Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Victory Badguy on June 23, 2012, 02:46:55 AM
There needs to be a definite rule in the rule thread/section that specifically says "This is what you can/can't do in regards to hack packs on the Vault".  It might help clear up some confusion that newer users have.

I've already suggested this a few times.. -__-

But, seeing as you are more respected than I am here, people will listen to you, and we can actually get this done.

Quote from: Victory Badguy on June 23, 2012, 02:46:55 AM
You know what we need?  There needs to be a definite rule in the rule thread/section that specifically says "This is what you can/can't do in regards to hack packs on the Vault".  It might help clear up some confusion that newer users have.

I agree we need some sort of list and guidelines to submitting to the vault. I feel like the rules thread isn't specific enough.

May I also suggest a time stamp on reports? This can be useful for many things.
Skype: ASF1nk



http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27139&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Seems like *shudders* jasonvalle's at it again. :v Credit is given, but most likely permission was not granted.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on June 23, 2012, 05:18:01 PM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27139&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Seems like *shudders* jasonvalle's at it again. :v Credit is given, but most likely permission was not granted.
Well, it's not like there aren't already 30+ ports of Shadow over other characters.  I don't see why there can't be another one.


June 23, 2012, 07:26:47 PM #3725 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:36:19 PM by Victory Badguy
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on June 23, 2012, 07:25:07 PM
Link works fine: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27119
Yup.  Removed.

Edit: looks like there's a glitch in the Matrix because I'm getting some serious deja vu here.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27145

Quote from: Victory Badguy on June 23, 2012, 07:26:47 PM
Edit: looks like there's a glitch in the Matrix because I'm getting some serious deja vu here.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27145
He uploaded it again? :srs:

Quote from: -Hero- on June 23, 2012, 07:38:47 PM
He uploaded it again? :srs:
And it got deleted once again.  I even downloaded it and compared it to the one on the Vault to see if he changed it at all.  It was the EXACT SAME, except it came with an REL file for Shadow Moses.

Quote from: Victory Badguy on June 23, 2012, 07:26:47 PM
Edit: looks like there's a glitch in the Matrix because I'm getting some serious deja vu here.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27145
...

This is the third time he uploaded it and this is the third time we have to delete it...
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Back on topic let's get that list started...

1. No Plagiarism (needs a more concrete definition)
2. No Packs (except if it's all your own work)
3. No submitting images (some people submit images for other people to replace in the file)
4. No CSPs (use the CSP feature)
5. ????
etc. etc. etc. etc.

Skype: ASF1nk



June 23, 2012, 08:36:53 PM #3730 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:39:18 PM by Vyse
Quote from: ASF1nk on June 23, 2012, 08:11:52 PM
1. No Plagiarism (needs a more concrete definition)
It's easy to say that, but can you "concretely" define plagiarism in this situation? Are only exact copies considered plagiarism? Or are minor edits included? If so, at what point is an edit no longer "minor"?

The "I know it when I see it" approach is probably better here.

I mean, if you guys can agree on a concrete definition of plagiarism, fine. Great, even. We can use that. But I'm not expecting it.

Quote from: Vyse on June 23, 2012, 08:36:53 PM
It's easy to say that, but can you "concretely" define plagiarism in this situation? Are only exact copies considered plagiarism? Or are minor edits included? If so, at what point is an edit no longer "minor"?

I'm of the belief that minor edits should be allowed.  If we were to have a concrete definition, I'd say that plagiarism would be exact copies of existing hacks, like the thing I just deleted.  Debating about edits being "not enough" would be a nightmare to deal with and everyone would have their own opinion on how much needs to be edited for it to not be plagiarism.

June 23, 2012, 08:55:50 PM #3732 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:15:42 PM by Segtendo
My definition on plagiarism is taking someone elses work and not crediting them for using their work. Wouldn't that work? :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I think the current definition of plagiarism in the rules is good, but we should add that using someones works without permission and credit is also considered plagiarism.
Skype: ASF1nk



Quote from: Segtendo on June 23, 2012, 08:55:50 PMMy definition on plagiarism is taking someone elses work and not crediting them for using their work. Wouldn't that work? :srs:

I have no say in this, but this sounds just fine to me. I would also like to bring up what Vyse said before:

Quote from: Vyse on June 12, 2012, 09:19:50 PMDerivative works are not subject to deletion.

Once you put a hack out there, people have just as much of a right to mod it as they do to mod the original Brawl files.

Quote from: Vyse on June 13, 2012, 12:29:11 AMIt's not a question of "permission." It is ridiculous to complain about "permission" when we've been editing Nintendo's work for years and are now, with model importing, taking the work of other companies, e.g. Capcom -- all without permission. And they actually have copyrights.

Lack of permission is not what you should be interested in and is not grounds for deletion.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]