Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

the floor shows up for me in the View tab GUI window... just use that ppl >_>
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: ds22 on December 26, 2011, 07:49:15 PM
It doesn't work when trying to activate it from the 'view' tab. :srs:

O_O So it is another way? how?
nevermind
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


December 26, 2011, 07:55:00 PM #7652 Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 08:20:34 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: ds22 on December 26, 2011, 07:49:15 PM
It doesn't work when trying to activate it from the 'view' tab. :srs:

Oh yeah, there are a LOT of things in the menu that aren't done, that's why. :srs:
Beta release, remember? I even warned you that things aren't done...
Just check the floor in the options panel.

Btw, I figured out the secret to the ShaderType thing.
It's the shader's stage count. (ColorEnv0, 1, 2, 3, etc, starting from 1)

hmm, so I'm guessing import then merge a CHR0 am I right??

and if I'm gonna have to do the math, then I'm gonna need to know the CHR0 format >_>

and btw, shaders don't deal with colors :P
take a look at the material demos in the SDK
although I havn't quite found the Node demos yet >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Also BJ, I have some notes on the STPM format that you might not know:

Header:
0x07 - Number of STPM entries. It is usually 01, but STGEMBLEM.pac got three entries in one (03).
0x10(4) - Is the offset to the entry, it's usually 14 but again Castle Siege is an exception, which has 1C.
For every entry, there's an offset to it in the header. For STGEMBLEM, this would add 2 extra offsets to the header.

Every entry is 0x104 (260) bytes. The first 4 bytes isn't a float value.
0x00 - Nothing?
0x01(2) - STPM ID (The first one is unique to the entry, the other one is unique to the stage itself)
0x03 - Echo (00 = false, 01 = true)

The rest of the entry is just float (64 values).

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Sky Grounder on December 26, 2011, 10:00:32 PM
Also BJ, I have some notes on the STPM format that you might not know:

Header:
0x07 - Number of STPM entries. It is usually 01, but STGEMBLEM.pac got three entries in one (03).
0x10(4) - Is the offset to the entry, it's usually 14 but again Castle Siege is an exception, which has 1C.
For every entry, there's an offset to it in the header. For STGEMBLEM, this would add 2 extra offsets to the header.

Every entry is 0x104 (260) bytes. The first 4 bytes isn't a float value.
0x00 - Nothing?
0x01(2) - STPM ID (The first one is unique to the entry, the other one is unique to the stage itself)
0x03 - Echo (00 = false, 01 = true)

The rest of the entry is just float (64 values).

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Cool, thanks and stuff.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 26, 2011, 07:55:00 PMBtw, I figured out the secret to the ShaderType thing.
It's the shader's stage count. (ColorEnv0, 1, 2, 3, etc, starting from 1)
A-ha! So that would explain why the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom characters had "unknown" values, then, since they have a lot of texture layers/Env# properties.

Looks like everyone's had a holly jolly hacking Christmas. I even spy information contribution to help dear old BJ, what troopers you all are!

well my christmas wasn't as you would say holly jolly,
but it was a hacking christmas :af:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Hey Blackjacks
I found a REALLY nice model of Krystal and her Staff on a Fan Site (The site allows free use of models created for/by fans or ripped from the game) and it's all ready to rig. I got a few questions though.

1: The staff has one texture for it's polygons as does Krystal, will this make things harder or easier when doing the "reassigning materials" phase of the importing process. (Last step in 3DS max before importing into Brawlbox)

2: The Krystal mesh is a very high poly model, but it's only one single mesh/object, is this good or bad for importing?

3: The staff is it's own object as well, but it's a single mesh, same as the above question.

High poly models will lag the game by some amount, but the number of objects should only matter toward filesize (and even then, only slightly).

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: Tcll on December 26, 2011, 11:58:18 PM
well my christmas wasn't as you would say holly jolly,
but it was a hacking christmas :af:

Mine was more holly jolly than it was hacking, I think I would have preferred your christmas :P

hey BJ does this fix the transparent textures thing???
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Quote from: RandomTBush on December 26, 2011, 10:51:29 PM
A-ha! So that would explain why the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom characters had "unknown" values, then, since they have a lot of texture layers/Env# properties.

Yeah, that value was bugging me for so long... XD

Quote from: GBC on December 27, 2011, 02:47:26 AM
hey BJ does this fix the transparent textures thing???

It can... but not magically.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on December 27, 2011, 01:54:22 AM
Hey Blackjacks
I found a REALLY nice model of Krystal and her Staff on a Fan Site (The site allows free use of models created for/by fans or ripped from the game) and it's all ready to rig. I got a few questions though.

1: The staff has one texture for it's polygons as does Krystal, will this make things harder or easier when doing the "reassigning materials" phase of the importing process. (Last step in 3DS max before importing into Brawlbox)

2: The Krystal mesh is a very high poly model, but it's only one single mesh/object, is this good or bad for importing?

3: The staff is it's own object as well, but it's a single mesh, same as the above question.

1. One texture for the entire model?

2. Depends

3. Still depends

1: Yeah, one single texture map for the whole model, but the model of Krystal is one single polygon/mesh except for the parts of the skirt/loincloth that I split into their own polys. The staff is a single model/mesh as well but it is not a part of the Krystal mesh. 

2 & 3: Depends on what?
Do note that although this is going over Zelda, I plan to animate and psa her fully, in fact I might even include all the minor things at some point, just not the beta.

Although, if it's not to much to ask, is the undo/redo function going to be available in the next update for the animator?