Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

you know...
both Kryal and Bero seemed to return out of nowhere <_<

were you guys stuck in the void or something??

and who's going to be returning next?? :|

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Looking forward for the release. I hope you figure out what's happening to those SCN0 nodes and release today. Anyway, if they work well ingame, it's not a big deal I suppose.

Did you fix that problem with non-XYZ models Bero talked about? I noticed that problem too with some 2D model I was using in the past for semitransparencies, and would be cool to get it corrected.

Magnificent work by the way, I can't wait to test it :3
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

January 28, 2012, 03:23:18 PM #8492 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 03:40:55 PM by Michael Yoshi
The version I have (0.65b Beta) crashes upon loading files (from Mario Kart Wii) that have SRT0 and PAT0 files in them. Something about having SRT0, PAT0 and V11 MDL0s in there at the same time. It's making it difficult to modify character models. Was this fixed already?

I can get around it by deleting the SRT0s and the PAT0s using CTools, but then Koopa Troopa loses his texture animations.

Edit: And importing a DAE never works.

hey BJ...

I was right about the isXYZ thing because for Pika:
the value for the normals is 0 but the data is 3D
the result of the value is the bounds because Pika's normals don't have a bound box
(his UV's and verts do)

btw...
my template now even uses the vector function for UV's
(just as intended by the SDK)

I compair the 2D-3D values by looking at the entry stride with the data type:

if data_type == (2 or 3):
  if entry_stride == 6: #3D
  if entry_stride == 4: #2D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Michael Yoshi on January 28, 2012, 03:23:18 PM
The version I have (0.65b Beta) crashes upon loading files (from Mario Kart Wii) that have SRT0 and PAT0 files in them. Something about having SRT0, PAT0 and V11 MDL0s in there at the same time. It's making it difficult to modify character models. Was this fixed already?

I can get around it by deleting the SRT0s and the PAT0s using CTools, but then Koopa Troopa loses his texture animations.

Edit: And importing a DAE never works.

I've had similar cases with PAT0, but not with SRT0 or any other version models. Would it work if you only deleted the PAT0 but left the SRT0?

hey BJ...
do you happen to to have any v10 or v11 MDL0's with the unknown list values being something other than 0??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 28, 2012, 05:59:44 PM
hey BJ...
do you happen to to have any v10 or v11 MDL0's with the unknown list values being something other than 0??

I don't think so... I can program a message that pops up if one of the unused offsets isn't 0 if you want.

Quote from: Bero on January 28, 2012, 02:02:51 PM
@BJ
Thanks for reply.
As Xiggah said,0.63d could show the model properly,so I will try to find the bug in your source code comparing to 0.63d source.

Alright, good luck. Kryal completely re-worked the way primitives were read, stored and rendered (and I coded the writing part myself :P), so the sources are pretty different.

Quote from: Michael Yoshi on January 28, 2012, 03:23:18 PM
The version I have (0.65b Beta) crashes upon loading files (from Mario Kart Wii) that have SRT0 and PAT0 files in them. Something about having SRT0, PAT0 and V11 MDL0s in there at the same time. It's making it difficult to modify character models. Was this fixed already?

I can get around it by deleting the SRT0s and the PAT0s using CTools, but then Koopa Troopa loses his texture animations.

Edit: And importing a DAE never works.

The first step is reading Brawl's file formats using Brawl's version. After the format is completely read and rebuild-able, that's when I'll code support for other file versions and conversion between them like I did with MDL0.

And did you follow the DAE exporting rules I have posted on the OP?

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on January 28, 2012, 02:50:10 PM
Looking forward for the release. I hope you figure out what's happening to those SCN0 nodes and release today. Anyway, if they work well ingame, it's not a big deal I suppose.

Did you fix that problem with non-XYZ models Bero talked about? I noticed that problem too with some 2D model I was using in the past for semitransparencies, and would be cool to get it corrected.

Magnificent work by the way, I can't wait to test it :3

Oh yeah, I should be able to release sometime today.

Quote from: Tcll on January 28, 2012, 02:09:22 PM
you know...
both Kryal and Bero seemed to return out of nowhere <_<

were you guys stuck in the void or something??

and who's going to be returning next?? :|

lol ._.

Quote from: juhis815 on January 28, 2012, 10:46:34 AM
Long time no see, and I still can wish whenever there is going to be the complete support for .brsar archives...

That will probably be a big project like MDL0 rebuilding was.
I'll just have to focus working on only BRSAR for a while when want to finish it.

Quote from: Tcll on January 28, 2012, 01:28:19 PM
hey BJ...

what differences are there in v10 MDL0's compaired to V11??

No many really... I think only the header offsets.
Same with v8 & v9, not really any differences except for the header offsets I think.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 28, 2012, 08:50:40 AM
Sounds good to me. By the way, couldn't I use the Brawlbox's source code to read already defined file structures? You left pretty thorough notes.

That's what I left the notes for ;D

yea...
that sounds good.

I've even progged a "contact me" message into my template for the unknown offsets >_>

and ok
which ones are different in v8 and v9??
(I've currently got all the ones supported in v9 supported in v8 as well)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I found the source of the XYZ problem!



And I fixed it:


Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 28, 2012, 08:56:52 PM
I found the source of the XYZ problem!



And I fixed it:



Nice! What was the error?

January 28, 2012, 09:00:36 PM #8500 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:03:08 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Xiggah on January 28, 2012, 08:57:22 PM
Nice! What was the error?

It was the error in the new asset decoder.
When the vertices aren't XYZ, a third value isn't read at the 3rd iteration, but it accidentally WAS read but not actually output to the buffer, offsetting every value after that one.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 28, 2012, 08:56:52 PM
I found the source of the XYZ problem!



And I fixed it:


awesome man, just awesome!

and now Mewtwo2000 and Bero r more proud of u! =D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

nice job BJ :D

hey I have a Q...
the IREF structre...
how does it work??

and I have another Q...

the data structures are a multiple of 32 depending on the data length right...
so how do you go about reading them??

and also...
your award :<

how'd you get the dedicated hacker award before me?? :<

I think our dedications to our hacking are pretty much equal <_<
and I've been hacking since before you started >_>

I just feel left out =3=
wers awad 4 me?? ;_;
- figured out REFT format
- converted Melee models to OBJ (and still am)
- figured out certain MDL0 aspects that extended our work in brawl hacking

Patrick: I want an award *cries*

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 28, 2012, 09:14:59 PM #8503 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:16:36 PM by RandomTBush
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 28, 2012, 08:56:52 PMI found the source of the XYZ problem!



And I fixed it:

Ah, Ikubi Akius. It's been a long time since I've last seen you.

Anyway, it's good that you were able to fix that problem now. :)

Quote from: Tcll on January 28, 2012, 09:13:15 PM
nice job BJ :D

hey I have a Q...
the IREF structre...
how does it work??

and I have another Q...

the data structures are a multiple of 32 depending on the data length right...
so how do you go about reading them??

and also...
your award :<

how'd you get the dedicated hacker award before me?? :<

I think our dedications to our hacking are pretty much equal <_<
and I've been hacking since before you started >_>

I just feel left out =3=
wers awad 4 me?? ;_;
- figured out REFT format
- converted Melee models to OBJ (and still am)
- figured out certain MDL0 aspects that extended our work in brawl hacking

Patrick: I want an award *cries*

LOL
"Their sheer dedication in SSBB hacking granted them over 10 000 downloads. "
Doesn't really mean anything programming-wise.
There are no programming awards... ._.

And IREF, I actually dunno. It only shows up at the end of the KSel Swap Table.
I'll have to see if I can find bit shifts for it in the SDK.