 compiler's out to the public, I've got some pretty Heavy ideas.
*ba dum dum psssh*

But yeah, he asked me if he could try making Heavy Kong when the BrawlBox is released.

Anyway, just working on updating Kit's model to use better rigging, proper Final Smash eye textures, and I'm gonna try the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom shader with her model, to see how it works. (Anything's better than the default shader, bleh.)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 23, 2011, 01:32:05 AM
I found one error with textures. If you don't open all the materials to show their references, the textures won't build right. Easy fix though, coding some changes right now. :P

Also, I'll just make Jigglypuff's shader the default one. Problem solved.
Ah, I didn't encounter that bug, as I always had all of the materials open for double-checking before saving the MDL0 files.

Quote from: Lateralus on October 23, 2011, 01:33:23 AM
What makes Jigglypuff's shader so.. good? Is it just kind of a general shader?
Yes. It's the difference between having a dull, flat shader (which I'm certain a lot of newbies won't bother changing, which could cause problems such as not being able to have two custom, blank-shader models on the screen at the same time), and having one that behaves by Brawl's standards (proper lighting, proper smash charge flashes (I think?), etc.).