Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

3DS Max isn't free, and I'm not very good with models, so you probably won't see any model imports from me.

Regardless, this type of stuff is quite impressive, to say the least.

Gamma, like he said, resize the model.
You can actually use the scale tool in 3DS Max to resize all 3 dimensions at once.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: SuperSmasher on October 24, 2011, 11:00:13 PM
4 that.... i would resize the model (smaller of course) and if need be the skeleton as well

Quote from: Segtendo on October 24, 2011, 11:01:53 PM
Gamma, like he said, resize the model.
You can actually use the scale tool in 3DS Max to resize all 3 dimensions at once.

The thing with that is the model doesn't resize properly, so resizing the skeleton seems like a better alternative. /:

And yes, I know how to use the Scale tool. XD I've used 3DS many times before.

But I digress. To the Help section.


This is my own personal last warning before I start clicking that report button. Take it to the new section.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: mnsg on October 24, 2011, 10:52:21 PMPokemon Battle Revolution models should probably be considered as well.  Mewtwo would be a start.
I've got a T-posed Mewtwo model from Pokémon Battle Revolution if anybody would want that. No rigging, though, as PBR uses a stupid "vertex keyframes" style animation, according to what ImaginaryZ (the supplier of the PBR models) told me. :srs:

The forum exploded with epicness overnight!

Just so everyone knows, you can open up models from other games and save them as v9. You shouldn't need any hexing programs. You can also open up v8 mdl0s, but the color groups aren't parsed because they were causing some problems. You should be able to convert v10 and v11 to v9 perfectly fine though.

In the meantime, I'll be working on writing tristrips to save even more space, and that real time psa editor. And of course, a few imports of my own.

October 24, 2011, 11:52:25 PM #6007 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:54:08 PM by RandomTBush
On that note, as my brother ApocHedgie mentioned, there seems to be a problem where BrawlBox won't import models that have multiple UV mappings per polygon group, such as Mario's eyes. Any plans on updating the importer to support that in the future?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 24, 2011, 11:47:03 PM
The forum exploded with epicness overnight!

Just so everyone knows, you can open up models from other games and save them as v9. You shouldn't need any hexing programs. You can also open up v8 mdl0s, but the color groups aren't parsed because they were causing some problems. You should be able to convert v10 and v11 to v9 perfectly fine though.

In the meantime, I'll be working on writing tristrips to save even more space, and that real time psa editor. And of course, a few imports of my own.

Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication.

I love the new BrawlBox, but Is it unusual that, when I try to convert a DAE to a MDL0 file, BrawlBox always crashes? Just to know if there's something wrong and if anyone else has the same problems...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

October 25, 2011, 12:00:16 AM #6010 Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:02:03 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: RandomTBush on October 24, 2011, 11:52:25 PM
On that note, as my brother ApocHedgie mentioned, there seems to be a problem where BrawlBox won't import models that have multiple UV mappings per polygon group, such as Mario's eyes. Any plans on updating the importer to support that in the future?

I'll do anything to make the importer better, but I'd need a dae that has multiple uv coords to see how I can add the ability.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 24, 2011, 11:54:35 PM
I love the new BrawlBox, but Is it unusual that, when I try to convert a DAE to a MDL0 file, BrawlBox always crashes? Just to know if there's something wrong and if anyone else has the same problems...

Yes, you're doing it wrong. Make sure you have the EXACT same exporter and the EXACT same export settings, and you've fixed the model by seperating the objects by their textures.

Quote from: Lateralus on October 24, 2011, 11:52:35 PM
Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication.

No problem. :)

October 25, 2011, 12:05:01 AM #6011 Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:09:57 AM by TommoPuppy
Quote from: Gamma Ridley on October 24, 2011, 10:57:32 PM
So... do I just resize the skeleton? /:
NO! God no, you'll completely screw everything up if you resize the skeleton, because then you get a sort of reverse-Longchu effect... At least I think so. I know that happens because of translation, so I'm not sure what scaling does. Anyway, I would try to avoid it, but if you wanna try it, be my guest.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 24, 2011, 11:54:35 PM
I love the new BrawlBox, but Is it unusual that, when I try to convert a DAE to a MDL0 file, BrawlBox always crashes? Just to know if there's something wrong and if anyone else has the same problems...
Tokoyami syndrome?

Quote from: TommoPuppy on October 25, 2011, 12:05:01 AM
NO! God no, you'll completely screw everything up if you resize the skeleton, because then you get a sort of reverse-Longchu effect.

Oh darnit, I just made a thread asking about this. DX

You wouldn't happen to know a workaround, would you? If you do, could you possibly explain it to me here? /:

Damn forum issues meant I couldn't fix the incorrect information in my post without someone replying to it first. -.- god damn it
Quote from: Gamma Ridley on October 25, 2011, 12:09:56 AM
Oh darnit, I just made a thread asking about this. DX

You wouldn't happen to know a workaround, would you? If you do, could you possibly explain it to me here? /:
I got nothing man, sorry.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on October 25, 2011, 12:10:31 AM
Damn forum issues meant I couldn't fix the incorrect information in my post without someone replying to it first. -.- god damn itI got nothing man, sorry.

Oh. Well, I used translations anyway, sooo.... >_>

Curses.