Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.



yeah...

besides that, if he´s having problems porting the stage, he shouldnt post that in a report, but in the help board
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

Quote from: SilentSchemer on December 05, 2011, 11:47:39 PM
Not sure if it has been issued, but submitted audio are not listed in the stats.
To be more accurate :
- The stats of the main BV page ... (wait, do regular members even have access to that, right now ?) do not count Audio hacks. But they count collaborative hacks.
- The stats in your Profile ... are the same as the one on the BV main page.
- The stats in your BV sig ... they do count music hacks. But they don't count collabs ! D:

So yeah, it's a bit of a mess. For giving out Contributor/DL-related awards, I generally take the highest of the two stats. Not really exact, but it's very rare when someone has a lot of both audio and collabs.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Coma on December 06, 2011, 07:53:09 PM

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23866
?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20091
not sure about this one though

I suggest we take away jasonvalle22's report privileges. He keeps making dumb reports like this, and I haven't seen him make one legitimate report.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]



I just generally have a problem with the way reports currently are handled.

Far too many times I've seen people reporting stuff on the vault when they shouldn't. For example, they report something because "one of the images is down" or "because it doesn't work with the SSS code because I'm too [censored] stupid to alter the hex of the supplied rel file".

Now it shouldn't be a problem for stuff to be reported, because the resource is still up for download, however, when I see a red background on something, I am less likely to actually check it out, seeing as, hey, something is wrong with it, so let's just skip that one.

Instead of showing the red background immediately at the first report, there should be a report queue instead. If somebody posts a report and it has been backed up by at least two other people, *perhaps* then it should show as red. Although, even then the reports could be unjust, so there should be someone to actually verify these reports, because, I mean, why do we even report these things at all? How are we sure these things don't actually work (anymore)?

Right now I'm not even going to post something on here because of people who use the report button as a comment section.

Most of the time, reports are simply a way to quickly warn the author of a hack (an automated PM is sent) of something wrong or something that he forgot to mention in his description.

Victory Badguy and Segtendo, as well as some of the forum staff, regularly check the reported  hacks and remove the ones that don't make any sense. If you find more of these reports that have escaped their trained eye, feel free to mention them here.
People who abuse the report system generally get their reporting rights removed after awhile, anyway.

As for the queue idea, our main coder, picano, is currently busy with IRL matters and already has more important priorities as far as coding is concerned.

And welcome here, btw.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: PAVGN on December 07, 2011, 12:05:40 AM
I suggest we take away jasonvalle22's report privileges. He keeps making dumb reports like this, and I haven't seen him make one legitimate report.
I stand by this.

He just can't seem to understand the BrawlVault rules of posting hacks and reporting hacks :srs:

I wonder if he's butthurt from not being able to submit to the Vault.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 07, 2011, 05:14:25 PMhttp://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24054 The user did not ask permission. Please remove this.
yeah please remove it since he also dont asked for use my model
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 07, 2011, 05:14:25 PM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24054
The user did not ask permission. Please remove this.

I also support this removal, since aspects of my Shadow PSA were also used here (as quite clearly shown from the first image).

Your wishes have been granted.
Hack gone.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Watch this ingrate for me. I've reported each of his Waluigi hacks twice already. He has the Waluigi PSA in each of the downloads and refuses to credit marioking and the rest of the creators.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24016
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24059
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on December 08, 2011, 01:56:29 AM
Watch this ingrate for me. I've reported each of his Waluigi hacks twice already. He has the Waluigi PSA in each of the downloads and refuses to credit marioking and the rest of the creators.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24016
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24059

Son of a [censored]!  That jackass removed my reports!

Oh don't worry.  I'll keep an eye on him.  If he removes any more reports, I'll send him a stern PM.  If that doesn't work, then I'll remove the hacks.