Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: PAVGN on November 12, 2011, 11:44:29 PM
Ok, I wasn't going to report this here, but now I think It's worth mention. When I import a Brawlbox dae It has no textures even If they are in the same directory as the dae. Well looking at a polygon in shows that It's trying to get the textures from a directory that doesn't exists. And when I use the detach by id script I get this error:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Uncheck "Propagate materials"

FC: 2191-7379-6272

i have trouble importing some twilight princess models, they go all well except some polygons refuse to import... u want me to send u the dae and .max scene, or u already know what the problem is?


So is Brawlbox still buggy?  Using the updated brawlbox: I added a shader, imported one and saved. 
When I opened my model with brawlbox after I saved, the shader i added wasnt there. Yet my model worked flawlessly in game with no lag or light or shade problems. Or do some models only need one shader?

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on November 14, 2011, 01:22:10 AM

So is Brawlbox still buggy?  Using the updated brawlbox: I added a shader, imported one and saved. 
When I opened my model with brawlbox after I saved, the shader i added wasnt there. Yet my model worked flawlessly in game with no lag or light or shade problems.

You didn't attach the shader to any materials.

November 14, 2011, 02:55:02 AM #6739 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:13:09 AM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
I can't seem to import ZSS' DAE into 3DS to get her skeleton... anyone got her skeleton for the import I'm working on?

Or everyone's skeletons, for that matter?

Heads Up for CON importers other than me (if any): If you use the latest brawlbox to export DAE's of your Character you will get the microscopic Texture Mapping issue -_- When I imported a test DAE into max the polygons were there but they were all white, no other problems besides that though :l and yes, I did have all of the characters textures exported as a JPG or PNG file. I also previewed the model in BB before I exported it as DAE.

Use the previous version for exporting the DAE's of Clash of Ninja characters from brawlbox and the newer update for importing.


So do we still need to replace materials and shaders? I know i can figure this out myself by testing but just curious. Also, Thanx BlackJax for your "sexy beast" program, without this i couldnt have ported Jason and he works perfect yo

*insert responses to stuff here*

Good news! I got the texture matrices to work (perfect metal textures!) and I've almost got the object importer finished.

It can import an object node, weighted or not, all of its linked nodes (including the material and its shader), and all the bones that influence it, or even completely merge the two models and save flawlessly.

The only problem with it is that the primitive manager for the imported object sometimes disposes itself randomly and pretty much screws everything up. I think it has to do with Brawlbox thinking that it's still in the external model, and deletes the manager when the external model is closed.

I've also been doing tests to Mario by changing unknown material and shader values around to obnoxiously different numbers, and I've made some pretty odd discoveries lol. I plan on making a thread sometime soon for material/shader research and tips/tricks.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 14, 2011, 05:13:06 AM
*insert responses to stuff here*

Good news! I got the texture matrices to work (perfect metal textures!) and I've almost got the object importer finished.

It can import an object node, weighted or not, all of its linked nodes (including the material and its shader), and all the bones that influence it, or even completely merge the two models and save flawlessly.

The only problem with it is that the primitive manager for the imported object sometimes disposes itself randomly and pretty much screws everything up. I think it has to do with Brawlbox thinking that it's still in the external model, and deletes the manager when the external model is closed.

I've also been doing tests to Mario by changing unknown material and shader values around to obnoxiously different numbers, and I've made some pretty odd discoveries lol. I plan on making a thread sometime soon for material/shader research and tips/tricks.
could you dumb that down for me??? I have no clue what any of that meant (serious)...execpt the thread part
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Quote from: xxgbcxx on November 14, 2011, 05:21:35 AM
could you dumb that down for me??? I have no clue what any of that meant (serious)...execpt the thread part

You will be able to put Marth's sword in Ike's left hand so Ike dual wields swords without 3ds Max and you can put perfect metal textures on imports.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 14, 2011, 05:24:40 AM
You will be able to put Marth's sword in Ike's left hand so Ike dual wields swords without 3ds Max and you can put perfect metal textures on imports.
:af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 14, 2011, 05:24:40 AM
You will be able to put Marth's sword in Ike's left hand so Ike dual wields swords without 3ds Max and you can put perfect metal textures on imports.

:af2:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 14, 2011, 05:13:06 AM
*insert responses to stuff here*

Good news! I got the texture matrices to work (perfect metal textures!) and I've almost got the object importer finished.

It can import an object node, weighted or not, all of its linked nodes (including the material and its shader), and all the bones that influence it, or even completely merge the two models and save flawlessly.

The only problem with it is that the primitive manager for the imported object sometimes disposes itself randomly and pretty much screws everything up. I think it has to do with Brawlbox thinking that it's still in the external model, and deletes the manager when the external model is closed.

I've also been doing tests to Mario by changing unknown material and shader values around to obnoxiously different numbers, and I've made some pretty odd discoveries lol. I plan on making a thread sometime soon for material/shader research and tips/tricks.

So wait. Metal textures are automatically added now, or they work like other brawl characters, or both o-o
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

Quote from: Evil Pervy on November 14, 2011, 05:48:50 AM
So wait. Metal textures are automatically added now, or they work like other brawl characters, or both o-o

Only the second one atm but I can do the first :af:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 14, 2011, 05:50:37 AM
Only the second one atm but I can do the first :af:
Both would be awesome for idiots like me who can't figure it out :af2:

*Impatiently awaits this update*
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]