Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: DSX8 Fi on December 27, 2011, 08:53:52 PM
ah i see...

also y do the UV's get messed up onve in-game? their fine in 3ds max and in BB

...No they don't? Do you have them set to mirror? Is there an unknown value that's not default? Is there any way you can be more vague? XD

Quote from: Classy Pervy on December 27, 2011, 08:55:32 PM
I hate to be late to the party, but I was gone fore the alst four days and alot has happened o-o Question about the metal textures that may have happened already. My polygons exploded when I sue the auto adder

I said it probably doesn't work in-game, if you read the description. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 27, 2011, 08:56:32 PM
if you read the description. :srs:

I, in fact, did not o-o. Shame on me :notimp:
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 27, 2011, 08:56:32 PM
...No they don't? Do you have them set to mirror? Is there an unknown value that's not default? Is there any way you can be more vague? XD

I said it probably doesn't work in-game, if you read the description. :srs:
hmm... well in the import setting, i click on "remap all materials"... is that the cause of it? xDD  and the texture UV's r set to repeat cause well i always left it at that in the old BB.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 Fi on December 27, 2011, 08:58:20 PM
hmm... well in the import setting, i click on "remap all materials"... is that the cause of it? xDD  and the texture UV's r set to repeat cause well i always left it at that in the old BB.

Uncheck remap all materials then. :P

Also, about the repeat thing, here's a tip:
Look at the TextureCoordId at the top of the mat reference. Then go to the objects that use that material and go to the uv node at that index that the object uses.

Look at the Min and Max for that UV node. If either the X or Y for the Min is less than 0 or the Max is greater than 1, keep it at repeat. If both values in the Min and Max are within the range of 0 to 1, set it to Clamp. That might fix your issue (or not...).

I'm just pointing that out because I've never encountered this magical "UV mapping error" in all my tests, except the ones before anyone knew about the clamp and repeat stuff.

something is weird, if I trying to import an DAE with the beta and wanna preview it,
it's either BB crash or an big red X over the preview or an error.
if I preview again if I got the big red X or an error, BB crashes D:

but it works fine to import DAE with the 64
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 27, 2011, 09:09:12 PM
Uncheck remap all materials then. :P

Also, about the repeat thing, here's a tip:
Look at the TextureCoordId at the top of the mat reference. Then go to the objects that use that material and go to the uv node at that index that the object uses.

Look at the Min and Max for that UV node. If either the X or Y for the Min is less than 0 or the Max is greater than 1, keep it at repeat. If both values in the Min and Max are within the range of 0 to 1, set it to Clamp. That might fix your issue (or not...).

I'm just pointing that out because I've never encountered this magical "UV mapping error" in all my tests, except the ones before anyone knew about the clamp and repeat stuff.
ah ok thanks... ill try that out and see if that fixes thing :D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

December 27, 2011, 09:31:10 PM #7686 Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 09:53:36 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: pikazz on December 27, 2011, 09:19:51 PM
something is weird, if I trying to import an DAE with the beta and wanna preview it,
it's either BB crash or an big red X over the preview or an error.
if I preview again if I got the big red X or an error, BB crashes D:

but it works fine to import DAE with the 64

Well then what's the error? It works perfectly fine for me. :srs:

Edit: I fixed the metal materials error but now mediafire is being stupid and doesn't even try to load, so I'll upload it when I get back.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 27, 2011, 09:31:10 PM
Well then what's the error? It works perfectly fine for me. :srs:

Edit: I fixed the metal materials error but now mediafire is being stupid and doesn't even try to load, so I'll upload it when I get back.
hm, seems I only got this with FitWario00.pac/pcs, tried on a diffirent pac and a new brres and it worked fine O.o

metal material error? you mean you fix that polygon explosion? 8D
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on December 27, 2011, 10:16:55 PM
hm, seems I only got this with FitWario00.pac/pcs, tried on a diffirent pac and a new brres and it worked fine O.o

metal material error? you mean you fix that polygon explosion? 8D
technically wario has 2 models right classic and warioware maybe that was the cause?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: pikazz on December 27, 2011, 10:16:55 PM
hm, seems I only got this with FitWario00.pac/pcs, tried on a diffirent pac and a new brres and it worked fine O.o

metal material error? you mean you fix that polygon explosion? 8D

No he means this:
Quote from: DSX8 Fi on December 27, 2011, 08:32:07 PM
i have 1 thing to point out... after adding metal texture to a character, and tried him out in-game, he starts out with the metal texture :srs:



Good work BJ; this beta is very impressive, even if it isn't a full release. Brawlbox seems to be so much bigger now, it deserves to have its own thread separate from this development thread!

December 28, 2011, 02:04:10 AM #7692 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:11:37 AM by Tcll
hey BJ...
I've just taken a look at that VC++ 2010 installer you sent me...
(was looking for something to DL to test my new HBC app (bootOpera Mod USB))

anyways...
it's either DL the trial, or register with those *censord*

I thought you were sending me a decent application BJ >:O

is there a cracked version??
(one that doesn't mess up your compy)

I'm not going to be ripped off by those *censord* again >:O

the only decent things they've made was WinXP_Pro and IE8 >_>
(everything, yes EVERYTHING else by them sucks! (except IE9 (4/5 stars)))

DOWN WITH MICROSOFT! >:O

EDIT:
I'm sry...
I should've PM'd you on this,
instead of being a party-crasher... heh

PM me back on this...
and if anyone has anything to say to me, PM me on that too.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Fail. That's the exact download I used and I haven't paid a penny. You just have to register it.

December 28, 2011, 02:23:56 AM #7694 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:26:35 AM by Tcll
BJ...
Microsoft can KM*censord* before I'll register with them.

There is no-one who hates Microsoft more than me. -_-

EDIT:
all I ask for is a working crack :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.