Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BigOto2 on April 09, 2012, 07:49:38 PM
I believe I have figured out why SuperMario64DS on the MKWii forum could not load BRRES files created with CTools in BrawlBox. Textures that do not have dimensions that are powers of 2 look glitchy in MKWii, and any BRRES with such textures (which CTools can create) seems to crash BrawlBox. Is this a known requirement in the Brawl community?

Well it's required for Brawl as well but it shouldn't crash Brawlbox because Brawlbox can create a texture with any dimensions too.

Anyway I fixed the SHP0 bug (had to change an "H" to "h" :srs:) but I need to program a few small things in before release.

glad to hear you've made progress BJ :D

I'm almost finished with my COMMON module as well :)
(I flipped the table on the error system)
^gonna have to deal with crashing until I figure out how to implement it >_<

anyways, here's what I get with StructArr():

0-struct:
[[255, 600], [128, 400], [180, 255], [0, 16]]

count:
[[255], [128], [180], [16]]

stop-struct:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Tcll\Desktop\Struct test.py", line 18, in <module>
    print StructArr(['bu32','bu8','bu8'],['*',255,'*'])
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Tcll\Desktop\COMMON.py", line 287, in StructArr
    WS(Template,S) #write structs
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Tcll\Desktop\COMMON.py", line 264, in WS
    else: __Term(Tm,v)
IndexError: list index out of range


I think I just have to do the same thing I did to the 0-struct code XD
I'll let you know of any progress ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Also, would a texture with a dimension bigger than 1024 crash BrawlBox? I know they crash MKWii and I accidentally let one slip in the BRRES that crashed it, lol.

New problem: I can't save after replacing any animations. :srs:

Quote from: BigOto2 on April 09, 2012, 08:07:46 PM
Also, would a texture with a dimension bigger than 1024 crash BrawlBox? I know they crash MKWii and I accidentally let one slip in the BRRES that crashed it, lol.

Yeah.

Quote from: Nico on April 09, 2012, 08:17:15 PM
New problem: I can't save after replacing any animations. :srs:
That's just :srs:
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus


Quote from: Nico on April 09, 2012, 08:59:55 PM
It appears to have fixed itself.  :>.>:
O RLY? :notimp:
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

I hate it when that happens, hope it doesn't return like I'm sure it would to me!

Quote from: Nico on April 09, 2012, 08:59:55 PM
It appears to have fixed itself.  :>.>:
So weird how an error fixes itself :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


So it just wasn't saving files that had PAT0s in them.
I was like ¿que es esto? And I figured out that the PAT0 nodes weren't initialized, meaning the strings had a reference count of 0, meaning they weren't built into the string table, meaning it wouldn't save right.
But I fixed it.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Nico on April 09, 2012, 10:04:26 PM
¿que es esto?

I laughed after reading that and almost choked on my dinner.

Thanks a lot. :srs:

Glad you got it saving though. Here have a reward

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yay burritos are amazing
I can also confirm that the unknown value in SRT0 is Scale X and the current scale value is Scale Y. Don't know why they're separated in the flags but they are so w/e.

when do you think the new brawlbox comes out?
next weekend?
2 weeks?
I´m totally hyped :)

Quote from: DJ Lowgey on April 09, 2012, 10:19:58 PM
when do you think the new brawlbox comes out?
next weekend?
2 weeks?
I´m totally hyped :)

In approximately 9,060 seconds or something like that