Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

... when is the TopN bone ever animated?

Oh wait. Never. That's right.

Stop clicking 1 when rigging. Stick to 0.9 or something.

.9 huh? Kay

Also I guess the trans N was the only critical one, but meh, who knows XP

There was an issue with the material layer flags building in reverse, so I fixed it. I haven't uploaded the update yet, because I'm currently looking into the texture flashing problems people have had and some other unk values.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on November 12, 2011, 08:24:01 PM@ BJ: I got some progress! Not much though, I've only rigged the Top N and Trans N in max so far =-= BUT the bones work properly, even if I scale/rotate them. It's not much of an improvement, but considering what I went through getting to this point... :happy: What I need to know now is why Max won't let me give X Rot N and Y Rot N Absolute control over ALL vertexes of each polygon. If I give 100% on one the other goes back down to 0%  :>.>:

Naru. DON'T RIG the XRotN, YRotN, HipN, TransN, EyeYellowM, .etc....

They already control all of the bones under them in the bone heiarchy.

Each vertice can only be rigged to ONE bone. If you set control to 1 on the ENTIRE model for one bone, there won't be any bone besides that one that controls the model.

Set the ShoulderJ to the whole arm. Then the ArmJ to the elbow. Then HandN to the hand.

When you look back, the ShoulderJ will only control vertices up to the vertices the ArmJ controls. But if you rotate ShoulderJ, you'll rotate the vertices controlled by ShoulderJ along with ArmJ and the vertices it controls (And so on).

You get it?


Okay I think I get it now *shrug*
Now to just put what I understand from this into progress if any at all =_=;
That could take a while *sigh*

Ok, I wasn't going to report this here, but now I think It's worth mention. When I import a Brawlbox dae It has no textures even If they are in the same directory as the dae. Well looking at a polygon in shows that It's trying to get the textures from a directory that doesn't exists. And when I use the detach by id script I get this error:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: PAVGN on November 12, 2011, 11:44:29 PM
Ok, I wasn't going to report this here, but now I think It's worth mention. When I import a Brawlbox dae It has no textures even If they are in the same directory as the dae. Well looking at a polygon in shows that It's trying to get the textures from a directory that doesn't exists. And when I use the detach by id script I get this error:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


>_> That's not an error, that's the maxscript code...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 13, 2011, 12:18:39 AM
>_> That's not an error, that's the maxscript code...

Well It comes up when I get an error that says "--Unable to convert: ReferenceTarget:ReferenceTarget to type: Material"
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: PAVGN on November 13, 2011, 12:24:16 AM
Well It comes up when I get an error that says "--Unable to convert: ReferenceTarget:ReferenceTarget to type: Material"
separate by Bitmap or Object name
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: PAVGN on November 13, 2011, 12:24:16 AM
Well It comes up when I get an error that says "--Unable to convert: ReferenceTarget:ReferenceTarget to type: Material"

Maybe the object has no material.
If the texture paths in the dae don't go anywhere that exists, just edit them in notepad++.

Hey before I start, I want to make sure of something. You said a while back that Miku Miku Dance models don't have textures? How exactly would that work with importing, since you are doing Flondre.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Quote from: EnigmaticSpirit on November 13, 2011, 12:41:21 AM
Hey before I start, I want to make sure of something. You said a while back that Miku Miku Dance models don't have textures? How exactly would that work with importing, since you are doing Flondre.

Well Flandre has two textures mostly everything and no textures for her eyelashes, the spear thingy and some other stuff (they're solid colors). When you import the PMD into 3ds Max, you have to create a solid 50x50 texture that's that color. You can figure out the diffuse colors by importing the model into Brawlbox and then reading the diffuse colors in the materials, or you can just guess by looking at the color lol. Then you use the detach by id script and then simply drag those new textures onto the model where they belong. That's all I did.

:srs: i cant figure out how to get the model viewer to have more than 1 model
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Caterpie on November 13, 2011, 12:49:15 AM
:srs: i cant figure out how to get the model viewer to have more than 1 model


Go to file - open in the model viewer and then open a file.
You used to be able to drag and drop files into the viewer, but I think I broke it cuz it doesn't work for me anymore. :srs:

wow. i fail. thanks
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.