Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 27, 2012, 03:02:30 AM
Funny, I thought the images were always the easiest files to crack. What's so weird about these REFT images?

It's odd that they display fine in BB but not in-game. I think a file size or offset is incorrect. (Btw, the REFT rebuilder I have is different from the released Brawlbox's)

Quote from: Xiggah on January 27, 2012, 02:53:10 AM
Don't you guys always look to how other programs render graphics to compare them in Brawl? Like that .REFT image viewer or OpenGL notes?

Not really :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 27, 2012, 03:08:06 AM
It's odd that they display fine in BB but not in-game. I think a file size or offset is incorrect. (Btw, the REFT rebuilder I have is different from the released Brawlbox's)

Not really :P

A few rebuilding errors away from being finished then.

No wonder we find all these great discoveries so much later :P Ah well. So BJ, what have you been working on lately?

Quote from: Xiggah on January 27, 2012, 03:16:05 AM
A few rebuilding errors away from being finished then.

No wonder we find all these great discoveries so much later :P Ah well. So BJ, what have you been working on lately?

SCN0 and shaders.
After I release v0.65b, I'll be coding an SRT0 editor and working on figuring out some other things for the model previewer.

I wish you luck my friend :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Hey,BJ. I'm Bero,who had programmed BBox before you started to program it.
Though I developed BBox,I didn't touched model things and have a question about them.

Why is it that textures of some models(menu and etc.) aren't shown properly on model previewer?
Because I'd like to make a title scene on my own,I have to use your model importer.
I think I should first export the model,but the previewer shows it like this:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5593/65831308.png

Quote from: Bero on January 27, 2012, 11:21:03 AM
Hey,BJ. I'm Bero,who had programmed BBox before you started to program it.
Though I developed BBox,I didn't touched model things and have a question about them.

Why is it that textures of some models(menu and etc.) aren't shown properly on model previewer?
Because I'd like to make a title scene on my own,I have to use your model importer.
I think I should first export the model,but the previewer shows it like this:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5593/65831308.png
wow that is 1 messed up model o.o.... wonder if BJ has an answer to that... but u'll find out like later today around 4pm PST when he's bak from school.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

January 27, 2012, 01:22:08 PM #8467 Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 01:28:25 PM by Tcll
JSYK BJ...
I'm going to keep calling it shader and node
(just so I have a legit name for the material's TEV structures)

anyways...
I've figured something out about the Shader <_<
the first block (with padding) is 32 bytes
the rest are 64 bytes until the XF registers are reached

I havn't looked at the node data like this yet, so IDK atm <_<
(will come back with an edit)

EDIT:
yea...
the length of the blocks seems to follow a multiple of 32 depending on the size of it's data.

this sounds extremely familiar to Melee data O.o

now I just need to figure out how to read <_<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 27, 2012, 03:11:38 PM #8468 Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:39:56 PM by namq
Animation .chr0 Merging is weird, it doesn't seem to do anything as I see it, only adds frames to the animation but I cannot seem to see what it does. (I didn't changed names of bones)

Appending is crashing for me atm

EDIT:

Appending works in terms of "appending" *sounds weird I know :/* but when I want to save the motionetc.pac Brawlbox crashes.

Why appending works is it only crashes when I save the file, but I exported the file and seemed to work, very weird the animation looks cause I took different .chr0 from other characters and put em together and the hipN messes everything up

EDIT 2:

Even Pasting Translation seem to make characters shrink on some frames, so prolly have to edit all animation (pasting on everyframe) so the translations stay tuned to the main character's

And while doing this, the HipN bone will also have to be modified in every frame to fix this issue *sigh*

Merging is what I was looking as, if it merges 2 animations into one then thats what I'm looking for.

@BJ ---> Can you show me a short .gif or vid on how does the Merging animation works? also a lil explaination on appening if it's possible?

you're not supposed to animate every frame...
(only every keyframe)

animation appending works to append the bones of an external animation to the current
(if it works as I suggested)
I'm not sure if it fixes up the keyframes in the external to match the current yet)

and I made a dummy bone to take place of HipN
(since HipN is usually weighted) >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Holy crap. It's Bero O:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Anyways, I hope you can edit the shader terms so we can know what we're doing... editing shaders seems so blind right now, no way to see what we're doing

Okay, I made a help thread, and guess what, it's completely ignored >_>
So I'm asking in this thread, since this one is actually to do with BB, and I'm asking a little more calmly this time.

How do I get past the out of range exception error when importing a model?

Quote from: Bero on January 27, 2012, 11:21:03 AMHey,BJ. I'm Bero,who had programmed BBox before you started to program it.
Though I developed BBox,I didn't touched model things and have a question about them.

Why is it that textures of some models(menu and etc.) aren't shown properly on model previewer?
Because I'd like to make a title scene on my own,I have to use your model importer.
I think I should first export the model,but the previewer shows it like this:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5593/65831308.png
That reminds me that BrawlBox also seems to have trouble rendering models with an enormous amount of polygons in one group. Namely Trace.brres in the "toy\fig" folder, with well over 41k polygons in the polygon1 group.



And turning on the vertices shows more of the model, but even then it seems to just suddenly stop before rendering its left arm fully:

.

While not super-important, it should be looked into at a later time.

I honestly want to ask if anyone's seen any models that use NURBS or Bezier surfaces?? <_<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.