Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Well at least I don't have that saving problem!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ok, somebody needs to tell me exactly what they're doing and check everything for me to fix this "saving error" that I've NEVER come across. :srs:
1. Where are you saving to?
2. Is the location locked or out of memory?
3. What did you do to the motion file?
4. Have you tried save as?
5. What's the file you're editing?
6. What models are you editing?
7. What other files are in the files?

I need to know everything. Simply "it doesn't work" doesn't cut it :srs:

Quote from: Carnage on January 30, 2012, 12:00:21 AM
i dont think thats how it works since if there is a battle of four snakes only one snake pac file will be loaded on the wii since they share the same fitsnake.pac i dont think brawl developers would make the wii charge 4 files exactly equal

That's a good point.... I'll rephrase: Some character have higher file size limits than others, and if 4 separate characters have filesize limits over 20 (random number) then what harm is there in letting other characters having bigger filesize limits?


By the way BJ, I've had that error too. It mostly happens when a file is still being used in another program or Brawlbox, or if I marked the file for read-only. It's an error outside of Brawlbox, it correlates to the actual file and where it's being used.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 30, 2012, 12:37:31 AMBy the way BJ, I've had that error too. It mostly happens when a file is still being used in another program or Brawlbox, or if I marked the file for read-only. It's an error outside of Brawlbox, it correlates to the actual file and where it's being used.

Exactly. It's not a Brawlbox problem.

There was this one time where the only way I could save was by using "Save As" to save under a different name.

Then again, I don't remember when that stopped happening, so I'm not much help here.....


*sigh* you know...
you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc and click on the processes tab to see if there's any programs running that shouldn't be running :srs:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

here was my saving issue....

replaced model with my DAE, everything imported fine... once i tried to save, i got an error... but it only does it from time to time.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Oh you guys...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Nymph on January 30, 2012, 12:50:14 AM
here was my saving issue....

replaced model with my DAE, everything imported fine... once i tried to save, i got an error... but it only does it from time to time.

Quick suggestion from an idiot for now...
Just create a new BRESS and import everything from scratch if it's a DAE import.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on January 30, 2012, 01:21:30 AM
Quick suggestion from an idiot for now...
Just create a new BRESS and import everything from scratch if it's a DAE import.
lol i dont do that, and i rather not do that.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

January 30, 2012, 03:01:06 AM #8634 Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:07:46 AM by ramonM64
that saving problem i think is mostly the user over brawlbox. it wont let you save over the file if its a bad file. its happened a couple of times when either..


  • saving a .pac with texture palettes unassigned, it wouldnt let me save over it or preview the MDL0
  • saving with unneeded texture palettes (delete the ones you dont need, C18 format textures always NEED one)
  • importing textures in a improper texture, same thing as above
  • imported texture's file size is too big
  • not having the "+" open on the MLD0, i usualy get that reference not set to a object error if its not open. (maybe havin the + open doesnt effect anything but it usualy works better that way)

if you JUST saved the .pac and you try to close the brawlbox, it might ask if you want to save the file (weird). thats when yer probaly savin a bad file. i start with a new .pac if this happens over and over. its random sometimes too, i replace the brawl character's MLD0 with a .DAE and i get that reference not set to object error. so i replace it again (with the + open on the MLD0) and then i dont get that error and it works.. yuuup.. random errors     u_O

ultimately.. i think its the user since there are some people that get the errors more often than others. any little thing set wrong could tick brawlbox off. and i think since theres is no proper tutorial yet, many dont know what the duck theyre doing

Here's an example of what I think is a bad file. It works in Brawl and I can edit it with v0.63, but it crashes when trying to edit things (not sure if it's the MDL0 or CHR0 that is to blame) on any newer version.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4vtvv14f5g5jk5y
Would something like this work if I re-did the MDL0 and CHR0 from scratch?

i also had a saving glitch if we add a csp/animation or whatever and fast click on saving it shows  xxxx no on dictionary or something if you wait 2 seconds and save again it will save properly this happened when i was editing csp  and clicked to fast aon save after adding the last one but it isnt a deal i learned how to avoid it i must wai 2-3 seconds after modifiing a file before saving
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I have miss alot now lol

but does this version make perfect metal texture? I know the autometal texture is gone but still, it is possible?

Stupid Tinypic :C

The saving problem told in earlier posts already happened with the previous betas at some times. It's not new, and don't remember the cause, but I suppose it was due to brawlbox changing something not supposed to be changed, or trying to save something that's already in use by some other program. Not sure though, but I'm sure it's not always happening, nor important enough to care about.

Some fix I would suggest would be related to the previewer. If you don't expand the model, nor have previewed it previously, you get a previewing error. So, just force it to update the memory or whatever everytime you click on preview, just before the previewing itself.

Not a big deal though, it doesn't crash or anything, it's only a little annoying.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Can't load hurtboxes with the latest BBox: