Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Nico on April 09, 2012, 04:36:01 AM
I would but my freaking router turns off in 24 minutes, even though I can still use my computer until midnight or later (earlier?). :srs:

Because Nintendo tries to be as confusing as possible


Question to BJ or anyone who knows anything about Vis0: are they linked to Chr0 files in any way? I ask because I've been derping around with the Arwings from Lylat Cruise and it seems as though every time I edit the model animation in the slightest the Vis0 seems to not work properly.

Just curious.

@BJ: I call shananigans D:

but then again, my w-less connection disconnects for 30 mins at every 5 mins.
(it's alot more random than that) D:>

NTM I'm on my 400MHz compy with 384MB RAM
(yea, wanna talk about a hastle)

the CPU on my good compy blew up,
and I have yet to find my other 3 replacements :(
(the only thing worse than it's video-card blowing up) X(

yeh... I've had quite a time D:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

It's not a tornado guys, you can wait another 12 hours...  :)

will the tristripper even be in it?
If it is, what are the glitches? (u said it wasn't fully functional)

I edited mkw's effects with brawlbox!
because breft and reft are the SAME THING.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Hey BJ(or Niko?).
I heard my PAT0 rebuilder was corrupted. I was very sorry about it and made proper rebuilder.
If you haven't fixed the rebuilder,I will give you the source code. Even if the new code still has some bugs, you'll be able to find the point where it occurs because the new one is far plainer than the old one.

Quote from: KnightMario on April 09, 2012, 12:20:36 PM
will the tristripper even be in it?
Quote from: Nico on April 09, 2012, 02:47:55 AM
Quote from: Segtendo Sakuraba on April 09, 2012, 02:46:12 AM
It's probably been asked a million times, but is the tristripper gonna be fully functional for .66?
No...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


 :srs:
I said was it going to be in it at all. and I ALSO SAID that I knew he said that, so I wanted to know if the tristripper would be glitchy but STILL IN IT. quote the whole post this time.
are you going to fix the object importer, because certain models when I try to use the import object the error object reference not set to an instance of an object shows up. I'll send you the model if you want.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on April 09, 2012, 01:43:16 PM
:srs:
I said was it going to be in it at all. and I ALSO SAID that I knew he said that, so I wanted to know if the tristripper would be glitchy but STILL IN IT. quote the whole post this time.
are you going to fix the object importer, because certain models when I try to use the import object the error object reference not set to an instance of an object shows up. I'll send you the model if you want.
i believe he's taking it out until its fully functional, just like he did with the PMD importer, and other stuff


Quote from: Bero on April 09, 2012, 01:15:38 PM
Hey BJ(or Niko?).
I heard my PAT0 rebuilder was corrupted. I was very sorry about it and made proper rebuilder.
If you haven't fixed the rebuilder,I will give you the source code. Even if the new code still has some bugs, you'll be able to find the point where it occurs because the new one is far plainer than the old one.
BJ has already fixed it, so i dont think he needs it... but u could still give it to him and see who's is better
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I still haven't figured out the problem with SHP0. No stable release until it works. :srs:

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on April 09, 2012, 05:13:32 AM
Question to BJ or anyone who knows anything about Vis0: are they linked to Chr0 files in any way? I ask because I've been derping around with the Arwings from Lylat Cruise and it seems as though every time I edit the model animation in the slightest the Vis0 seems to not work properly.

Just curious.

Well if you add/remove a frame to/from the CHR0 with v0.65c it will add/remove one to/from the VIS0, but it won't do any changes to other animations without your permission in v0.66.

Quote from: Bero on April 09, 2012, 01:15:38 PM
Hey BJ(or Niko?).
I heard my PAT0 rebuilder was corrupted. I was very sorry about it and made proper rebuilder.
If you haven't fixed the rebuilder,I will give you the source code. Even if the new code still has some bugs, you'll be able to find the point where it occurs because the new one is far plainer than the old one.

You shouldn't have worried about it, I fixed it up and now it works perfectly. It's not a big deal though, PhantomWings wasn't detailed enough about the flags for each texture and exactly how to use them. I had to figure that out myself :/ You can still send me your source if you want.

Quote from: KnightMario on April 09, 2012, 12:20:36 PM
will the tristripper even be in it?
If it is, what are the glitches? (u said it wasn't fully functional)

I edited mkw's effects with brawlbox!
because breft and reft are the SAME THING.

lolno :srs: lolfail

Quote from: KnightMario on April 09, 2012, 01:43:16 PM
:srs:
I said was it going to be in it at all. and I ALSO SAID that I knew he said that, so I wanted to know if the tristripper would be glitchy but STILL IN IT. quote the whole post this time.
are you going to fix the object importer, because certain models when I try to use the import object the error object reference not set to an instance of an object shows up. I'll send you the model if you want.

lolfail why would I include something that would always throw an error, allowing everyone to complain and ask me why it throws an error, only to recieve the answer "it doesn't freaking work yet" and lolno :srs:

lolfailno :srs:

So much lolfail

Quote from: Nico on April 09, 2012, 05:59:22 PM
Well if you add/remove a frame to/from the CHR0 with v0.66 it will add/remove one to/from the VIS0, but it won't do any changes to other animations without your permission in v0.66.

That's good, I hope that fixes my issues, I was merely adding a keyframe in the middle to keep the Arwing from flying through the Great Fox. >_>

Kthanks.

I wanted to know, does the next version of Brawlbox can edit the SFX?

Quote from: KTH on April 09, 2012, 07:31:50 PMI wanted to know, does the next version of Brawlbox can edit the SFX?
No

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


I believe I have figured out why SuperMario64DS on the MKWii forum could not load BRRES files created with CTools in BrawlBox. Textures that do not have dimensions that are powers of 2 look glitchy in MKWii, and any BRRES with such textures (which CTools can create) seems to crash BrawlBox. Is this a known requirement in the Brawl community?