Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Thank you BlackJax! Your new brawlbox fixed the normals/materials issue I was having with my stage!  Now it looks all purty  :af:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

is that the temple, there in the middle of skyloft???

glad to see epic progress was made last night :D

my progress will come in due time.
(I need net to test out some good examples)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 29, 2012, 12:15:49 PM #8553 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 12:17:56 PM by SeriousPhatage
Quote from: jokekid on January 29, 2012, 11:41:35 AM
is that the temple, there in the middle of skyloft???

Why, yes it is.  I'm not sure if I want to leave it as temple or make an original skyloft stage. Perhaps I'll make my own thread to see what everyone thinks.

Again, great job with BrawlBox. Is there any way I can preview texture animations?

Love the new Brawlbox :D
And I'm glad you put my STPM notes to use, now it's fully supported! (Just need to figure out the rest of the values now).

Also in the SCN0 (main part) I think Unknown3 = loop, because when I see files having more than 1 frame, Unknown3 equals 1, otherwise 0. (Don't take me on the word though, it's just a suggestion).

Also, I have an idea for Flags: What about turning them into a list of checkboxes instead? It would be easier to check/uncheck flags that way.

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

>:(
This brawlbox is NEVER letting me save ANYTHING.
It always says: unable to open file for write access.
If I close it and try the same file again it says cannot access E:/brawlbox/bla bla bla.
If I try with older versions it does the same thing >:( .
How do you fix this?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

January 29, 2012, 02:58:13 PM #8556 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:00:59 PM by Mewtwo2000
A small not important 'bug' I found. You know, importing models now considers the bones and such so the normals are okay when rigged and such. That seems to be great, and the previewer previews the models with the normals in-game. The 'bug' is, when exporting, something is different to before, and when you import back something you've exported, the normals get inverted, and they're like in the previous versions. I mean, exporting inverts something that should not be inverted, and when imported back, it's inverted.

Not a big deal, cause exporting the same thing again, and importing it back, re-fixes it. That's what happens when you invert something that's already inverted, you get the non-inverted thing again.

Amazing work by the way, just downloaded it and starting to look what this baby can do now :3

EDIT: Coming to thing about it, this is just perfect for those who already have wrong normals in their models, they only need to extract their model and import it back, and a few brawlbox adjustements. No 3dsmax needed, so it's even a nice bug xD
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

So, how do you convert between MDL0 versions?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

January 29, 2012, 03:20:40 PM #8558 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:24:08 PM by KnightMario
Can you please fix my problem?
And this started yesterday BEFORE I used the non-beta.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

January 29, 2012, 05:50:30 PM #8559 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:51:44 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Skyward Grounder on January 29, 2012, 01:31:01 PM
Love the new Brawlbox :D
And I'm glad you put my STPM notes to use, now it's fully supported! (Just need to figure out the rest of the values now).

Also in the SCN0 (main part) I think Unknown3 = loop, because when I see files having more than 1 frame, Unknown3 equals 1, otherwise 0. (Don't take me on the word though, it's just a suggestion).

Also, I have an idea for Flags: What about turning them into a list of checkboxes instead? It would be easier to check/uncheck flags that way.



It was actually a combo of m22k's and your notes that I used. Unk3 probably is loop. And which flags?

Quote from: KnightMario on January 29, 2012, 03:20:40 PM
Can you please fix my problem?
And this started yesterday BEFORE I used the non-beta.


Maybe you should check to see if your SD card is locked or out of memory first.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on January 29, 2012, 03:09:37 PM
So, how do you convert between MDL0 versions?

Highlight the MDL0 and change the version number.
Only 8, 9, 10 & 11 are supported, so if you enter any other number it will default to 9.

Quote from: frostymm on January 29, 2012, 07:12:14 AM
Tried to export a brawl mdl0 and replace another one with it and it just don't work man. You save it or try to view the model and brawlbox just breaks. I tried putting Lucas' over Ikes.

I had to go back to an older version to make it work.

Ok, I'll try replacing an mdl0 myself.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on January 29, 2012, 02:58:13 PM
A small not important 'bug' I found. You know, importing models now considers the bones and such so the normals are okay when rigged and such. That seems to be great, and the previewer previews the models with the normals in-game. The 'bug' is, when exporting, something is different to before, and when you import back something you've exported, the normals get inverted, and they're like in the previous versions. I mean, exporting inverts something that should not be inverted, and when imported back, it's inverted.

Not a big deal, cause exporting the same thing again, and importing it back, re-fixes it. That's what happens when you invert something that's already inverted, you get the non-inverted thing again.

Amazing work by the way, just downloaded it and starting to look what this baby can do now :3

EDIT: Coming to thing about it, this is just perfect for those who already have wrong normals in their models, they only need to extract their model and import it back, and a few brawlbox adjustements. No 3dsmax needed, so it's even a nice bug xD

Lol guess I forgot to apply the rotation matrix to the normals on export...
But if it's a good bug, I can leave it XD

January 29, 2012, 05:54:10 PM #8560 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:00:22 PM by Tcll
who edits data off an SD :srs:
I learned my lesson when my SD blew on me ;_;

I still can't repeat what I did on that... T.T

EDIT:
dagnit... posted w/o asking my Q DX

in the shader data, there are Texture Clamps and Texture Matrices...
(shaders handle textures, not materials)

anyways...
I'm having a problem with the structures...
I think I'm right with the texture clamps as the data seems to fit perfectly:

Angle = f32()
MaxX = f32()
MaxY = f32()
MinX = f32()
MinY = f32()

data reads look like:
Angle,MaxX,MaxY,MinX,MinY = 0,2,2,0,0

but the texture matrices are another story...
what's the structure for 1 of them??
(IK there's 8 (just like the clamps))

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: SeriousPhatage on January 29, 2012, 12:15:49 PMAgain, great job with BrawlBox. Is there any way I can preview texture animations?

Not yet.

January 29, 2012, 05:56:41 PM #8562 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:58:50 PM by Alses
Goshdarnit... Saving motion.pacs isn't working on the new version either, except instead of saying the given key wasn't present in the dictionary it just stops working... Why, why does brawlbox hate me for wanting to mess with animations? =P

Edit: Not modifying inside my SD card BTW...
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

Ok, I just tested replacing an mdl0 with another mdl0 and had no problems.
Also tested saving a motionetc.pac with animation edits and had no problems there either.

January 29, 2012, 06:12:03 PM #8564 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:13:17 PM by Tcll
Quote from: Tcll on January 29, 2012, 05:54:10 PM
in the shader data, there are Texture Clamps and Texture Matrices...
(shaders handle textures, not materials)

anyways...
I'm having a problem with the structures...
I think I'm right with the texture clamps as the data seems to fit perfectly:

Angle = f32()
MaxX = f32()
MaxY = f32()
MinX = f32()
MinY = f32()

data reads look like:
Angle,MaxX,MaxY,MinX,MinY = 0,2,2,0,0

but the texture matrices are another story...
what's the structure for 1 of them??
(IK there's 8 (just like the clamps))
IK you have a busy thread BJ...
so I'm reposting my Q so you don't have to scroll down ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.