Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Christmas release edition: May it bring Christmas cheer to Brawl hackers everywhere!

@Xiggah: Release of what? Brawlbox or DAE to CHR0 script.

@BlackJax96: I voted for STR0 editting.

BTW, I have a question:
What's a PAT0?

Quote from: Innerscope on December 25, 2011, 05:33:25 AMBTW, I have a question:
What's a PAT0?

A texture visibility sequence.

Anyway, I finished two of the poll options completely, excluding the last two. :P
And they weren't necessarily both top voted options though, so it'll be a surprise >:3
I finished them both completely too; no errors from what I've tested.

well, there's something I can at leastuse for DPv4.5 :P

nice work BJ ^_^


also...
mind if I ask for a few ideas?? :/

1- I need to order my error messages, but IDK what the best order is...
would you happen to have any idea??
(which error type comes first, and so on...)

2- I need a better method for updating files...
you got any ideas??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 25, 2011, 06:26:47 AM
well, there's something I can at leastuse for DPv4.5 :P

nice work BJ ^_^


also...
mind if I ask for a few ideas?? :/

1- I need to order my error messages, but IDK what the best order is...
would you happen to have any idea??
(which error type comes first, and so on...)

2- I need a better method for updating files...
you got any ideas??

What do you mean by error message ordering? Don't they just pop up and then you fix em?
And I have no idea, I just update Brawlvault with new versions.

Poll: Metal materials.

The thread started as a model importer, and a good metal material should be possible the earlier, cause in the meanwhile, imports can't be perfect. None of them.

Still, if it could not get done before releasing, its okay...
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

December 25, 2011, 12:12:32 PM #7596 Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 01:54:28 PM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 25, 2011, 06:29:31 AM
What do you mean by error message ordering? Don't they just pop up and then you fix em?

ok... umm...
I'm defining functions for plugin use...
so say if you want to read an 8bit value.
so I've defined u8() to do that.
read: v = u8('')
write: u8(56)

but let's say you have an invalid write value:
u8(480)

instead of the interpreter returning the error and cashing the program,
I wanted the program to simply stop the curremt process and return an error.

to do this, I need a good error system, with LOADS of messages.
but I don't want the messages to be scattered in the error list as I add them...
so I need coded messages...

but I'm confused beyond that point, and unsure of what to do... >_>
eh heh :P


and about the updater...
this is for detecting if certain program files, plugins, extensions, or image handlers have had an update...
it will overwrite your current files with the update only if you want it to.
I'm more than confused on how to build it and just need advice on things :P

EDIT:
if you want, we can discuss things pertaining to UMC over on my forum...
apparently the mods don't want me discussing it here or they would'nt have deleted my thread... >_>
(I did point out to delete it only if they felt it neccesary, and they did...)
^I'm not going to ask why. :P

EDIT2: WOOT for 1991 posts :D
(my birthdate year)

EDIT3: opps...
about the errors...
I need coded errors yes,
but I don't want the codes to be in the order of 'as I add the errors'...
what I need is a better format


EDIT4:
found something along the lines of what I was looking for:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/error_message

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I should have the beta in the vault in approximately one hour and 15 minutes, at latest. I just need to wrap up some stuff that's not done and uncomment all the error handlers.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on December 25, 2011, 10:22:29 AM
Poll: Metal materials.

The thread started as a model importer, and a good metal material should be possible the earlier, cause in the meanwhile, imports can't be perfect. None of them.

Still, if it could not get done before releasing, its okay...

Somewhere along the line yesterday, I fixed what was causing it to not save correctly. So now everything works right, but I'm not sure if it works in-game. It even adds the texture matrices to the objects without any problems (unlike the currently released version).

Quote from: Tcll on December 25, 2011, 12:12:32 PM
*stuff*

In C#, all you need to do to catch an error is use
try
{
     //code
}
catch
{
     //something went wrong
}
And it applies to all the functions called within the try block, even the functions those functions call, etc.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 25, 2011, 06:44:13 PM
I should have the beta in the vault in approximately one hour and 15 minutes, at latest. I just need to wrap up some stuff that's not done and uncomment all the error handlers.

Somewhere along the line yesterday, I fixed what was causing it to not save correctly. So now everything works right, but I'm not sure if it works in-game. It even adds the texture matrices to the objects without any problems (unlike the currently released version).

I really hopeit works ingame 8D

seriously, we are not worth to see the brawlbox god :oshi: *flees before someone kills me with a giant toothspick*
Stupid Tinypic :C

@BJ: yea... that's what I'm doing...

try: #code
except ValueError: #used for detecting 'string'+int(9)
    error(code_ID)

what's the best way to organize the error codes/messages??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 25, 2011, 09:10:14 PM #7600 Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:40:12 PM by RandomTBush
Already noticed a problem. Upon opening any archive file with an SHP0 file in it (FitGanonMotion.pac, for instance), BrawlBox just up and crashes.

(EDIT: And "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when modifying the materials in any way...)

(EDIT 2: Nope, not just the materials. Seems to do that for any model I try modifying after it's already been saved...)

whats new in this brawlbox
is it now possible to merge two animations to one? and posible to do that one models too like mario kirby hat sitting on Sonic´s head  in one model without needing to import sonic and rig sonic again ´?
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

December 25, 2011, 09:52:43 PM #7602 Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:53:40 PM by pikazz
I found an bug about importing object, I will take it after I have test ingame

Quote from: Gotenks on December 25, 2011, 09:20:12 PM
whats new in this brawlbox
is it now possible to merge two animations to one? and posible to do that one models too like mario kirby hat sitting on Sonic´s head  in one model without needing to import sonic and rig sonic again ´?

I already testing this with sonic and mariocap xD
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: RandomTBush on December 25, 2011, 09:10:14 PM
Already noticed a problem. Upon opening any archive file with an SHP0 file in it (FitGanonMotion.pac, for instance), BrawlBox just up and crashes.

(EDIT: And "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when modifying the materials in any way...)

(EDIT 2: Nope, not just the materials. Seems to do that for any model I try modifying after it's already been saved...)

Hmmm, I'll see if I can fix it and then update the dl.


will release oneslot sonic-mario cap soon

the importion of objects working great!
problem is that if you import one polygon, let say my cap to sonic.
marios cap's object is polygon0 and gets add as polygon26

the little problem is that sonics own "polygon0" gets affected with mario's material and "visibilty bone" and leaving polygon26 unaffected.
you can make those changed by yourself, it's no big deal but that one flaw I found
Stupid Tinypic :C