Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Might as well add to the pile of questions: How do the entry collections work? I've got no clue what Index Tangent and Value are.

hey BJ :D
here's a thought:

you think if Brbx gets to become a game development application w/in itself,
do you think even nintendo (not me lol) would use it =D

lol thoughts of Nintendo using an illegal application XDD
(this also includes UGE (UMC 6-7x))
^it wouldn't surprize me at all if Nintendo decided to use UGE to port Sony's games to their systems :P

no that's not the reason I'm developing UMC, nor do I ever REALLY want it to be >:|

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 28, 2012, 11:14:53 PM
you think if Brbx gets to become a game development application w/in itself,
do you think even nintendo (not me lol) would use it =D

lol thoughts of Nintendo using an illegal application XDD
What makes it illegal?
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

January 28, 2012, 11:45:03 PM #8523 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:46:35 PM by Tcll
Quote from: Skyward Grounder on January 28, 2012, 11:18:50 PM
What makes it illegal?

1 - it's a program for hacking games
2 - the game data the program uses
3 - we're not supposed to know the SDK contents, so the programming used in itself [/cheap shot]

anything else :P

that's why I don't get this forum...
if they allow illegal data, why don't they allow ISO sharing :/
(it's not like it'll do this forum any better... heh)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 28, 2012, 11:45:03 PM

1 - it's a program for hacking games
2 - the game data the program uses
3 - we're not supposed to know the SDK contents, so the programming used in itself [/cheap shot]

anything else :P

that's why I don't get this forum...
if they allow illegal data, why don't they allow ISO sharing :/
(it's not like it'll do this forum any better... heh)

I don't think any of that is illegal. We're allowed to modify files we have, sometimes that's against a license terms and agreement but that's not the law and we didn't sign any to play Brawl. We're allowed to have the game files from the discs on our computers, it's the same files, and knowing programming languages certainly isn't against the law.

What IS illegal is getting the game files that you don't own, but most of us here own Brawl. That's why everything except iso sharing is allowed.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 28, 2012, 11:56:16 PM
I don't think any of that is illegal. We're allowed to modify files we have, sometimes that's against a license terms and agreement but that's not the law and we didn't sign any to play Brawl. We're allowed to have the game files from the discs on our computers, it's the same files, and knowing programming languages certainly isn't against the law.

What IS illegal is getting the game files that you don't own, but most of us here own Brawl. That's why everything except iso sharing is allowed.
well...
what we do here is wrong according to federal govt,
but who listens to them XDD

IK I'm being hippocritical by talking about this stuff, but yeh :P
it was just a thought of them using brbx is all =P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 29, 2012, 12:10:18 AM
well...
what we do here is wrong according to federal govt,
but who listens to them XDD

IK I'm being hippocritical by talking about this stuff, but yeh :P
it was just a thought of them using brbx is all =P

It's a nice thought, but I don't think the community Brawlbox could be better than the Wii dev kit that made these files in the first place... it could be an equal, but how could it be better or do anything the dev kits couldn't?

Quote from: Xiggah on January 29, 2012, 01:05:44 AM
It's a nice thought, but I don't think the community Brawlbox could be better than the Wii dev kit that made these files in the first place... it could be an equal, but how could it be better or do anything the dev kits couldn't?
the SDK is only a template...
that shouldn't limit the tools your program could have ;)

eg:
you can add NURBS support to Brbx, but convert the data when exporting to MDL0

I'm actually working on generating alot of data from a single equation...

eg:
a dynamic model controlled by a resolution that will decide it's polygons
(Sony's Graphics Synthesyzer (PS2 CPU) supports this)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I think I found bit shift flags for the "lights" region of materials (which controls diffuse/ambient/specular lighting, etc), which is currently mostly unknown. I'll see if I can figure it out and release Brawlbox before tomorrow. I'm not gonna bother with the SCN0 thing, I don't think it will be too much of a big deal.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 29, 2012, 01:31:53 AM
I think I found bit shift flags for the "lights" region of materials (which controls diffuse/ambient/specular lighting, etc), which is currently mostly unknown. I'll see if I can figure it out and release Brawlbox before tomorrow. I'm not gonna bother with the SCN0 thing, I don't think it will be too much of a big deal.
hmm lights in the materials ehh? not bad o.o
.....
and how much does the SNC0 filesize go up anyways?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 29, 2012, 01:31:53 AM
I think I found bit shift flags for the "lights" region of materials (which controls diffuse/ambient/specular lighting, etc), which is currently mostly unknown. I'll see if I can figure it out and release Brawlbox before tomorrow. I'm not gonna bother with the SCN0 thing, I don't think it will be too much of a big deal.

SCN0 could wait, at any rate. Releasing the new Brawlbox and getting feedback will help you move forward anyways.

January 29, 2012, 01:42:10 AM #8531 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:46:38 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Nymph on January 29, 2012, 01:36:19 AM
hmm lights in the materials ehh? not bad o.o
.....
and how much does the SNC0 filesize go up anyways?

It goes down 112 bytes. :srs:
I think it has to do with the fog group, I really do.
In the header of some SCN0s it says there's 6 fog entries, and yet there's only 3 or 4 loaded to view in the fog group. >.>

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 29, 2012, 01:42:10 AM
It goes down 112 bytes. :srs:
I think it has to do with the fog group, I really do.
In the header of some SCN0s it says there's 6 fog entries, and yet there's only 3 or 4 loaded to view in the fog group. >.>
that should be fine then o.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Xiggah on January 29, 2012, 01:05:44 AM
It's a nice thought, but I don't think the community Brawlbox could be better than the Wii dev kit that made these files in the first place... it could be an equal, but how could it be better or do anything the dev kits couldn't?

1: It can make it so an idiot like me could make such files >_>
2: We(Not "We" in the general term) created it from scratch, they use methods built off of methods that have been used before.
3: Just imagine if we could include an emulator for brawl game with BB by combining it with dolphin >=3
Good by testing files with the SD card XD

Also, just tested an older file I thought that wouldn't give me the error. Thank GOD I decided to calm down and ask for advice for once :/ Rigging is going smoothly again ^+^;