Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 05, 2012, 06:58:38 AM #4290 Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:01:01 AM by slayermarth101
Has asking, what questions would people have to answer. :srs:
meaning: Give examples of questions that could be asked

You guys crossed the "user friendliness" line back around when popups were mentioned.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28053
This user put KTH's rigs over another character, uploaded them, and claimed them as his own. I checked both the upload and KTH's original, and they are identical in textures, models, and rigs.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Vyse on August 05, 2012, 08:32:36 AM
You guys crossed the "user friendliness" line back around when popups were mentioned.

I don't think people who don't follow the rules deserve a "user-friendly" interface. The things suggested would only be for people who have never submitted to the Brawlvault before, and only until they have enough approved hacks on their vault. Obviously people who have a lot of approved hacks on their vault don't need to have these things happen since they know what the rules are. It's only for people who haven't shown that they know what the rules are.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on August 05, 2012, 09:36:55 PMhttp://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28053
This user put KTH's rigs over another character, uploaded them, and claimed them as his own. I checked both the upload and KTH's original, and they are identical in textures, models, and rigs.

Honestly, so what If he used the same models as KTH? KTH didn't make those models as far as I know. And even If he did, the user had to re-rig the whole model over another character to get It to work. He only needs to credit KTH If KTH made the models.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: PAVGN on August 05, 2012, 11:25:25 PM
Honestly, so what If he used the same models as KTH? KTH didn't make those models as far as I know. And even If he did, the user had to re-rig the whole model over another character to get It to work. He only needs to credit KTH If KTH made the models.
I understand what you're saying, but KTH originally rigged the models to a single character and then ported them over someone else. But the rig of the reported upload is exactly the same as KTH's original.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

How about a verification system, like for the first 3 or 5 uploads a user makes when they first upload on the Vault. Maybe like a CAPTCHA or something where the first few uploads have to wait till approved on the Vault, until those few are approved they cannot upload anymore on the Vault.

Kinda like how until a person have to at least make 10 posts on the boards, then the verification CAPTCHA is removed when trying to send pms.

I don't know, just throwing ideas.

Quote from: PAVGN on August 05, 2012, 11:25:25 PM
I don't think people who don't follow the rules deserve a "user-friendly" interface.
This is the kind of thinking that leads to things like bad DRM.

I will never do anything like this. That is final.

Quote from: ½­ on August 06, 2012, 12:00:43 AM
How about a verification system, like for the first 3 or 5 uploads a user makes when they first upload on the Vault. Maybe like a CAPTCHA or something where the first few uploads have to wait till approved on the Vault, until those few are approved they cannot upload anymore on the Vault.
Something like this makes more sense.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28086

Didn't KTH do this stage? I think this guy stole it....
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on August 06, 2012, 01:49:02 AMhttp://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28086

Didn't KTH do this stage? I think this guy stole it....

That stage has been made by at least three people. It could be any one of those or one he made himself.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Let's see...
KTH first made it, then M2K made his version. I doubt that's his own hack, judging by his track record. The guy doesn't even provide pictures. :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28089&Moderated=All&facebook=true

This user has posted this before, and the moveset contained within is Project:M demo2's Toon Link.

Same graphical stuff, like the red arrows, it has the bottle model, the animations are all P:M's and taking a peek at it with PSA, it doesn't appear to have be changed.
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on August 06, 2012, 01:49:02 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28086

Didn't KTH do this stage? I think this guy stole it....
Hmm.  Without pictures I can't say.  Would someone be willing to test it out to see if it's plagiarized?

Quote from: Thany on August 06, 2012, 02:15:06 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28089&Moderated=All&facebook=true

This user has posted this before, and the moveset contained within is Project:M demo2's Toon Link.

Same graphical stuff, like the red arrows, it has the bottle model, the animations are all P:M's and taking a peek at it with PSA, it doesn't appear to have be changed.
Are you serious?  It's the exact same as the P:M one?

Quote from: Victory Badguy on August 06, 2012, 02:37:08 AM
Hmm.  Without pictures I can't say.  Would someone be willing to test it out to see if it's plagiarized?
I compared the uploader's stage, KTH's stage, and Mewtwo2000's version.  The stage is identical to Mewtwo2000's version.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

August 06, 2012, 03:02:30 AM #4303 Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:04:32 AM by Victory Badguy
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on August 06, 2012, 02:53:31 AM
I compared the uploader's stage, KTH's stage, and Mewtwo2000's version.  The stage is identical to Mewtwo2000's version.
Thanks.  I guess I'll go delete it.

Edit:  Done.

Does this guy have the most deleted hacks (due to breaking the rules) to date?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]