Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xiggah on February 10, 2012, 03:11:14 AM
I thought there might have been some more picky settings like the .DAE export, from Y/Z flip to Quad/Triangles and such.

I guess, but I'd rather spend my time improving the model previewer than code a few little things like that.


I'd like to take the time to randomly point out that for model imports, keep the default shader and change the color node's color to 100, 100, 100, Alpha = 255. That makes the model not so bright in-game.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 10, 2012, 03:35:02 AM
I'd like to take the time to randomly point out that for model imports, keep the default shader and change the color node's color to 100, 100, 100, Alpha = 255. That makes the model not so bright in-game.
u should change that for ze next BB release
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Hey blackjack, I have a very serious and very quick question that should be easy to answer.

With the DAE importer, does it matter where the DAE came from before being imported into max?

Say like I make an original character in Daz 3D Studio, export said character as a DAE file, and import it into max.

would said import work in brawlbox too?

Quote from: Naruto200Man on February 10, 2012, 06:40:50 AM
Hey blackjack, I have a very serious and very quick question that should be easy to answer.

With the DAE importer, does it matter where the DAE came from before being imported into max?

Say like I make an original character in Daz 3D Studio, export said character as a DAE file, and import it into max.

would said import work in brawlbox too?
i can answer that easily... xD

but yes, doing it like that will work... even tho it might have some vertex issue's in 3ds max and would need fixing..
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8™ on February 10, 2012, 06:55:54 AM
i can answer that easily... xD

but yes, doing it like that will work... even tho it might have some vertex issue's in 3ds max and would need fixing..

What sort of vertex issues are we talking about?
And would they be easy to fix?

Cause I'm making a very nice-looking OC who I'm hoping will be of interest.

Quote from: Naruto200Man on February 10, 2012, 06:58:37 AM
What sort of vertex issues are we talking about?
And would they be easy to fix?

Cause I'm making a very nice-looking OC who I'm hoping will be of interest.
wat kind... im not exactly sure, but u can give it a shot
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 10, 2012, 03:35:02 AM
I'd like to take the time to randomly point out that for model imports, keep the default shader and change the color node's color to 100, 100, 100, Alpha = 255. That makes the model not so bright in-game.

You know, if you announced these things inside Brawlbox I bet people would listen...

Yeah, a tips prompt would be nice.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 10, 2012, 03:35:02 AM
I'd like to take the time to randomly point out that for model imports, keep the default shader and change the color node's color to 100, 100, 100, Alpha = 255. That makes the model not so bright in-game.
Er, it's not letting me edit the color value. Is it the color array thing, or am I looking in the wrong place?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on February 10, 2012, 11:26:16 AM
Er, it's not letting me edit the color value. Is it the color array thing, or am I looking in the wrong place?
Color Array, in the color nodes. It should let you edit them when you click the textfield and open the array editor.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on February 10, 2012, 11:26:16 AM
Er, it's not letting me edit the color value. Is it the color array thing, or am I looking in the wrong place?
Quote from: Xiggah on February 10, 2012, 11:28:45 AM
Color Array, in the color nodes. It should let you edit them when you click the textfield and open the array editor.
im having the same issue 404 is having... its not letting me edit it either
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Material tool lets you globally edit them, only that the values are in hex... You would need to put 646464 in the color box, and press enter.

Anyway, about this:

Quote from: DSX8™ on February 10, 2012, 03:37:20 AM
u should change that for ze next BB release

Better not. Standard is 128, and should be kept like that. If certain characters are too bright, you can edit their textures to make them darker, or manually edit those color values to 100 or lower values. But not change the default.

Make the colors editable if they aren't yet (that's a really quick fix for sure) and let people edit them easily. But don't change the standard color when importing.

Anyway, a side effect of lowering the color values for the character is that the metal texture gets darker too. I mean, darker than other characters, when you compare them. I'm sure there's some way to darken just a little the materials by editing the shaders, cause my Mewtwo trophy looks slighly darker when a trophy shader is used instead of a character one. And changing the shader doesn't affect the metal texture, cause that one uses a different shader.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 10, 2012, 12:58:43 PM
Material tool lets you globally edit them, only that the values are in hex... You would need to put 646464 in the color box, and press enter.

Anyway, about this:

Better not. Standard is 128, and should be kept like that. If certain characters are too bright, you can edit their textures to make them darker, or manually edit those color values to 100 or lower values. But not change the default.

Make the colors editable if they aren't yet (that's a really quick fix for sure) and let people edit them easily. But don't change the standard color when importing.

Anyway, a side effect of lowering the color values for the character is that the metal texture gets darker too. I mean, darker than other characters, when you compare them. I'm sure there's some way to darken just a little the materials by editing the shaders, cause my Mewtwo trophy looks slighly darker when a trophy shader is used instead of a character one. And changing the shader doesn't affect the metal texture, cause that one uses a different shader.
hmm i see, that does make much better sense to me now since u mentioned that... lol. well then... darken or lighten textures it is then!
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady