Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Xetan2's Project Page: Kid Krillin abandoned, secret project announced!  (Read 19838 times)
xetan2
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: January 06, 2011, 12:32:40 AM »

Welcome to Xetan2's projects page, I have recently decided I wanted to come back to the brawl modding scene.  I've been gone for a while, and I'm not well known for anyone to have even cared that I was gone, because the one and only project I started I didn't even finish, and I was brand new to it all.  I have officially decided I'm giving up on Kid Krillin, I *may* return to him someday if I get better at all this, but for now I'm starting a brand new project, and for now, I will keep that in the dark.  I am offering anyone who wants to continue Krillin where I left off to take him and do as you please, just contact me if you decide you want him.

Renji Abarai!
I apologize for the lack of updates, I realized when I started this project that I don't have my copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl at the moment, I had lent it to a buddy of mine, so I can't exactly post pictures of anything in game, as soon as I get it back and I test everything out, I will post pictures.

Kid Krillin project page
Hello!  Welcome to my Project Krillin page.  This is my first hack or mod, whatever you want to call it (I've seen people dispute whether it'd be a hack or mod, so you decide haha) I'm almost brand new to modding brawl, and have already decided I wanted to import a model from a different game, seeing that the kid goku project appears to have come to a stop.  If it hasn't, then I'm sorry, I just haven't seen an update for it.  That's besides the point, My project is to actually import KRILLIN from the dragonball series into brawl, seeing he's not as OP as Goku is, he could fit into a Brawl just fine in my opinion.

The Team.
xetan2  (me) - Over all Project leader, Model Rip,  Animation rip, Custom Animations, Alt costumes, Move-set ideas.

Alternate Costumes Made! Plus a few custom animations!
(see spoiler for pictures and details)

Blue Krillin  (showing off the front view of my custom destructo disk custom animation)

Green Krillin (Showing off the wait animation)

Purple Krillin (Showing off the run animation)

Yellow Krillin (Showing off the falling animation)

White Krillin (Showing off the Dash attack animation)

CUSTOM ANIMATION PICTURES!

Solar Flare!

Destructo disc! (1) Mario's stupid cape is in the way so I posted multple pictures of it

Destructo disc! (2) I really hate that dumb cape.

Destructo disc! (3) DUMB CAPE!

Update: 12/14: Krillin has been ported to Mario.  All animations included, with a couple extras added.
Update 12/15: Started working on a PSA haven't tested it in game yet, so I don't know if I even did it right, I'm still learning the basics.  Starting tomorrow, Friday, 12/17/2010, I'm getting together with a buddy of mine who is very interested in my project Krillin! and wants to help animate seeing that I'm not very good with it.  Every time I try to animate I ALWAYS get some sort of polygon stretching issues...  So he's going to help me out Smiley
Update 12/16:   Hexed a lot more animations from the other game, working on making a video to post.
Update 12/27:  I have hexed even more animations out of DBROKP, and A lot of them are duplicates and whatever else, so I think I'm going to stop hexing out animations unless I find one in videos that I really want to use.  Starting later tonight I'm going to be working on custom animations with my buddy, so there should be a nice update coming tomorrow.  Ok so, I found out that the videos made on the actual game are not videos themselves, but coding to recreate the fight, so I don't know how I'm going to go about making a video without it being a crappy video camera to the tv video....
Update 1/4/2011:I made the alternate costumes for krillin, added in a couple more animations that I found, and downloaded a new brawlbox which makes custom animations easier to do and I've been working on a few of them.
Update 1/6/2011: Finally made my first custom animation that I'm not completely ashamed of!  Kangaroogreen fixed up almost all of the glitches found in Krillin as well! Cheesy  Will post new pictures of glitch free costumes, and post the new animation I made for Destructo disc Smiley  Once I complete a few more custom animations I will release a beta of him for people to test him out on.  After that I will finish making some custom animations and start on a PSA but if anyone else is interested in doing Krillin's PSA that'd be amazing, being that I'm finally actually getting places with this character.
Update 1/14/2011:  I'm having a hard time right now updating Krillin being I'm working solo on it, and I'm running low on ideas and how to incorporate them, so I thought of a new idea, for now I'm going to take a small (Week or 2 break) on Krillin and release A BETA that's right, a very early BETA of Krillin is released now.  I want any and ALL feedback for him.  I am still gladly looking for team members, if I can get some people to add to my one man team, I would EASILY come back and work on him more, but for now I need a break.  So here he is.
Update 1/25/2011: I wasn't given any of the feedback I wanted, I got one person to give me feedback, which was greatly appreciated, and I will incorporate it into Krillin.  If anyone else would like to test Krillin out and give me feedback, I will PM you thelink but that's it, Krillin is no longer available to the public anymore.

Moveset Ideas

Moveset Ideas

Ground attacks-
Jab- Right hand jab - Has animation

Jab 2- left hand jab - has animation

Jab 3- right foot kick - has animation

Dash attack- dashes and kicks with left foot. - has animation

Dtilt-

Ftilt-

UpTilt-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smash attacks

Forward smash:

Down smash:

Up smash: Upper Cut with his right hand. - has animation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Air attacks
D air:

U air

F air:

B air:

N air:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Moves

Neautral B - Kamehameha

Up-B-

Down B- Solar Flair

Side B - Destructo Disc - CUSTOM animation made Cheesy by me! Cheesy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grabs-

Pummel:

Back throw:

Fthrow:

Upthrow:

Dthrow:

A work in progress, will update as I think of more ideas.

INPUT WELCOME

Things I need done!

The textures for Krillin show up funny in game, and has the same graphical glitches that Goku had.   FIXED by Kangaroogreen Cheesy Still turns black when hit though...

I need to either attempt to make or find someone who is willing to make custom animations for the animations I wasn't able to rip from the game.

Remove the power pole from certain animations.

Special Thanks to
KangarooGreen - Glitch fixing!!! Cheesy Cheesy Thanks again man!
Wacka Alpaca - For his amazing MDL0 and hexing Import tutorial
scorcher9910 - Helping me figure out how to add the textures.
Ronaldmcdonald - Helping me figure out how to add the textures.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 05:23:04 PM by xetan2 » Logged

Beyond
♥God of Love
Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:49:56 AM »

Your new to Brawl hacking and the first thing you do is start a model import project? Wow. lol

Well, good luck with this. I would help but this aint my forté.

xetan2
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:56:23 AM »

Well, I figured out I learn pretty quickly, the only thing I will have true problems with is PSA work.  I have been working on this project for quite some time as seen by the update section in my posts.  I've learned the essentials for animation and have made a few custom animations myself.  They're probably not the smoothest of animations, but I feel that if people see how much work I'm actually putting into this they might be willing to give me a hand and maybe help smooth some of the animations out and work with me on this project.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 11:04:59 AM »

This is good to see!  It's nice to see someone with a bit of ambition and originality for once (note like loads of other people for there first hack who just do some bad retexture of something that's already in the vault).

Krillin is one of my favourite DBZ characters as well, so I wish you the best of luck with this Smiley

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 12:10:05 PM »

Wow a Krillin PSA =) who will he be over?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 12:18:40 PM »

Update: 12/14: Krillin has been ported to Mario.  All animations included, with a couple extras added.

This answer your question?

xetan2
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 12:44:54 PM »

This is good to see!  It's nice to see someone with a bit of ambition and originality for once (note like loads of other people for there first hack who just do some bad retexture of something that's already in the vault).

Krillin is one of my favourite DBZ characters as well, so I wish you the best of luck with this Smiley
    Thank you, I really appreciate the support!  I thought about doing the whole retexture someone as my first project, but I decided I didn't want to waste my time on something that won't really contribute much to brawl.  I wanted a brand new original character to brawl.  Seeing that the Kid Goku project had already been started, but has since died (At least I haven't seen any progress)  I wanted Krilllin, whom is also my favorite character from the db/z/gt series.

Being such a Krillin fan, you are more than welcome to help with PSA and custom animations if you'd like Tongue Smiley haha

Yes Krillin is in the works Smiley  Also just to clarify, yes, he will be over mario.

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 12:58:22 PM »

I support this 100%. Goku vs Krillin....cant wait!

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
    Central Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 01:37:32 PM »

Oh kool he's over mario. It's too bad that other guy didn't finish his Goku

xetan2
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 12:38:28 PM »

Depending how this project turns out, and how popular it is, I might take up and make my own version of Kid Goku.  I'm not sure though, I have other ideas for future hacks to make.  I should have a small update sometime today to go along with Krillin.

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 04:14:24 PM »

Kid Goku AND Krillin?
    AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face Awesome Face Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face
     AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face Awesome Face Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Happy Face

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
    Central Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

xetan2
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 08:28:17 PM »

Well that update I planned to release today will not be released, I'm having difficulties with it.  So I'm going to put the surprise on hold and continue working on the actual character Krillin, and release his surprise later.

Yes, Kid Goku AND Krillin.  Krillin first though, to maybe try to spark up the old Kid Goku project to be continued, that'd be awesome.

xetan2
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »

BUMP

BETA RELEASED!

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 05:36:56 PM »

Alright, downloading. ^_^
    I'll edit this post with feedback.

Okay then, here we go.....
    Walking animations: Mid and Fast are too fast, and slow doesn't move at all.
    AAA: Good, effective moves.
    Side Smash: It's alright, but it doesn't have the whole pole's range, it stops midway. Also maybe change the sound effect and the flag.
    Side tilt: Make the power pole disappear and it's fine.
    Up smash: It's alright, but he teleports forward a t
    ad too far. Also make the power pole disappear.
    Down Smash: Maybe increase the range a tad.
    Crouching: Make the power pole disappear.
    D-Air: Change the SFX and edit the collisions, it hits too many times.
    Rest of the aerials are fine.
    Also note that he sometimes freezes, like when I grabbed the ledge a couple times in a row.
    Pretty good for your first beta. ^_^

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 06:04:14 PM by Fliptocat » Logged

xetan2
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 06:31:02 PM »

Alright, downloading. ^_^
    I'll edit this post with feedback.

Okay then, here we go.....
    Walking animations: Mid and Fast are too fast, and slow doesn't move at all.
    AAA: Good, effective moves.
    Side Smash: It's alright, but it doesn't have the whole pole's range, it stops midway. Also maybe change the sound effect and the flag.
    Side tilt: Make the power pole disappear and it's fine.
    Up smash: It's alright, but he teleports forward a t
    ad too far. Also make the power pole disappear.
    Down Smash: Maybe increase the range a tad.
    Crouching: Make the power pole disappear.
    D-Air: Change the SFX and edit the collisions, it hits too many times.
    Rest of the aerials are fine.
    Also note that he sometimes freezes, like when I grabbed the ledge a couple times in a row.
    Pretty good for your first beta. ^_^

Thank you for your feedback, I knew I forgot to try and fix something before releasing the beta, I wanted to figure out the ledge thing, his animation shows him grabbing onto the ledge way too high and it freezes at times, I couldn't figure out how to do that.

The feedback is greatly appreciated though.  I will take this all into account.  The powerpole is not supposed to be there at all, those moves I forgot to remove when I was testing out Mastaklo's Kid Goku animations with Krillin see how compatible they were (Back when I was first just experimenting)  Anything to do with the Powerpole will be removed in the final product.

Come on, I've had 22 downloads of Krillin, and only 1 person post feedback so far... Sad  I want to improve him and give brawl a good character, but I can't without feedback

Pages:  [1] 2 3
    Print
    Jump to: