Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.


So Metal textures are more important than the bug that causes textures from imports to spaz out?

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 18, 2011, 01:05:06 PM
So Metal textures are more important than the bug that causes textures from imports to spaz out?

It could be that the fact they don't have metal textures built in like brawl models that makes the textures bug out....


November 18, 2011, 02:15:24 PM #6874 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:19:01 PM by TokoyamiTheDark
I'm having a tough time with the brand new Animation Porter, as I dunno what to do to swap animations. Say that I open FitSheik00.pcs in BB, then I go to the model editor. I want Zelda's animaions (I know the thing to avoid deformations) on Sheik, I open FitZeldaMotionETC, I right-click on one animation, then port it to Sheik's MDL0. But first, am I doing it right? It's because it's the MotionETC file that gets edited, not the MDL0. After doing this for all animations, what should I do? Take the MDL0 and import it on Sheik OR take the FitZeldaMotionETC and rename it to FitSheikMotionETC? Or must I do something else? I already asked in help threads, but no one answered my questions correctly, they were always going off topic, therefore not staying in the subject :srs: I really need help...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: pikazz on November 18, 2011, 12:23:10 PM
I know also a bit about SRT0, similar to PAT0 which I know much about.
could change which texture would be affected, where it goes, scale, rotate ect :3
but I only now little, not every hex :/

Hey, better than nothing, right?

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 18, 2011, 09:24:15 AM
I know a little about SRT0 files, I've edited them sometimes to change their speed. But I don't guess an editor is necessary for the moment, all we need to make things easier is just a bunch of menus under 'add', including MDL0, CHR0, CLR0, PAT0...

With a blank node creator for more things than just models and CHR0s things would be easier enough.

Another thing to look into in the future: CLR0s... They really need some attention, the last time I checked the nodes couldn't be exported, and they're simple enough to be fixed. Also, there exist some kind of double-layer CLR0s that aren't supported right now, it would be something for the future too (battlefield's sky is an example).

But now the most important thing is metals!! xD

shazam:
http://wiki.tockdom.de/index.php?title=SRT0_%28File_Format%29

Also the node adding thing is done, but the brres group node names aren't even read from the file (there's no string offset or anything, the names are generated and then written to the string table when you save, not sure why) so there's no point in renaming them.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on November 18, 2011, 12:54:58 PM
How does one even do eye motion?

Can't do it from scratch yet

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 18, 2011, 01:05:06 PM
So Metal textures are more important than the bug that causes textures from imports to spaz out?

I fixed that bug. If it's still around for you, then figure out what you're doing wrong. :srs:

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on November 18, 2011, 02:15:24 PM
I'm having a tough time with the brand new Animation Porter, as I dunno what to do to swap animations. Say that I open FitSheik00.pcs in BB, then I go to the model editor. I want Zelda's animaions (I know the thing to avoid deformations) on Sheik, I open FitZeldaMotionETC, I right-click on one animation, then port it to Sheik's MDL0. But first, am I doing it right? It's because it's the MotionETC file that gets edited, not the MDL0. After doing this for all animations, what should I do? Take the MDL0 and import it on Sheik OR take the FitZeldaMotionETC and rename it to FitSheikMotionETC? Or must I do something else? I already asked in help threads, but no one answered my questions correctly, they were always going off topic, therefore not staying in the subject :srs: I really need help...

It's not new at all and it's extremely self explanatory, so figure it out. I'm not going to hold your hand. :srs:

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on November 18, 2011, 01:17:43 PM
It could be that the fact they don't have metal textures built in like brawl models that makes the textures bug out....

lolno


Thats right cause he's holding mines :happy:
JK BJ :P

XD Sue a guy for trying to make the metal textures more important XD

lol

It always says "Access is denied" when I try to check all files in the settings.
I have risen



November 19, 2011, 02:42:50 AM #6880 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:44:07 AM by Eternal Yoshi
Well I'm almost stupmed.

The stage models don't have (or need) bones since BB adds them, changing the texture format doesn't do any good, changing the shader type causes extreme lag and other abnormalities and that script NEVER EVER works, neither in 3DS Max 2010 or 3DS Max 9.

Is there a manual way to do what the detach script does if it helps?

Because otherwise, I am outta options and am probably going to bail due to the fact that no model has enough color nodes to cover stage polygons.

Yes BB is up to date based on the BV DL.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 19, 2011, 02:42:50 AM
Well I'm almost stupmed.

The stage models don't have (or need) bones since BB adds them, changing the texture format doesn't do any good, changing the shader type causes extreme lag and other abnormalities and that script NEVER EVER works, neither in 3DS Max 2010 or 3DS Max 9.

Is there a manual way to do what the detach script does if it helps?

Because otherwise, I am outta options and am probably going to bail due to the fact that no model has enough color nodes to cover stage polygons.

Yes BB is up to date based on the BV DL.
EY... this BB version thats out isnt very stage MAKING friendly... thats all ill say
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

If that's the case, I'll go rig Solidus/Raiden or something.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 19, 2011, 02:57:20 AM
If that's the case, I'll go rig Solidus/Raiden or something.

RIG [censored]ING RAIDEN!
At least if me and EY are talking about the same guy here  :happy:

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 19, 2011, 02:42:50 AM
Is there a manual way to do what the detach script does if it helps?

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but I searched a bit and found the same detach script, except it's a detachbyidmanual script, an earlier version but it's the only one that works any model I've worked with, not just .pmd models. If you want it, just let me know and I'll put up a download for it, since I have no idea where I found it...