Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Quote from: Mastaklo on October 24, 2011, 04:28:09 PM
Only need  a few rig fixes





epic we should get all N64 models into brawl  we cant get enough retro especially SSB Luigi he was so fun :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Like I said, once I get rigging figured out, SM64 Mario will find his way intro Brawl.

Also, epic SSB Link, mastaklo.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Hey, I'm using both max 8 and 10 on my computer. It's a 64 bit operating system and I have the plugins installed.

But open collada is the only option that's available in 8 and in 10 using Autodesk Collada makes the program crash. Using open collada in either programs just gives me a blank scene after I import.

and yes, these .dae's were made with AIS....


Okay, I did a quick rig of Tekkaman to Pit's bone structure. But when I animate it, it looks like this:

Like everything besides the arms were rotated forward 90 degrees.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I tried the animation porter just to see how it looks like and got this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


So basically what I'm asking is, what is causing this? Did I rig it wrong or export it incorrectly?

Also, I used 3ds Max 2011 to export the .dae, if it matters. <_<

this make me sick, I wanna to some DAE importing aswell.
some funny note, me and KTH has exactly the same problem with DAE importing O_o

already got many ideas on what I should create.
one idea is Bowser and his plattform from sm64
other is bom-omb battlefield and it's room with the painting.
AND king bom-omb!

dont steal it okay >:C dibs on those!
thanks camonster for importing bowser for me :]

Lateralus: that looks great :3
Stupid Tinypic :C

Man, that model bone rigging tutorial is confusing. :/
I get the bones where I want them, then use the skin modifier to put those bones in, but the model does not move at all when rotate/move the bones. I either did something wrong or I missed a step.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on October 24, 2011, 07:19:18 PMMan, that model bone rigging tutorial is confusing. :/ I get the bones where I want them, then use the skin modifier to put those bones in, but the model does not move at all when rotate/move the bones. I either did something wrong or I missed a step.
^this^
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on October 24, 2011, 07:19:18 PM
Man, that model bone rigging tutorial is confusing. :/
I get the bones where I want them, then use the skin modifier to put those bones in, but the model does not move at all when rotate/move the bones. I either did something wrong or I missed a step.
this thrice

will try again to see if I can put this right
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on October 24, 2011, 07:19:18 PM
Man, that model bone rigging tutorial is confusing. :/
I get the bones where I want them, then use the skin modifier to put those bones in, but the model does not move at all when rotate/move the bones. I either did something wrong or I missed a step.

Which tutorial are you following? I'm following this one: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=17547.msg617502#msg617502

It says to add all of your bones to the mesh... does that mean select all of the bones and apply them to for every single different object or does it mean to select the bones that you would think should be affecting the mesh?

Quote from: Lateralus on October 24, 2011, 07:36:51 PMWhich tutorial are you following? I'm following this one: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=17547.msg617502#msg617502 It says to add all of your bones to the mesh... does that mean select all of the bones and apply them to for every single different object or does it mean to select the bones that you would think should be affecting the mesh?

ive tried that tutorial so many times and it still dosent work for me
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Quote from: Lateralus on October 24, 2011, 07:36:51 PM
Which tutorial are you following? I'm following this one: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=17547.msg617502#msg617502

It says to add all of your bones to the mesh... does that mean select all of the bones and apply them to for every single different object or does it mean to select the bones that you would think should be affecting the mesh?
Yes, I'm following the same tutorial.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: xxgbcxx on October 24, 2011, 07:38:12 PM
ive tried that tutorial so many times and it still dosent work for me

It's not that it's not working per-se, It's just not clear about what to do with the bones. When I add all of them to every individual object, it looks poor when moving the bones. I understand you're supposed to modify the weights etc, but it just doesn't seem correct. Whatever, I'll keep trying. If someone else could write a clearer tutorial, that would be awesome too.

*sigh* what good is the importer if I can't get my .DAE's into 3DS Max in the first place.... let alone brawlbox...