Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: dekupk5 on February 11, 2012, 06:24:03 PM
I see now, the problem is when I save a file with a or import a pat0/texture pattern.
Does brawl box .65 have support with pat0 files? Its not working for me.

No, it doesn't atm.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 11, 2012, 06:09:41 PM
I look out for the compression issue you guys are having... >.>

Thanks, I'll fix it right away.

Nah, practically every Brawl character has at least one bone turned 180 deg. Sonic is no exception.

What other character has his arm rotated? cuz thats the annoying fact about sonic, other characters may have a leg rotated, but they all share that leg rotation...

Quote from: jokekid on February 11, 2012, 07:11:11 PM
What other character has his arm rotated? cuz thats the annoying fact about sonic, other characters may have a leg rotated, but they all share that leg rotation...

ZSS', Ike's and Marth's right arm (well, the shoulder bone actually, but same thing).


Quote from: jokekid on February 11, 2012, 07:11:11 PM
What other character has his arm rotated? cuz thats the annoying fact about sonic, other characters may have a leg rotated, but they all share that leg rotation...

Yes: Every character's right shoulder bone (named RShoulderN or RCollarN) and RLegJ bone is rotated 180. It's for animation purposes.

February 11, 2012, 07:52:12 PM #8960 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:03:07 PM by BlackJax96
Okay, here's how the new model previewer will look. I'm restructuring it to be more dynamic, easier to use and to be able to have more room for new file types when they need an editor.

There will be a graph of the right side popout menu with a row for each bone and its checkbox and a column for every frame. The graph will have a vertical and horizontal scrollbar and the popout will be resizable. The animation list will be moved to the left popout, where the bone list was.

There will be a keyframe point at the column and row for the bone and frame the keyframe modifies and clicking the point to send its data to the editor.

The CHR0, SRT0, VIS0, PAT0, etc controls will dynamically show and hide on the bottom popout when you select an animation from the animation list, if the animation has the file type attached to it. There will be a new tangent editor and an interpolation graph that you can edit for CHR0s, SRT0s and SHP0s.

The new layout will probably need a lot of getting-used-to, but it's definitely going to be much better.

Quote from: LordNOaH on February 11, 2012, 07:30:59 PM
Have you labeled the materials1 values, or whatever you're calling them?  Do we know what they all do now?

Yeah, pretty much everything in the materials is known, except for the lighting section.
Shaders, which used to be materials2, is completely figured out.

I assume you have no screens yet?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 11, 2012, 07:58:28 PM
lolno, but I have started coding it.
Cool beans.

Sounds like this could be pretty neat :af:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


And I'll send you the move translation code sooner or later, see how you like it.









Thanks BJ, managed to finaly edit Skyward Swords models. I replaced the sword with a butter knife, hope it supports pat0 files soon.



Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 11, 2012, 09:42:27 PM
No problem, but I can't see the images. I don't have an account there :|
Although I probably should register there sometime anyway.

I'm actually trying to register there right now, but I have to wait for a moderator to approve my registration.... for some reason. At any rate they could possibly give more insight on a few file types?