Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: mnsg on October 24, 2011, 11:01:01 PM
3DS Max isn't free, and I'm not very good with models, so you probably won't see any model imports from me.

Regardless, this type of stuff is quite impressive, to say the least.


Well, there's always torrenting Max. That's what all of the vertexers did, since I doubt they'd cough up 500 bucks just for brawl hacking.

Also, I know this was a few pages back, but yeah
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: Segtendo on October 25, 2011, 02:27:31 AM
My test model using BJ's tutorial.
[spoiler]
A custom Classic Sonic model from Model's Resource.
9 doesn't have the Y-up option :srs:

Yay... That makes me wanna put Knuckles over Sonic when I get really good at this.

For now, I need to install my new clean and free download of 3DS Max 2010. Then I'll import a TON of models into Brawlbox. (Rigging's going to be annoying though... lol)

Quote from: Legendary Super Mario on October 25, 2011, 02:45:50 AM

For now, I need to install my new clean and free download of 3DS Max 2010. Then I'll import a TON of models into Brawlbox. (Rigging's going to be annoying though... lol)

That's gonna be the annoying part :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Legendary Super Mario on October 25, 2011, 02:45:50 AM
Yay... That makes me wanna put Knuckles over Sonic when I get really good at this.

For now, I need to install my new clean and free download of 3DS Max 2010. Then I'll import a TON of models into Brawlbox. (Rigging's going to be annoying though... lol)


Can yu pm me that installer? JUST the installer for it and the keygen? *puppydog eyes*
I have a backup of Max 8 on mediafire, but not the max 10 installers/keygen...

Quote from: MaxedOut on October 25, 2011, 03:01:10 AM
Can yu pm me that installer? JUST the installer for it and the keygen? *puppydog eyes*
I have a backup of Max 8 on mediafire, but not the max 10 installers/keygen...

Oh, well... with the one I'm installing right now, it's a legit free download and doesn't need any keygens of any kind.

Go to this site and register for it... https://students.autodesk.com/

Quote from: MaxedOut on October 25, 2011, 03:01:10 AMCan yu pm me that installer? JUST the installer for it and the keygen? *puppydog eyes*
I have a backup of Max 8 on mediafire, but not the max 10 installers/keygen...
In all seriousness, why does everyone want to use 3DS Max 8 (which most likely will not work with BrawlBox) instead of downloading 2010 (which DOES, and was in fact the same one I used to work on Kit)?

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 25, 2011, 03:08:17 AM
In all seriousness, why does everyone want to use 3DS Max 8 (which most likely will not work with BrawlBox) instead of downloading 2010 (which DOES, and was in fact the same one I used to work on Kit)?

But.... 3DS Max 8 does work with Brawl Box.

At least, I think. /:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Because of the history of compatibility issues with Mariokart64n's vertexing methods and scripts.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on October 25, 2011, 03:13:12 AM
But.... 3DS Max 8 does work with Brawl Box.

At least, I think. /:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Well, I stand corrected then. I think?

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 25, 2011, 03:15:25 AM
Well, I stand corrected then. I think?

XD

I'm fairly certain that it works fine. That was just a test, there were no edits to the model whatsoever, so it'll take some effort...

But it's possible. :|

My 2010 crashes when I import a DAE from AIS even if I use the right importing option.
I'll post a screenshot if it helps, but I would rather have 3DS Max 8, import it properly there, save it as a .max file, and open it in 2010 just fine.


Quote from: MaxedOut on October 25, 2011, 03:21:27 AM
My 2010 crashes when I import a DAE from AIS even if I use the right importing option.
I'll post a screenshot if it helps, but I would rather have 3DS Max 8, import it properly there, save it as a .max file, and open it in 2010 just fine.
Max 8 seems great for importing, but max 2010 seems the best for exporting
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

I personally wouldn't trust 3ds max 8 since the version of their DAE exporter is a little bit dated. They couldn't update the plugin for 3ds max 8 forever. Just an opinion though since I haven't really compared the two. I've had no problems with 2009 so far.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Justin!
You should post your tutorial in the guides section.
It seems buried in here (although BJ linked to it).
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Justin712 on October 25, 2011, 03:28:44 AM
I personally wouldn't trust 3ds max 8 since the version of their DAE exporter is a little bit dated. They couldn't update the plugin for 3ds max 8 forever. Just an opinion though since I haven't really compared the two. I've had no problems with 2009 so far.

I can export for crap with max 8. I'm downloading 2010 right now so I'll report results sometime when I get it
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]