Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1837900 times)
mnsg
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1845 on: October 20, 2011, 11:34:05 AM »

I did have over 430 hacks on the Brawl Vault, but apparently the audio hack adjustments dropped my hack count to the 360's range.

Obviously, the adjustments have to be for a good cause if it's going to help reduce bandwidth usage.

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1846 on: October 20, 2011, 04:55:14 PM »

An error I got when I tried to do a search:
    Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 333

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 333

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 346

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 346

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 353

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 353

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 356

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 356

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 359

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/kcmm/forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlViewb.php on line 359

« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:56:42 PM by PAVGN » Logged

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog Heart Container RAGE!! Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1847 on: October 20, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »

HEY! What happend to the Advanced Search? It is saying "Nothing to Display" Below a bunch of weird links to somplace no matter what I search for. Does it have something to do with the Error that appeared the other day?

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

ピカノ
    THE catgirl fan
    Special Access

papersak's personal stalker

• Awards Famous Hacker Pin Collector Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1848 on: October 20, 2011, 10:29:13 PM »

HEY! What happend to the Advanced Search? It is saying "Nothing to Display" Below a bunch of weird links to somplace no matter what I search for. Does it have something to do with the Error that appeared the other day?

Whoops.

Forgot a commented line. Should work now.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1849 on: October 20, 2011, 10:57:48 PM »

Erm... two things.
    I can't switch pages on my own Brawlvault, and my total hacks isn't counting brstms.
    The total downloads does count them though, so I have a huge average downloads count XD

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1850 on: October 21, 2011, 01:41:05 AM »

and my total hacks isn't counting brstms.
    Correct, Picano announced that a page ago:

Brawl Vault Changes as of Oct 19

Audio hacks (Audio / SFX) separated out into separate table.

-May help decrease query times. (Separate table search of roughly 10k apiece instead 20k)

-Searches not specifically for Audio / SFX hacks will not return them. They will only be shown if they are selected from the graphical menu or from the dropdown in advanced search.

-May be buggy. I coded in some simple separate functions for Audio add/edit/delete/report and tested each... but there is always a chance for error.

This is only a temp solution, but it's the best I can offer right now. Brawl Vault is a hobby, not a job, and I have little time to devote to it --- even with the issues it current has.

If anyone has PHP / HTML / Javascript / SQL knowledge, and is willing to help out, please contact me. You don't need to do all of them... but some time in the future, the Vault needs...

-Redesign: Simply HTML template of what each individual hack looks like. (Someone else can make it dynamic)

-Query Optimization: My SQL queries / table setup is far from efficient considering the number of users...

-Javascript: Preferably, a redesign using jQuery's ajax functionality to make POST requests instead of my crap custom code.

-Back End: The PHP which ties all of it together needs some major re-organization for aesthetics and efficiency.

I can't switch pages on my own Brawlvault
    As in, you can just browse page 1 and 2 and nothing more? Cause i have 3-4 pages and i can only see page 1 and 2.. I can see page 3-4 when i edit the link from page=2 to page=3.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #1851 on: October 21, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »

...Wut?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23335

I can remove it myself.  This just made me go "wut"

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1852 on: October 21, 2011, 02:57:14 PM »

Correct, Picano announced that a page ago:
    As in, you can just browse page 1 and 2 and nothing more? Cause i have 3-4 pages and i can only see page 1 and 2.. I can see page 3-4 when i edit the link from page=2 to page=3.

Oh, I didn't know it affected the total hacks count and yeah I can only see page 1...
    I can add #Page=2 to go to the next page, but that's not really ideal.

Btw Picano, I know Javascript and HTML. I'd be willing to help you! Grin

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #1853 on: October 21, 2011, 03:01:05 PM »

Screen capped that report.  Dunno what the heck that dude was on.  I can assure everyone, there are no viruses.

Sacred Myth
    Expert Kitten

Patience is the key to sucess

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1854 on: October 22, 2011, 12:22:36 AM »

Screen capped that report.  Dunno what the heck that dude was on.  I can assure everyone, there are no viruses.

HAHA yeah i seen that, i was like wtf lmaoo

ピカノ
    THE catgirl fan
    Special Access

« Reply #1855 on: October 22, 2011, 12:59:39 PM »

Btw Picano, I know Javascript and HTML. I'd be willing to help you! Grin

Woo Cheesy

I'll get back to you on this once midterms are over. Some things will seem a bit intimidating (you don't even have to attempt them if you don't want), but the basic needs for html / js are...

(This bit should be relatively easy, as you don't really need to know what goes on behind the scenes)
    Redesign the 'hackEntry' div class.
    ---This is each hack's personal rectangle of information
    ---The current design was created solely with character hacks in mind. It would probably be best to design different templates for each type of hack / the data it primarily shows off (pictures, video / music previews, text explanations)
    ---If you can at least understand simply conditional structures, I can give you a copy of the current formatting PHP function (it's... a bit of a mess right now, but it should make sense if you look at a few real examples of each)
    -Just need something that looks good (since I'll have to go through and fill the stuff via PHP / SQL anyway)

(This is another one where you don't need to know too much behind-the-scenes stuff)
    Redesign menus
    -Not a high priority (to me at least)
    -Possibly make it more accessible to access stuff such as PSAs directly instead of lumping them in with texture hacks
    -If you can understand the current search / navigation parameters, you can actually set up the links... but otherwise I'll probably just have to go through and fix up the links
    -*Right now each link has an onclick function set up to make the standard link into an ajax call, this is one part where jQuery would cut down on a LOT of hardcoded html

(This bit would probably a more intricate knowledge of what is going on. I probably can speed through this once I have time)
    Make use of jQuery for all AJAX functionality
    -Approve / Delete / Download / Report as well as each bit of page navigation post to a DB page (only the page nav returns actual data, the visible html)
    -Currently, it's all pretty sloppily written custom code (most reused functions in hacks.js but some embedded into BrawlView.php)

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1856 on: October 22, 2011, 01:16:26 PM »

That is indeed intimidating. XD
    Just tell me things you want done one by one and I'll work on 'em.
    I can even start designing a template for each type of hack right now; that would be easy.
    You can also throw me some PHP code to look at. I learn fast.
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 01:18:11 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1857 on: October 23, 2011, 12:31:15 AM »

I submitted 4 songs to the vault, but may I ask where they go now and will they be added to my vault?

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

ピカノ
    THE catgirl fan
    Special Access

« Reply #1858 on: October 23, 2011, 11:00:44 AM »

I submitted 4 songs to the vault, but may I ask where they go now and will they be added to my vault?

They are added and you can find them in the vault. (If they've been approved / you have safe search off)

Thing is, calculating stats is a bit harder with how the thing is currently setup. Which... won't be changed until I have a day or two of free time.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1859 on: October 23, 2011, 12:07:01 PM »

They are added and you can find them in the vault. (If they've been approved / you have safe search off)

Thing is, calculating stats is a bit harder with how the thing is currently setup. Which... won't be changed until I have a day or two of free time.
    I don't think they have been approved yet...

Edit: Now they have...
    « Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:14:11 PM by Sorceress » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Pages:  1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: