Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on November 21, 2011, 11:32:57 PM
This is just a suggestion, but you could make it that brawlbox opens up a folder containing the following.

FitCharacterXX.pac
FitCharacterXX.pcs
FitCharacter.pac
FitCharacterMotionetc.pac
any other files you want open.

that way you don't need to switch between the multible bress/pac/pcs's and you could open up the character completely ^+^

The model previewer is the way to go

i was thinking
brawlbox with PSA
will it be so then you deleting codes the filesize of the FitCharacter.pac will go down (unlile if you doing this in PSA)
cuz in PSA if you delete codes the filesize dont go down but only can go up if adding new codes

also can do you so we can preview GFX,SFX,hitboxes while playing the animations so we can see how the attack will look like ingame?
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Mariodk on November 21, 2011, 11:40:33 PM
i was thinking
brawlbox with PSA
will it be so then you deleting codes the filesize of the FitCharacter.pac will go down (unlile if you doing this in PSA)
cuz in PSA if you delete codes the filesize dont go down but only can go up if adding new codes

also can do you so we can preview GFX,SFX,hitboxes while playing the animations so we can see how the attack will look like ingame?

Yeah to everything except no SFX/GFX for now, cuz i think GFX uses the REFF/REFT data and SFX uses the BRSAR which aren't currently editable.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 21, 2011, 11:36:19 PM
The model previewer is the way to go

That's what I meant :l
When you open the model previewer you select the folder with those files in it and it reads it from there. *shrug*

November 22, 2011, 04:11:44 AM #7009 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:14:07 AM by TommoPuppy
Quotere: all this Mega Man Legends off topic-ness I always seem to miss before I get the chance to say what I wanted to say.
Weren't some of the MML3 models publicly released in those online model viewers? If we can rip those that could be interesting.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on November 21, 2011, 11:32:57 PM
that way you don't need to switch between the multible bress/pac/pcs's and you could open up the character completely ^+^
BRRES*

If you have trouble remembering, think of it as BRawl RESource (even though that's probably not where the first part of the name comes from) or Bee Are Rez.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on November 22, 2011, 04:11:44 AM
Weren't some of the MML3 models publicly released in those online model viewers? If we can rip those that could be interesting.

I wish, capcom even had .DAEs of Areo and barrets models on their website, but when the game got canned, all content on the Japanese serve was taken down (that includes the model viewers and .DAE's)
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

Quote from: Epic Pervy on November 22, 2011, 04:17:14 AM
I wish, capcom even had .DAEs of Areo and barrets models on their website, but when the game got canned, all content on the Japanese serve was taken down (that includes the model viewers and .DAE's)
Augh, that sucks the ball. Oh well, I'm sure there are serial hoarders who downloaded it all. I know that I would have done it if I had thought they would be any use later.

Also, I have a question regarding things like models from PS games and stuff. Is there a way to outright prevent Brawl from applying filtering to a texture? Resizing the texture 4x can only get you so far.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on November 22, 2011, 04:19:09 AM
Augh, that sucks the ball. Oh well, I'm sure there are serial hoarders who downloaded it all. I know that I would have done it if I had thought they would be any use later.

Same here, if you find any let me know, my search efforts let me empty handed
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

November 22, 2011, 05:17:25 AM #7013 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:18:22 AM by BlackJax96
Here's what I've been working on for... I dunno, a while. The event dictionary! Need to look up a specific event? Look in the dictionary!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And that's only just the very beginning of it. It keeps going!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm about 40% done coding it. Fun stuff. :srs:
Lots of "Replace All" :af:

The "new string[] { }" parts will contain the parameters and their descriptions.

Wouldn't it be better to read that stuff from a text file using a loop than hardcoding it?

November 22, 2011, 05:21:48 AM #7015 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:25:29 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: TommoPuppy on November 22, 2011, 05:20:39 AM
Wouldn't it be better to read that stuff from a text file using a loop than hardcoding it?

Yeah (it would make it easier on my part), but it's cleaner to load it internally.

Holy cheese.

I can imagine the usefulness of that.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 22, 2011, 05:17:25 AM
Here's what I've been working on for... I dunno, a while. The event dictionary! Need to look up a specific event? Look in the dictionary!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And that's only just the very beginning of it. It keeps going!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm about 40% done coding it. Fun stuff. :srs:
Lots of "Replace All" :af:

The "new string[] { }" parts will contain the parameters and their descriptions.
why does that seem so easy for me to understand even tho i dont know anything about coding? :srs:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Awesome job!

Good thing I can't read it or I'd be confused as all hell.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


That sort of tedious work is something I'd use a program to write the code for (Basically, I'd read a text file and print the code, which I then copy-paste into my program).

FC: 2191-7379-6272