Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Sorceress on October 23, 2011, 06:07:01 PM
I don't think they have been approved yet...

That's because no one can see audio hacks on the "Approve These" list.  You gotta add "&Vault=audio" to see them.  I just approved about two and half pages full of audio hacks (including your 4 songs) because of that.

Also, none of the songs had any downloads because no one knew that they had ever been uploaded.  This whole situation is getting very annoying.

I just found out that a hack (maybe hacks) that I didn't remove myself have been removed from the vault. Can anyone tell me why?
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Can we get the option to edit the "created By" field back? Brawl Vault doesn't like Ascii too much and When I goto edit my Submits it messes the name all up and I can't fix it.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Kit Ballard on October 24, 2011, 05:47:43 AM
Can we get the option to edit the "created By" field back? Brawl Vault doesn't like Ascii too much and When I goto edit my Submits it messes the name all up and I can't fix it.
Has been before, AGFanProductions abused it and Picano disabled it again.

Quote from: Puraidou on October 24, 2011, 06:49:21 AM
Has been before, AGFanProductions abused it and Picano disabled it again.
nerf.. then can a Mod fix my Submition then?
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Why does it do that?  :srs:
FC:4898-8419-2778

BrawlVault's coding doesn't like Ascii it seams and when it errors up, it make some funky symbles. But goto edit again, it'll screw up again by trying to make the ascii again but yah... it's a never ending cycle.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



October 24, 2011, 12:21:01 PM #1867 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 01:56:54 PM by ピカノ
Audio should now appear under 'approve this'.

For the rest of the fixes... you're all gonna have to wait until I actually have free time. Without sacrificing overall site usability, the Vault just can't go back to the way it was without a good day or two of solid recoding.

Quote from: Kit Ballard on October 24, 2011, 07:14:27 AM
BrawlVault's coding doesn't like Ascii it seams and when it errors up, it make some funky symbles. But goto edit again, it'll screw up again by trying to make the ascii again but yah... it's a never ending cycle.

This should be fixed now. Luckily, I ran into the issue on my Japanese study site.

EDIT: Just a quick tidbit of info for anyone interested in how the site runs....

Once midterms / major projects are out of the way, I plan to implement...

http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=319

With this, Brawl Vault will operate more like the forum itself. As in... instead of doing a count(*) query to retrieve a user's statistics, the statistics will be drawn from that person's profile data (of course, I have to modify the DB code to update the appropriate fields, which is the reason for the delay). This will make stat / sig queries substantially less intensive.


Just a little notice, but the ?ByUserID doesn't seem to work anymore.

If you try to access my Vault, you get the latest hacks.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

October 24, 2011, 02:31:43 PM #1869 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:43:50 PM by _Data_Drain_
Quote from: Miacis Ballard on October 24, 2011, 02:27:59 PM
Just a little notice, but the ?ByUserID doesn't seem to work anymore.

If you try to access my Vault, you get the latest hacks.
Yeah, I noticed that too... This really needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Edit: Already fixed? Huh... Nice!

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on October 24, 2011, 02:31:43 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too... This really needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

You act like it's the end of the world. Yet that glitch has been in there for precisely 45 minutes.


Quote from: PAVGN on October 23, 2011, 09:20:25 PM
I just found out that a hack (maybe hacks) that I didn't remove myself have been removed from the vault. Can anyone tell me why?
Which ones ?
If they were music hacks, you should have seen in the past few pages that they kinda have trouble showing up in some places ... (unless that is fixed too ?)

Quote from: ピカノ on October 24, 2011, 02:42:42 PM
You act like it's the end of the world. Yet that glitch has been in there for precisely 45 minutes.
Rofl.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: SJS on October 24, 2011, 12:20:28 AM
The Wiki button should be replaced with a button that links to picano's site since it's up there anyway.

Tired of vandalizing a wiki? Relax and check out picano's site!

Done. :P


Quote from: ピカノ on October 24, 2011, 03:13:57 PM
Done. :P
lol, I was surprised to see your name and Chain Chomp with Bomberman in between his teeth, when I got on. xD
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿